George Soros’ real crusade: Legalizing marijuana in the U.S.

By Kelly Riddell

-

The Washington Times

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Billionaire philanthropist George Soros hopes the U.S. goes to pot, and he is using his money to drive it there.

With a cadre of like-minded, wealthy donors, Mr. Soros is dominating the pro-legalization side of the marijuana debate by funding grass-roots initiatives that begin in New York City and end up affecting local politics elsewhere.

Through a network of nonprofit groups, Mr. Soros has spent at least $80 million on the legalization effort since 1994, when he diverted a portion of his foundation’s funds to organizations exploring alternative drug policies, according to tax filings.

His spending has been supplemented by Peter B. Lewis, the late chairman of Progressive Insurance Co. and an unabashed pot smoker who channeled more than $40 million to influence local debates, according to the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. The two billionaires’ funding has been unmatched by anyone on the other side of the debate.

Mr. Soros makes his donations through the Drug Policy Alliance, a nonprofit he funds with roughly $4 million in annual contributions from his Foundation to Promote an Open Society.

Read more at: The Washington Times!

Views: 423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why is this asswipe still breathing?

We might want to check Rand Paul's donation list, he also supports its legalization. 

During my tour in Vietnam it helped me get to sleep.  Took me eleven years to notice I never got anything done, had to quit....Semper Fi Nam 66-67

The smell might have notified the Cong as to where you were sleeping. Good idea to give it up. You came home!

I say sure, let him waste his $40 Mil, like it or not legalization of it seems to be the way the wind is blowing anyway. Point of fact, though I have never even so much as once tried it, I would be for legalization and think it was asininely stupid to make it illegal in the first place.

George Soros is an EVIL / SENILE / NAZI / COMMUNIST / FASCIST /MARXIST!!!

SORRY JO ANN BUT IT WOULD BE OUR FALT IF THE CHILDREN GET THERE HANDS ON POT  IT WOULD MEAN THA WE ARE NOT WATCHING OVER OUR KIDS AS WE SHOULD AS PARENTS I HAVE TO USE IT FOR A SHOLDER THAT CAN NOT  BE REPIRED AND I DONT WANT THE GOV TO TELL ME I CAN NOT USE WHAT MY GOD HAS PUT ON THIS EARTH YOU DONT HAVE TO DO ANY THING TO IT BUT GIVE IT GODS SUNLIGHT AND WATER

You are a nice guy, Lance. Sorry about that shoulder. We ALL want the government out of our personal lives!!!! If it helps your shoulder - go for it!

Smoke up George Soros, smoke up.

I smoked pot for years and to me the reality is that was a waste if time and money. It is not necessary and does alter perception. There us nothing wrong being clear headed and sobriety. Getting the masses stoned is a great way to control them. Legalizing pot would give the government something else to tax. It is a win win for them. That is why we should fight against it

I will never be convinced that pot is the only drug for your pain and it damn sure does alter the brain.  The children are already on some kind of drugs that has made them dependent and dope will only enable them more.  Our children needs an education and all of their brain needs to be there and not influenced by some drugs.

I have no use for George Soros at all.   I believe that his wealth was from Moscow.

But in this case I agree withg hime.   My position is, let george purchase pot fora ll

of these pot heads and let them smoke themselves into the grave.   We don't need

them and they should be gone. Anyone stupid enoiugh to use these mind altering

drugs should be supplied with all they want and let them kill themselves

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

C o r o n a V i r u s

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service