GOP leaders: National security will end Carson and Trump campaigns

Donald Trump and Ben Carson have demonstrated more staying power than anyone predicted. But now, after the terrorist attacks on an American ally, Republican elders think their party’s flirtation with inexperience is nearing its end.

The reemergence of foreign policy atop the Republican agenda will force voters to reevaluate the outsider candidates, particularly as both Trump and Carson display a lack of knowledge about national security and the terrorist threat, party stalwarts said.

“The losers are going to be Donald Trump and Ben Carson on national security,” said Katon Dawson, the former chairman of the South Carolina GOP. “As the Republican base sobers up, they are the two, if this story lasts a long time, it's going to hurt."

Indeed, in interviews with current and former GOP chairs, veteran operatives, lobbyists and strategists, the long-held conviction that neither Trump nor Carson will win the Republican nomination has only strengthened since the attacks in Paris last week.

Fred Malek, who has advised multiple Republican presidents and is not affiliated with any contender this cycle, said the inexperience Trump and Carson reveal in their rhetoric will drive GOP primary voters toward another candidate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/republicans-ben-carson-donald...

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bah humbug, now that's a suspension of intellect...Semper Fi Nam 66-67

rinocrats! Savage is spot on right about them!

The GOP "establishment" must be running desperately scared to conjure up this BS! Obama had NO experience with any national security or foreign policy knowledge (still doesn't) and he got elected twice!! If the man/woman that is chosen as the candidate for president has the smarts to surround himself/herself with very smart people who are honest and loyal to them that is what really matters. K.T. McFarland, and John Bolton come immediately to mind as two very qualified persons on both subjects. The so-called "moderates" have gone down in flames the last three elections so what does that tell you?  The GOP establishment is nothing but progressives hiding behind a harmless sounding label, but in order to score runs you have to get to first base. Something "moderate" Republicans have failed miserably to do the last twelve years! Cruz or Trump YES! Moderates NO!

Moderates are fools masquerading as Republicans. Trojan Horse occupiers.

This is a very great point.  Obama is the most inexperienced elected official in the history of the US.  I can't believe people elected him twice, though there is substantial proof the both elections were rigged and highly influenced by muslim cash that was illegally used to put this traitor in our highest office and fill the White House with islamists like Val Jarrett and many many other traitors and foreign nationals trained by Muslim Terrorists.

Obama still has no good experience.  The only thing he can hang his hat on in this Presidency is that he took Jimmy Carter out of last place in U S Presidents.  Joe Biden was the only thing that kept him from being impeached and thrown in prison for treason.

Great response

Very well put Mr. Long.  What we as a Nation are doing is not working.  I agree with Dr. Ben, "it's time to get back to the basics of what made our Constitutional Republic Great.  I also agree with Mr. Trump, "Close the borders as our system of law dictates.  

And to that subject Trump has experience. He loves America.

If only Perot has stayed the course.

Bob

Deception has many clever forms and this has the Devil's fingerprints all over it.

I wouldn't put it past them. I won't vote then...and urge others to do the same.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Michael RamirezPolitical Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service