The latest discovery of unconstitutional, wasteful spending is a nearly $600,000 grant to finance a study that will look into designating “safe zones” for LGBTQ community members.
One News Now reports:
The federal government is awarding more than half a million dollars in taxpayer money in the form of grants to fund a study examining “safe zones” designated for engineering students who identify as members of the LGBTQ community.
A grand total of $587,441 is being spent by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to finance a joint study titled “A Virtual Community of Practice to Promote LGBTQ Inclusion in Engineering” – a research project that includes the creation of an online Safe Zone course devised to offer inclusion training for engineering students, as well as for engineering professionals nationwide.
According to NSF, the possibility of some gender-confused students feeling a bit uneasy about the acceptance of their sexuality while taking engineering courses warrants an investment of nearly $600,000 in taxpayers’ money.
Seriously, over half a million dollars to study a “possible problem”?
It sounds to me like we have a much bigger problem than this. We have people in DC who take an oath to uphold the Constitution and abide by it and yet, they turn right around and appropriate this money to things the Constitution never gives them the authority to appropriate it to.
“Recent research on the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) individuals in engineering has shown that the climate can be unfriendly (or ‘chilly’) for both students and professionals,” NSF’s award abstract reads. “This project aims to increase the inclusion of LGBTQ students and professionals in engineering.”
“It will provide support for new approaches to foster inclusion and research on how to enable faculty and staff to become change agents,” the abstract continues. “The project will identify issues faced by LGBTQ students and professionals in engineering, identify and implement strategies to create more welcoming engineering environments, and disseminate those strategies so that they can be expanded to a national level.”
In other words, it’s to indoctrinate your kids to receive the behavior of the LGBTQ community as normal and perhaps, to even engage in that behavior.
In fact, The Washington Free Beacon reports, “The study aims to ‘foster inclusion’ and allow college faculty and professors to ‘become change agents.'”
Over $100,000 of the money will be spent by the National Science Foundation to create “safe zone” inclusion training.
“In addition, the research will be the basis of systematic development and formative refinement of an online SafeZone course to provide inclusion training to engineering students and professionals nationwide,” the grant states.
“A chilly climate for LGBTQ individual [sic] can be found in every sector of STEM professions, where cultural norms and professional ideologies make it difficult to recognize and rectify exclusionary practices,” the grant continues. “One negative consequence of this chilly environment is difficulty in recruiting and retaining talented LGBTQ individuals into the engineering profession.”
“This project uses qualitative research to generate new knowledge about the processes of developing a community of practice to promote LGBTQ inclusion in engineering, how the members of the community develop into change agents, and what strategies are effective in reshaping norms and increasing LGBTQ inclusion in engineering departments,” the grant added.
In the past, we have seen how money is spent unconstitutionally and wastefully in DC. Here are some examples.
- $516,000 to create a video game called “Prom Week” so people can relive their high school prom experiences;
- $15 million for recruiting scientists for Russia’s weapons institutes;
- $505,000 to a pet shampoo company;
- $13,000 to paint a large mural of a carrot in order to deter obesity;
- $10,000 for talking urinal cakes to deter drunk driving;
- $1.5 million to vineyards;
- $700,000 to develop beef jerky at the Pentagon;
- $20,000 on circus classes;
- $666,905 to research people watching reruns on TV;
- Professional athletes overseas vacations;
- School tax credits for prisoners who did not attend school;
- Medicaid audit program costs more than it brings in, $30,000;
- $939,771 to research male fruit flies’ attraction to younger female fruit flies;
- $74 million for an electric vehicle tax credit that will not reduce emissions;
- $750,970 to a brewery in New Hampshire;
- $547,430 for a dancing robot named Shimi to serve as a disc jockey for smartphones;
- $24,995 grant to develop a course entitled, “Should we want to be happy?”
- $49,990 to a potato chip company for advertising;
- $25,000 to promote the Alabama Watermelon Queen around the state;
- $1.2 million to study older people playing the video game World of Warcraft;
- $99,000 to a new distillery that will produce vodka and other hard alcohols; and,
- $548,731 to study whether young people who drink alcohol feel immature
- $325,000 contributed to the construction of robotic squirrels to obs...
- $1000 Taxpayer Grants For Zombie Apocalypse Training At Resort &...
It’s way past time that the DC beast got out of education altogether, including higher education. It’s also high time that they stopped being given a pass to engage in unconstitutional spending.
First, we should be electing representatives who understand what the Constitution says about what they can spend money on. I’ve recently come up with a simple thing that people could do at political rallies for candidates and that is to teach their children the first ten amendments and then ask the candidate to state those amendments to those he is seeking to represent. If he can’t, have your child cite them and then communicate loud and clear that your child is better suited to uphold the Constitution than they are.
However, for those running for Congress, perhaps they could simply refer to their enumerated powers. These encompass their authority to spend.
Second, when it comes to education, we should be teaching our children ourselves, not sending them to the public indoctrination centers. To get started with that for free, click here.
Finally, we need a return to states ignoring the Supreme Court’s ruling on sodomy laws and begin to deal with this epidemic of mental illness, as well as Christians must be bold in confronting those engaging in the practice, as well as those seeking to support and protect it with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.