Gowdy: Democrats Never Cared About Oversight During Obama Era

"... for eight years, they didn’t lift a finger ..."

As Congressional Democrats use former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s resignation as a chance to demand more oversight and investigations into the doings of the White House, Rep. Trey Gowdy , R-S.C., noted Tuesday that their zeal has vastly changed now that the party holding the White House has also changed.

Gowdy, who chaired the House Select Committee on Benghazi, told Martha MacCallum of Fox News that his “colleagues have amnesia.”

“I will say this,” he said. “They are very well rested because for eight years, they didn’t lift a finger to do oversight.”

Democrats on Tuesday demanded select committees and special investigations related to Flynn’s connections to Russia and what kinds of information he may have given Russia before his Monday night resignation.

Trey Gowdy: Democrats Took ‘An Eight-Year Long Vacation From Doing Oversight On The Exec. Branch’ [VIDEO] http://trib.al/quBFHLo 

“All of that energy you saw today at their press conference, that is because they went on an eight-year long vacation from doing oversight over the executive branch,” Gowdy said.

While agreeing there were unanswered questions, Gowdy made it clear there is a right way and a wrong way to pursue an investigation.

“I am all for the committees of jurisdiction, looking into it. I am also for looking into how classified information can make its way into the public domain,” he said.

“That is not a Republican issue or a Democrat issue. It’s a legal issue,” he added.

The issue of leaks was noted by commentator Andrew Mark Miller on Young Conservatives.

“The question no one seems to be concerned about is how in the world did this information about Flynn’s phone calls get leaked to the public? Was it the Obama machine? Was it someone on the Trump team? That’s far more important than this hysterical conspiracy theory the liberals are pushing about Trump and Russia,” he wrote.

Although Democrats are claiming not enough attention has been paid to connections to Russia among President Donald Trump’s advisers and Russian influence on the elections, Gowdy said that’s not the case.

“The Democrats may be new to this investigation. But the Republicans in the House, as it relates to Russia and their attempts to interfere in our elections, we’re not new to it,” he said on the Fox News show America’s Newsroom.

Gowdy said Democrats are more focused on “politics … than actually finding out what happened.”

“We know they were messing around with it. We don’t think they had any impact on the outcome, but obviously we’re not going to ignore something like that,” he said.

Asked whether there was evidence Russia impacted the election, Gowdy hedged.

“I don’t think anyone knows. I’ve seen no evidence of it,” he said.

What do you think?

http://www.westernjournalism.com/gowdy-democrats-never-cared-about-...

Image result for where is the oversight? cartoon

Views: 449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frank,

I can't think of a thing to say, that you haven't already said with your great toon's. NUFF' SAID!

Thanks. 

ditto

Let's get this straight for 8yrs neither the Democrats or the Republicans cared about oversight... the GOP had control of both Houses of Congress for 4 of those 8yrs and of the House for 6 of those 8 yrs and did nothing constructive in the way of effective oversight.  So, it is BS to blame the Democrats only... the GOP is to blame also.

As for the Russian's impacting our elections... they had no effective impact... Voter and Election fraud had much, much more of an impact ... Where are the cries from the Democrats to investigate voter and election fraud?

Col,

You are so correct. 

I have said  it many times, the demorats cannot stop the appointments of DJT, only the Republicans can and they are doing just that. 

If it weren't for the Repubs, Trump should have had his full cabinet into place a week after he took office. No excuses, the demorats could not have stopped them, YET, he STILL don't have any where near a full staff. WHY? Because the Repubs hate Trump and rue the day he was elected. 

So, I agree with you 100%. Don't blame the dem's, put the blame where it belongs, ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!

Since Obama made lying the norm .  The left is left open.  Not knowing how to tell the truth and surly not able to accept the truth.  They prove this every day.  Law and order is back and is sorely needed.

" “The question no one seems to be concerned about is how in the world did this information about Flynn’s phone calls get leaked to the public? Was it the Obama machine? Was it someone on the Trump team? That’s far more important than this hysterical conspiracy theory the liberals are pushing about Trump and Russia,” he wrote.

Although Democrats are claiming not enough attention has been paid to connections to Russia among President Donald Trump’s advisers and Russian influence on the elections, Gowdy said that’s not the case.

“The Democrats may be new to this investigation. But the Republicans in the House, as it relates to Russia and their attempts to interfere in our elections, we’re not new to it,” he said on the Fox News show America’s Newsroom.

Gowdy said Democrats are more focused on “politics … than actually finding out what happened.”

“We know they were messing around with it. We don’t think they had any impact on the outcome, but obviously we’re not going to ignore something like that,” he said.

Asked whether there was evidence Russia impacted the election, Gowdy hedged.

“I don’t think anyone knows. I’ve seen no evidence of it,” he said. "

The House has never done any thing about the Benghazi killings

RSS

TEA PARTY CONNECT

Political Cartoons by Jerry Holbert

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

HOT TEA VIDEO

Diamond and Silk open up a Can of Whoop A$$

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service