Florida Gov. Rick Scott Moves To Suspend ‘Incompetent’ Sheriff Israel

Florida Gov. Rick Scott is moving to suspend “incompetent” Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for “dereliction of duty” that allowed the school shooting to take place, after a popular petition by lawmakers including Florida House Speaker Richard Corcoran.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott is moving to suspend 'incompetent' Sheriff Israel for 'dereliction of duty' after a petition by lawmakers.

Accompanying that tweet was a copy of the letter.

https://twitter.com/richardcorcoran/status/967839134151774210?ref_s...

Corcoran, a potential 2018 gubernatorial candidate, accused Sheriff Israel of ignoring warning signs from alleged Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter Nikolas Cruz, and said Israel had failed to “maintain a culture of alertness, vigilance, and throughness amongst his deputies.

Four of Sheriff Israel’s deputies have become embroiled in scandal after it emerged they did not enter the school and engage the shooter, or shooters, during the event, instead seeking safety behind their patrol cars until Coral Springs police arrived on the scene.

A Coral Springs police source told CNN that “the deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles,” the sources said, and “not one of them had gone into the school.

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.

But the cowardice of Sheriff Israel’s deputies is just the starting point in an investigation into the Sheriff’s dereliction of duty regarding the shooting. Israel has been forced to announce an investigation into how two other deputies had handled warnings about the Nikolas Cruz prior to the shooting.

Law enforcement received a total of 18 warnings from various members of the public about the alleged shooter before the attack, including a caller saying the eventual gunman was a “school shooter in the making.”

“I can only take responsibility for what I knew about,” Israel said. “I exercise my due diligence. I’ve given amazing leadership to this agency.”

Under the Florida state constitution, Scott has the authority to suspend county sheriffs given they are elected officials not subject to impeachment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shootin...

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"amazing leadership"  ??? 

WHAT is he SMOKING??

Scott Israel, more like drinking, he looks like the out of shape boozer type.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

President Trump Threatens To Close Southern Border 

President Trump issued a blunt warning to Mexico and other Central American nations over their failure to stop illegal migrants and criminal cartels targeting the U.S. southern border, saying he would send the military and shut down the southern border. Trump made his threat in tweet storm Thursday morning in which he said the newly negotiated trade deal with Mexico would take second place to border security.

Over 4,000 migrants are now reported to be in the caravan headed to the U.S.

A horde of thousands migrants from Honduras and other Central American countries on an organized to the U.S. are approaching the Mexican border. Mexico is reportedly sending federal police to stop them.

Over 16,000 illegal alien migrant family units were arrested at the southern border in September.

“I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S…..

….In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught – and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..

….The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade or the USMCA. Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border. All Democrats fault for weak laws!”

Donald J. Trump   realDonaldTrump

I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S.....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..

Donald J. Trump  realDonaldTrump

....The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade or the USMCA. Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border. All Democrats fault for weak laws!

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service