RICHMOND, Va. — Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, once viewed as a rising star in the GOP, and his wife were indicted Tuesday on federal corruption charges accusing the couple of accepting tens of thousands of dollars in loans, shopping sprees, money for their daughter's wedding — and even a joyride in a Ferrari — from the owner of a company that makes health supplements.

The 14-count indictment portrays the former governor as deeply entrenched in credit card debt even before he took office and willing to accept lavish gifts from Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams, who hoped the first couple's endorsement for his products would yield big profits for his company.

McDonnell appeared Tuesday night at a hastily called news conference in Richmond to strongly deny any wrongdoing and denounce what he said was an "unjust overreach" by federal prosecutors.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014/01/21/us/ap-us-former-governor...

Views: 605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they can share a jail cell... lol 

This is a fishing expedition in trying to demoralized the Republican party.

Just declare war on the lying liberal Marxists thugs.

The article is from the New York Times. The Obama/Hillary administration is hard at work on the 2016 campaign eliminating who THEY think will be a possible candidate for the Republican party. Watch to see which Republican possibility comes next. 

This "expose" will last just long enough to cover McDonnell with enough liberal progressive democrat machine "dirt" to hurt his chances of rising in the  ranks of Republican candidates.

It's already working! Look at how many of US on here are doubting his innocence!

`

I DON"T BELIEVE A WORD OF IT ! ! ! `

`

`

Seems like the new desperate strategy of the Democrats & Obama is to trash every Republican they can while ignoring all of Obama's "REAL" scandals to make voters think that all their troubles are because of the opposition.

I hope if this guy is guilty - and it appears he and his wife are - they burn the two of them with the max. It's garbage like this that make the Republican party look bad. Better yet, make them register as Democrats; that's what they do,

It seems to me that in the USA - one is still considered  innocent - till proven Guilty!!!

seems the Obamas get a lot of GIFTS for Favors!  What can we do about them??

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service