The Obama administration funneled billions of dollars to activist organizations through a Department of Justice slush fund scheme, according to congressional investigators.
“It’s clear partisan politics played a role in the illicit actions that were made,” Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, told Fox News. “The DOJ is the last place this should have occurred.”
Findings spearheaded by the House Judiciary Committee point to a process shrouded in secrecy whereby monies were distributed to a labyrinth of nonprofit organizations involved with grass-roots activism.
“Advocates for big government and progressive power are using the Justice Department to extort money from corporations,” Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton told Fox News. “It’s a shakedown. It’s corrupt, pure and simple.”
There is a recent effort by Republicans to eliminate the practice, which many believe was widely abused during the Obama administration.
When big banks are sued by the government for discrimination or mortgage abuse, they can settle the cases by donating to third-party non-victims. The settlements do not specify how these third-party groups could use the windfall.
So far, investigators have accounted for $3 billion paid to “non-victim entities.”
When they locate all the cash Holder and Obama hid, they can build TWO walls!
How about six walls for each of them?
what's to discuss?? It's beyond anything ethical or justified behavior of government. JUST DO IT ! ..and then prosecute those who did it.
The swamp just keeps smelling better and better!
the money that has disappeared from state dept and pentagon make me very skeptical
Go after holder and trump for the money spent!!!
I am tempted to register as a Republican; but I will wait and see.
In 2008 the Barack Obama administration was given a $600 Billion dollar check from the Bush Administration. Another $600 Billion soon followed. This $1.2 Trillion dollars was collectively known as the Toxic Asset Reinvestment Program (TARP). Of course, it was not the end of their spending; but let us pretend that was. They spent $10,434,824,000 (ten billion) investing in nineteen (19) companies. Of them, 68% have since gone bankrupt, leaving only six (6) still struggling for a place at the financially solvent table. All were high risk investments.
I am not suggesting that $10.4 Billion is trivial. I’m simply showing some perspective here. Looking at that $10.4 Billion, it is less than one percent (00.87% ) of the TARP funds. They received a lot of negative press, for some reason. That should make everyone wonder, where did the other 99.13% of the TARP money go? Could it be that Solyndra, Inc. and the others were simply a political distraction?
as bad/absurd as handing obie $1.2trillion to do with as he pleased was, establishing 'too-big-to-fail' as the new norm was much worse.
Trump's Department of Justice and it's policies for law enforcement are slowly reversing restrictive ones that were being implemented by the extremely corrupt and racially biased Obama regime. One misguided effort in particular, was the law suits filed by Obama's faux DOJs. These allowed communist groups like the ACLU and Black Lives Matter develop their own bizarre methods for daily law enforcement. Unfortunately, the Chicago police department (under intense pressure from Obama) has already signed such a ridiculous agreement. These dangerous policies are actually designed to handcuff police in every way. They great curtail simple traffic stops, etc. They only benefit the bad guys and force cops to be reluctant to even engage even in benign scenarios.
Knowing this, should we ever wonder why violent crime keeps escalating? Cops are supposed to uphold and enforce our laws to protect citizens and private property. Cops always represent lawful authority and place their lives on the line when enforcing the law. They are NOT supposed to be social workers in historically dangerous communities.
JEFF SESSIONS WAS CORRECT TO HALT THAT MADNESS IN FERGUSON AND ELSE WHERE!!!!!