By Arnold Ahlert  Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recently, there have been many attempts to get a handle on why there is so much public discontent. I think all the reasoning can be boiled down to one idea: Americans feel powerless. Millions of us look at Washington, D.C. and see one thing and one thing only, namely a ruling class that is completely out of touch with ordinary Americans and their concerns.

Fortunately that same ruling class, in their unbridled hubris, has made a critical error. They’ve presented the public with an extraordinary opportunity to give the federal government one of the grander smack downs that any public could give any out-of-control government. And all the American public has to do to give Washington that smack down is…..nothing.

Right now, the Obama administration is in the process of rolling out the so-called Affordable Healthcare Act that requires millions of Americans to buy health insurance, or pay a fine. It is being rolled out, even as Congress and their staffs remain cradled in their own healthcare cocoon, retaining the 75 percent subsidies on their health insurance premiums, even though the law as written required members of Congress and their staffs to purchase their premiums on the government exchanges created by the law. It is being rolled out even as our president, whose administration’s entire agenda can be reduced to the idea that “we’re going to do whatever we want, and we dare someone to stop us” unconstitutionally dispensed with the employer mandate that was also part of the law as written.

I bring both of these factoids up for two reasons: one, it reveals the utter hypocrisy of Democrats and their media propaganda pushers who, in the midst of the government shutdown, solemnly declared that ObamaCare is the law of the land and must be followed. What they were really saying is that only part of the law must be followed, as in the part that doesn’t screw with the ruling class, and the part that keeps the business community, aka, the wellspring of political campaign contributions, relatively assuaged until the 2014 election is over.

If all of this sounds like the Orwellian idea that “some animals are more equal than others,” it’s because that’s precisely what it is.

I think it’s time the American public gave Congress and the Obama administration a taste of their own medicine, so to speak. Thus I am presenting a simple slogan, that embodies the very same kind of large-scale civil disobedience that progressives cherished during the Vietnam War. To wit:

Don’t sign, don’t pay the fine.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/58718?utm_source=CFP+M...

Views: 1537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Obama care is another tax and unconstitutional. Don't sign and Don't pay should be the sound heard around the country

Amen!

I Agree

Don't sign what?

Obamo-what. sorry, no understand. I'm from The United States of America. I don't know a foreign language.

HERE IS THE LATEST WORD FROM THE OBLAMEA PROPAGANDA machine. One of the regime's minions was on cspan several minutes ago.  When asked "Who is responsible for the oblameacare website massive malfunctions, he said this:" The people who were responsible for the government shutdown (Translation Ted Cruz and the Tea Party people.) This genius equated the problems on the website with the govenment "shutdown".  A REALLY LAMEASS SADSACK ANALOGY, that there wasn't enough money to fix it. Look at the price tag before the regime even rolled it out on the American People, and the knucklehead said that there wasn't enough money spent to fix it.  Another minion got up and made reference to "Medicare PartD"  saying that the Seniors hated it at first, and after the "glitches" were worked out they like it now.  Yea, but these people didn't lose their coverage on account of Medicare Part D or get a 50 plus percent increase in copays and monthly premiums.

Haven't the Demonrats pinned it on Bush yet?  Maybe they can blame Palin, Cruz or Lee!

I haven't even looked at the website, and I don't plan on it either. It's a waste of bandwidth.

Hello, I have NO intention of signing or paying. I am a New member of the t-party and am trying with all my heart to get a local chapter started in Decatur, In.  WE must WAKE AMERICAN'S up and get them involved. The time has come and gone were as American's we just set back and think our freedom's are safe. If you can help me start up a local chapter PLEASE let me know how. @ stouderc@yahoo.com.  I am very passionate about my Freedom, my Country and everything for which it stands. God is my director and, my family is my moral compass. We must fight back. And not a min. to soon. PLEASE help me get this off the ground. I will build a chapter that is pro-active and not reactive. God Bless, Christian Stouder

God speed, I'm in PA, (voted worst in America for personal freedom). I'm intrenched in a land that I don't know anymore. If I can help you. call on me. your not alone anymore.

I plan to not sign anything to do with Obamacare, and I won't pay any fines, either!  But when I get that first notice to pay a fine, I will be closing my bank account, as inconvenient as that may be.

There is a clause in the Obamacare law that authorizes the government not only to have access to my bank account, but to take out  funds as necessary.  If I close my bank account, and don't own anything substantial, I don't think there will be anything they can do.

I have read that somebody said they could only take the owed money by deducting it from a tax refund (if any was due), and that was the only option they had . . . but I remain unconvinced.  Obama is a natural born thief and liar, and I cannot believe that he would not prepare for an eventual desire by the American people to refuse to pay a fine, and leave himself no options for getting his hands on somebody else's money if he wanted to.

Read the countless new housing edits from this discrimination. (opp's, misspell, NOT) administration. our ancient laws of eminent domain are being twisted in order to take our property without due course. I've emptied my bank accounts and invested in real estate. That won't stop them. I personally will defend my property from any trespassers. no matter who! 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

OMG!!! Ruth Bader Ginsburg Voted Best Real-Life Hero At MTV Awards

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Monday was crowned the best real-life hero at the MTV Movie & TV Awards.

The 86-year old judge — whose 2015 biopic The Notorious RBG help cement her as a cultural icon among Liberals — beat out tennis star Serena Williams, WWE wrestler Roman Reigns, and comedian Hannah Gadsby to take him the award.

Though it wasn’t a clean sweep for Ginsburg last night.

The RGB documentary lost the “Best Fight” category for “Ruth Bader Ginsburg vs. Inequality” to “Captain Marvel vs. Minn-Erva.”

The justice was absent from the ceremony in Santa Monica, California.

Last December, Ginsburg had surgery to remove cancerous growths on her left lung. She was released from the hospital in New York four days later and recuperated at home.

Earlier this year, Ginsburg missed three days of arguments, the first time that’s happened since she joined the court in 1993. Still, she was allowed to participate using court briefs and transcripts.

Ginsburg has had two previous bouts with cancer, in 1999 and 10 years later.

Flashback: Ruth Bader Ginsburg: A Pregnant Woman Is Not A ‘Mother’

Celebrated liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg argued in an opinion released Tuesday that a pregnant woman is not a “mother.”

“[A] woman who exercises her constitutionally protected right to terminate a pregnancy is not a ‘mother’,” Ginsburg wrote in a footnote, which in turn responded to another footnote in the 20-page concurring opinion by Justice Clarence Thomas in the Box v. Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky Inc. case.

As Breitbart News’ legal editor Ken Klukowski reported, the case concerned a law signed by then-Governor (now Vice President) Mike Pence of Indiana in 2016, which required that the remains of an aborted fetus (or baby) be disposed of by cremation or burial. The law also prohibited abortion on the basis of sex, race, or disability alone.

The Court upheld the first part of the law, but declined to consider the selective-abortion ban until more appellate courts had ruled on it.

In his lengthy opinion — which delighted pro-life advocates, and distressed pro-choice activists — Thomas wrote that “this law and other laws like it promote a State’s compelling interest in preventing abortion from becoming a tool of modern-day eugenics.” He traced the racist and eugenicist beliefs of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, and warned that the Court would one day need to wrestle with abortion as form of racial discrimination.

In a footnote, Thomas attacked Ginsberg’s dissenting opinion, which argued the Court should not have deferred to the legal standard used by the litigants in the lower courts, but should have subjected the Indiana law to a more difficult standard instead, since it impacted “the right of [a] woman” to an abortion.

Ginsburg cited no legal authority for her claim that a pregnant woman is not a “mother.” The claim that a fetus is not a child is central to pro-choice arguments.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service