Obama and his Administration are merely the symptom of a greater problem... the progressive subversion of our Constitutional Republic. The following items hold the KEYS to reforming our government:
1) A 'Term limits' Amendment: One 6yr term for all elected and appointed officers and judges; with 1/3rd standing for election or appointment, every other year. Eliminate the professional political class and return our government to the people and CITIZEN Politicians.
2) A 'Balanced Budget' Amendment: Require the Federal Budget to be balanced within 6yrs. Provide provisions to exceed the budget only in times of 'declared war' and for 'national emergencies' as approved by 3/4ths vote of the Congress (both houses). Return sound fiscal policy to government.
3) Elimination of the Federal Reserve and private central banking: return the power to coin and manage our currency and the public debt, to the US Treasury and Congress... (alone). End PRIVATE central banking as the arbiters of our currency policy.
4) Repeal of the 16th and 17th Amendments: Return to the Constitutions original forms of taxation and reaffirm States rights. Return the method for selecting Senators to the States. Phase in the elimination of federal income taxes over 6yrs. Reinforce States rights and eliminate the power to levy direct taxes upon the people by the federal government.
These four actions, will go a long way to reestablishing our Constitutional Republic. A small federal government of citizen politicians, capable of managing the common interest of the Republic (thru the enumerated powers of the federal government), with individual States and people retaining the greater power to govern.
Additional items for Congress to take up ... in their first session:
1) Rewriting the 'Federal Judiciary Act' with an eye on restricting the jurisdiction of the Federal Courts to it's original Constitutional limits. Provide a standing review board for the removal of federal judges who violate their oaths of office or become 'Activist Judges'. Expand the US Supreme Court to include at least two divisions (one criminal the other civil) with multiple three panel tribunals, capable of hearing many more cases. Affirm the Constitutions prohibition on any inferior court to have jurisdiction over any matter involving a sovereign state. (The court of original jurisdiction for all matters involving a State must be the US Supreme Court.)
2) Addressing the illegal immigration problem by imposing mandatory employer verification and imposing serous penalties for engaging in illegal alien trafficking... amend the current laws to provide serious penalties (large fines and mandatory jail time for repeat offenders) for hiring or aiding and abetting illegal alien trafficking.
Use the RICO statutes to pursue large corporations that routinely attempt to evade the immigration laws by conspiring to hire illegals thru contractors.
Include serious penalties for 'government employees' who knowingly provide sanctuary or any form of government aid to an illegal alien.
Require 'Sponsors' of legal immigrants to live up to their responsibility to SUPPORT those legal immigrants who are unemployed or for any reason need pubic assistance... as originally intended.
Eliminate all immigration until full employment is achieved in the US.
3) Repeal Obama Care and all unconstitutional executive orders. Pass legislation that restricts any future President from using Executive Orders to circumvent the clear intent of Congress and its legislation.
4) Pass 'Special Prosecutor' legislation that creates a standing bureau of the Special Prosecutor that answers only to Congress. Fund and man the bureau with sufficient resources to go after government corruption whenever and wherever it is found or indicated.
5) Reduces/consolidate the number of Departments in government... to conform the government infrastructure to align with its Constitutional functions. The Department of Education, Energy, Home land Security, Transportation, DEH, IRS, etc., can be eliminated or down sized to bureaus under the Departments of Interior, Defense, Commerce, Treasury, or Labor. The goal of such legislation would be to reduce the federal government by 60% in personnel, departments , bureaus, and agencies.
The following Departments should be retained: Secretaries of State and Treasury, Department of Defense, Interior, Labor, Commerce and Justice. All other Departments should be eliminated and their functions transferred as bureaus under one of the remaining departments... or eliminated all together. The down sizing of the federal government should be phased in over 6yrs... with the balanced budget requirement... reduce the size of government by 10% each year for 6yrs.
All these requirements should be presented to our current government... in the form of a petition to redress our grievances. these petitions must be backed by strikes and massive public demonstrations. The Patriot movement must organize on a national level if it is going to achieve political reform.