FoxNews.com

Michael Flynn steps down as President Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser amid new revelations about telephone calls with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

For more on this story, visit http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/13/justice-department-repor...
This is not a good sign... it certainly doesn't bode well for any of Trump's promises of action rather than retreat... Gen. Flynn had the right to discuss general topics of concern with Russia as part of Trumps Transition Team... he was not engaged in diplomatic negotiations... in spite of what the MSM and his enemies claim.
Trump failed to support a man he CLAIMED was a major part of his plan to make America Great Again... Who's next?  Trump had better address the reasons for accepting his resignation and they had better be convincing and overwhelming.  We don't need more caving to the LEFT.

Views: 876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Correct to a tee.. great post. Thank you fellow Veteran ... good points and observations.

+1. Great perspective / reminders. Thanks sir.

I agree Dale... with the caveat that Trump takes a pro-active position... with regard to attacks on his administration in the future... too, defend his staff.

Lets get it straight.. apparently he lied or did not tell the full truth.. Republicans, Conservatives, and Independents cannot afford to say or do anything other than totally transparent and truthful tasks, jobs, conversations, etc... liberal and dumbocraps can get away with anything but NOT US ..not the moral majority.. not the backbone of AMERICA.. AMERICA IS BASED ON HONESTY, TRUTH, GOOD DEEDS. WE THE PEOPLE deserve good and righteous people working for us and being  PAID BY US. The simple fact is if you lie ..you will get caught and that not only hurts you it hurts AMERICA.. so President Trump in this case did not throw Flynn under the bus.. he threw himself under the bus.. Wake up people ..PRESIDENT TRUMP TRUSTED him and he failed.. it is all on Mr. Flynn.. President Trump must move forward to fhe GOOD OF AMERICA...

Cliff... Gen. Flynn has not lied... he said he may not have fully briefed the VP and President on the Russian phone conversation... He can't remember the full details regarding what was briefed to the VP.  Remember, this conversation occurred in December 2016 and lots of other conversations have intervened since.

It is also possible that the VP may have misunderstood what Flynn told him... or that Flynn did not provided the full details of the conversation with the Russian Ambassador to the VP.  In any event, there are ways that the confusion surrounding the event could occur without lying.

Col Nelson, sir I agree.. I said "apparently", perhaps that was the wrong word.. I wanted to convey a bit of ambiguity .. I would rather our President had fought this crap. I do not believe for a minute that an honorable man like the General would have lied to the President or Vice President on purpose. We seem to be conditioned to giving in way too easily in these types of arguments. The MSM is the real culprit, I believe they are still trying to assert their "power" to sway the Government.. and in some ways succeeding.. I am a proponent of the old style of getting or giving news.. give it sparsely and at at time of my choosing.. to that point I would like to see the President stop the daily briefings.. drop back to a once a week or even once every two weeks. I would make it a one page one line per topic short BRIEFING... if they want details.. wait at the President's convenience. Perhaps a monthly "fireside chat / update to the nation" .. but then I am more old school for wanting that .. I believe our leadership responds too much to the noise of the MSM.

V/r

Cliff  

I agree Cliff... cut back on giving the MSM access... and control what they get. Shut down all leaks and control the narrative.

The Left + Artificially Inflated Controversy = Ignore Them!

Exactly... O + O =  O.  The left is an algorithmic function whose sum is zero, every time ...

That's exactly right. Trump also needs to plug the leaks. Otherwise the left finds out about other illegal activities and skewers Trump himself eventually. This cannot happen. Trump is the President of the USA and thus beyond reproach! All criticism of him must be silenced immediately.

The LEFT will get their "pound of flesh" at the next NSA selection hearings and this period running up to it. Get ready for an ALL OUT BASHING!

We ALL kpow what's coming from the liberal progressive democrat machine.

President Trump's next choice for NSA chief will be very interesting. Will he go liberal progressive to mollify his critics or stick to his guns and go completely conservative and trustworthy to the Trump camp?

This is part of the Trump Mystique, if his "people" F-_ _CK up or get caught in a trap, out they go.

We gotta move on.

Did any of us really think President Trump and his administration were going to be completely error free for the entire first term?

C'mon . . . .

I hate to admit it, but it looks like General Flynn blew it, and brought the house down on himself politically.  This is not uncommon for good military men.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary VarvelPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

Judicial Watch->  Emails Show Dossier-Connected Obama State Dept Officials Set ‘Face-To-Face’ Meeting On ‘Russian Matter’ Shortly Before 2016 Election

Judicial Watch and the Daily Caller News Foundation on Thursday released 84 pages of documents showing Obama’s State Department was central to pushing the ‘Trump-Russia’ hoax shortly before the 2016 election.

The email exchange between then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer, a very close associate to Christopher Steele, show them discussing a ‘face-to-face’ meeting in New York on a ‘Russian matter’ in September of 2016.

Via Judicial Watch:

Judicial Watch and The Daily Caller News Foundation today released 84 pages of documents, including a September 2016 email exchange between then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer, a close associate of dossier author Christopher Steele, discussing a “face-to-face” meeting on a “Russian matter.”

(In June 2016 Nuland permitted a meeting between Steele and the FBI’s legal attaché in Rome. Nuland told CBS News that the State Department knew about the Steele dossier by July 2016.)

According to an op-ed Winer wrote for The Washington Post in 2018, also in September 2016, “Steele and I met in Washington and discussed the information now known as the “dossier… I prepared a two-page summary and shared it with Nuland, who indicated that, like me, she felt that the secretary of state needed to be made aware of this material.”

A September 17, 2016, email exchange between Nuland and Winer – that was classified in the interest of national defense or foreign policy – discusses the political situation in Libya, but also brings up a “Russian matter:”

Sent: September 17, 2016 at 12:40:00 PM EDT
To: Nuland, Victoria J
Subject: Re: Libya Update

Would like to discuss this and a Russian matter.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:31 PM
To: Winer, Jonathan
Subject: Re. Libya Update

In ny face to face?

Sent: September 17, 2016 at 1:56:05 PM EDT
To: Nuland, Victoria J
Subject: Re: Libya Update

Yes that was [sic] be good.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:58 PM
To: Winer, Jonathan
Subject: Re. Libya Update

Good. I’ll reach out when im there Sunday. [Redacted]

If Victoria Nuland’s name sounds familiar it’s because she has been on Judicial Watch’s radar for a long time and in many of TGP’s previous reports.

In December 2018, Judicial Watch released documents revealing that Victoria Nuland was involved in the Obama State Department’s urgent gathering of classified Russia investigation information and disseminating it to members of Congress within hours of Donald Trump taking office.

In a related lawsuit, Judicial Watch is suing the State Department communications between Ambassador Nuland and employees of Fusion GPS, as well as top ranking Department of Justice, FBI, and State Department officials.

“The Obama State Department was central to the effort to target President Trump with the Russia smear,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “These new emails further show that senior Obama State Department advanced the Russiagate hoax just before the 2016 presidential election.”

Tom Fitton   @TomFitton

BREAKING: Obama State Department was central to the effort to target President @RealDonaldTrump with the Russia smear. New emails show how senior Obama State Department advanced the Russiagate hoax just before the 2016 presidential election.

Embedded video

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service