‘Don’t Tread On Me’ license plate sales tell tale of the times

Pundits keep giving the tea party last rites, but if sales of a specialty license plate in Virginia are any indication, it’s not only alive and kicking, but it’s also growing in popularity.

Based on the Gadsden flag popular at tea party events, the plate depicts a coiled snake with the words “Don’t tread on me” on a bright yellow background.

“I’m seeing them everywhere now,” said Virginia Beach resident Keith Freeman, according to The Virginia-Pilot.
read more:

Views: 1363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take a look at a very successful local Tea Party in North Carolina!
Started by five retired woman, 1700+ members and placed 70% of the Republican Precinct Chairman in Moore County!
They are not going away!

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Republic+democracy

The word republic, derived from the Latin res publica, or "public thing," refers to a form of government where the citizens conduct their affairs for their own benefit rather than for the benefit of a ruler. Historically republics have not always been democratic in character, however.

Thomas Paine, in his book Common Sense (1776), called for a representative government for the colonies and for a written constitution. Paine rejected the legitimacy of the monarchy to have a part in government. This attack on the king was echoed the following year in the Declaration of Independence, where Thomas Jefferson proposed that colonists reject the monarchy and become republican citizens. Framers of the U.S. Constitution intended to create a republican government. Article IV, Section 4, states "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government…." Though the language was vague, the authors of the Constitution clearly intended to prevent the rise to power of either a monarchy or a hereditary aristocracy. Article I, Section 9, states, "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States," and most state constitutions have similar provisions.

James Madison, the author of many of the essays included in The Federalist Papers (1787–88), put forward a sophisticated concept of republican government. He explained in Number 10 that a republic must be contrasted with a democracy. In the eighteenth century the term "democracy" meant what is now called a pure or direct democracy, wherein legislation is made by a primary assembly of citizens, as existed in several rural Swiss cantons and in New England towns. In a pure democracy, Madison argued, there is no check on the majority to protect the weaker party or individuals and therefore such democracies "have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention," where rights of personal security and property are always in jeopardy.

Sounds familiar does it not?

Maybe to appeal to the masses we go back to one party system that was established in the beginning... Republic - democracy. This would include all and would appeal to those who would like to end the bickering by the DIVIDED HOUSE!

What's your thoughts?

About time...when does AZ get the plate???? I have the stickers all over my back window...can't miss them.

If my state offered them, I would trade in my military retired plates in favor of these.

I know we all fall short of The Lord's expectations but this is refreshing every time I read it...God Bless the Tea Party and all True Believers in Christ!!!

2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."  Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."  And, "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Daniel, you must live in a Communist State!

Daniel, wow, I'm surprised then.  Is Georgia on the fence? Half Red/Half Blue?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Chip BokThe cartoonist's homepage, pnj.com/opinion

ALERT ALERT

SWEET: Republican Representative Introduces Resolution To Expel Nancy Pelosi From Congress

Louisiana Republican Rep. Ralph Abraham has introduced legislation to expel Speaker Nancy Pelosi from the House of Representatives.

Abraham’s resolution accuses Pelosi of a “vicious crusade” against President Donald Trump.

Above: Rep. Ralph Abraham

“Nancy Pelosi’s vicious crusade against our lawfully-elected President is nothing more than a politically-motivated witch hunt and it must be stopped,” Abraham said in a statement obtained by Fox News. “She has disgraced the people’s House and weaponized the Speaker’s gavel for her party’s political gain.”

“House Democrats spent nearly three years obsessed with election meddling only to dwarf any such efforts with their own deceitful plan to nullify the 2016 election and prevent President Trump from winning in 2020,” the statement continued. “I have introduced a resolution calling for her to be expelled from the House and for the Speaker’s Office to be vacated.”

The text of the resolution, which is most definitely not going to pass the Democrat-controlled House reads: “Resolved, That pursuant to Article 1, Section 5, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, Representative Nancy Pelosi be, and she hereby is, expelled from the House of Representatives and the Office of the Speaker is declared to be vacant.”

Fox News notes that constitutional clause holds that “Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.”

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service