Feds dangle $12,000 bonus to firms that hire foreign students

The Department of Homeland Security is readying a plan to expand a program that pays U.S. employers to hire foreign STEM students taught in America, a move that could end up punishing American college grads and even the elderly, according to an immigration think tank.

In pushing to allow more foreign students into the so-called "optional practical training program," DHS said that it will help businesses and colleges by keeping those foreign students in the U.S. following their American-taught science, technology, engineering, and math, or STEM, curriculum.

But the Center for Immigration Studies said it will punish American STEM students competing for those same jobs. And, they added, in adjusting how the foreign students are categorized as employees, they get out of paying payroll taxes used to help fund programs like Social Security and Medicare.

Currently, the program urges companies to hire STEM students for a year. CIS said firms are paid up to $10,000 to participate. The new proposal, said CIS, is to add on another year and $2,000 in bonuses.

read more:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2574411/?utm_content=buff...

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now what?

How can a country that is broke as hell keep giving money to people who want to kill us. How can any red blooded American support giving money to someone that we don't have. Congress need to stop this madness of Obama. This is a man hell bent and leather bound to completely destroy America financially. We do not have the money to give to people who are not American citizens.

I definitely want those departments eliminated and anyone connected to these programs fired and blackballed from any government job.

AMEN David! Me Too!

sb

CANCEL THEIR BUDGET. 

But you know the House does not even try to cancel anyone's budget!! 

sb

Once again our Government  is screwing the American citizen and using our tax payer money for non-Americans! Wake up AMERICA!!!!

The MSM (liberal) media will only report what DHS says ," DHS said that it will help businesses and colleges by keeping those foreign students in the U.S. following their American-taught science, technology, engineering, and math, or STEM, curriculum." so that people will think that it is ok- they won't realize that it hurts American workers. That is how the Obama Administration gets away with this stuff. I know some people that are liberals, and they have no idea what is really going on! 

"Department of Homeland Security"...............exactly what is that supposed to mean?  What is their job?  Homeland Security means, to me, just that, protecting the "homeland" America and the citizens of America.  Who the heck do they think they are........oh yes, I forgot, obummer and them rule the roost and we just have to keep our mouth's shut and obey.  Sorry, I do not like koolaid.

Just were are they planning to get All this money ! This is how you Crush a Country

Lets get rid of Homeland Security and most of the other alphabet agencies created in the last 15 years!

Another CRAT invasion scheme to shut down.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

CONFUSION:   Pelosi Says Constitution Spells Out ‘Two Co-Equal Branches’ Of Government

No Nancy. No.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi must be taking night classes at the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez School of Government.

Pelosi, the 79-year-old third-highest ranking official in the U.S. government, was speaking to the Center for American Progress today when she mistakenly said there are “two co-equal branches” of government, before correcting herself to say there are three.

Watch:

“First of all, let me just say, we take an oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” Pelosi said.

“Democrats take that oath seriously, and we are committed to honoring our oath of office. I’m not sure that our Republican colleagues share that commitment, and I’m not sure that the president of the United States does, too,” she claimed.

“So, in light of the fact that the beauty of the Constitution is a system of checks and balances— two co-equal branches— three co-equal branches of government,” she corrected with a laugh.

“A check and balance on each other,” she continued. “Con— Constitution spells out the pri— pa, uh, the duties of Congress and one of them is oversight of the president of the United States, another one of them is to impeach the president of the United States,” Pelosi said.

In November, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rallied supporters on Facebook to pitch in and help Democrats take back “all three chambers of Congress.”

“…the Progressive movement works and it wins in all districts…If we work our butts off to make sure that we take back all three chambers of Congress– three chambers of government…,” she said during the virtual appearance.

She clarified that she meant the “presidency, the Senate and the House.”

According to the Constitution, the three branches of government are the legislative, executive and judicial.

Below: Nancy Pelosi is continuing to promote the false narrative that President Trump is involved in a cover-up and therefore may be guilty of an impeachable offense. Millie Weaver joins Alex to break down the propaganda being used to overturn the democratic election of 2016 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service