Female Army soldier petitions White House on ‘racially biased’ grooming regulations

A member of the Georgia National Guard is petitioning the White House to have the U.S. Army reconsider “racially biased” changes to regulations on grooming and uniforms.

Sgt. Jasmine Jacobs‘ petition charges that Army Regulation 670-1, which was released Monday, offers “little to no options” for minority female soldiers.

POLL: Do you anticipate a collapse of the US dollar?

The petition, which has 7,000 signatures, states: “More than 30 percent of females serving in the military are of a race other than white. […] In the proposed changes [to Army Regulation 670-1], unauthorized hairstyles include twists, both flat twists as well as two strand twists; as well as dreadlocks, which are defined as ‘any matted or locked coils or ropes of hair.’ These new changes are racially biased and the lack of regard for ethnic hair is apparent. This policy needs to be reviewed prior to publishing to allow for neat and maintained natural hairstyles.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/2/female-army-soldier-... 

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Discipline is the "Bed-Rock" of an effective Unit...

The Military have no Discipline in their ranks anymore because of Racists like this idiot...

Definition of Uniform: a prescribed identifying set of clothes for the members of an organization, such as soldiers or schoolchildren. Always the same, as in character or degree; unvarying. 2. Conforming to one principle, standard, or rule; consistent.

That's right. There is a reason we, in the military should all be the same. The rule where the Islamic religious should not be able to wear head garbs. If I were to be out in the war zone, and I was accompanied by Islamic religious soldiers with head gear unlike mine, who do you think the enemy would be trying to shoot at, me or them? This rule should be non-existent. We military should all be consistently the same. Otherwise we can be singled out and targeted by diversity. Diversity belongs to the soldier when not on duty, not on the battlefield.

Braids, weaves and wigs commonly worn by minority females are NOT natural hairstyles! The military is NOT a fashion show!! This challenge to our new regulation is crap...have you seen the new female cut uniform? It "outlines" the curves of the female form...the uniform is designed to be loose fitting so that we can move better in combat...its not made to show off a females butt and breast!! How does long wigs and weaves along with a uniform that rids up the crack of a female soldiers butt have anything to do with a combat related job? It's liberal crap that is hurting our military! If your hair is not naturally grown and can be kept neat and well groomed than it needs to be made so to maintain a professional look...THE MILITARY IS NOT A BEAUTY CONTEST! This argument is B.S!!!

This is yet another example of something happening in today’s military that NEVER would have happened when I served. If a NCO during my service had started a petition directly to the CINC every one that signed it would have been called as a witness to that NCO’s courts martial. Everyone that does something like this can be counted on to be reservist or guardsmen too.

Really??  Petition over hair regulations?  How petty are you?  Thousands of lives have been lost on the battlefield, families stricken with grief, and children that have lost a parent.  If your staring down the barrel of a rifle with an army of pissed off Taliban members in front of you, your hair is the last thing you will be worried about.  Let's put this in perspective.  The Army is meant to defend our country, not to be a forum of political corruption, i mean correctness.  Thank your lucky stars you live in this country and that you are in fact alive.  So Sgt. Jacobs, I still do admire the fact that you are in the national guard because I have the utmost respect for any man or woman who wears that uniform honorably, but the next time you want to complain about hair regulations, think about those who have lost so much and ask yourself, is it really that important?  This is not about race, its about staying alive and caring for your fellow soldiers!

NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Well said.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Pat Cross

ALERT ALERT

WTH -> Rosie O’Donnell Claims There Are ‘Over 100,000’ Concentration Camps In America

Actress and left-wing activist Rosie O’Donnell made the stunning claim that there are more than 100,000 concentration camps in states across the country, holding unaccompanied minors who illegally enter the U.S.

Appearing Monday on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live After Show,” Rosie O’Donnell was asked about the role she’s playing in Lights for Liberty, a rally being held July 12th to demand and end to what host Andy Cohan called “detention camps.”

“Yeah, the concentration camps, even though there’s lots of controversy about the word. But actually, legitimate scholars who study genocide say, yes, these are, in fact, the criteria for concentration camps, they meet them. There are over 100,000 camps in nearly every state,” O’Donnell said, failing to cite the scholars she mentioned. “There’s between 10,000 and 13,000 children, that could fill Radio City Music Hall twice. That’s how many children unaccompanied alone in these camps.”

O’Donnell, of course, was echoing fellow far-left figures like New York freshman Congressman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who has spent the last several weeks comparing the oft-overcrowded Border Patrol facilities currently holding thousands of unaccompanied minors who illegally entered the country with adults to contraction camps like the ones that executed Jews during the Holocaust. Indeed, that comparison was roundly rejected on Monday by the United States Holocaust Museum.

“The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum unequivocally rejects efforts to create analogies between the Holocaust and other events, whether historical or contemporary,” the organization said. “That position has repeatedly and unambiguously been made clear in the Museum’s official statement on the matter – a statement that is reiterated and reaffirmed now.”

It is worth noting that the policy of separating children from adults and holding them in separate facilities was expanded by Barack Obama. It was his administration that separated thousands of children from their parents as a way to deter illegal immigration.

Rosie O’Donnell Backs Elizabeth Warren’s 2020 Bid — ‘She Knows How to Handle That Baby in the White House’

Rosie O’Donnell said she is supporting Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary.

O’Donnell said, “Warren is my choice.”

She added, “We need a leader. We need a leader, and she’s been leading. Every time she opens her mouth, she gets more respect. Because she has plans for everything, she knows what she’s doing. And I think she knows how to handle that baby in the White House.”

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service