Did The United Nations Just Call For The Decriminalization Of All Drugs?

News circulated Monday morning that the United Nations had officially called for the decriminalization of all drugs in a brief, two-page report. Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin, hinted on Sunday that the announcement would be made, but by Monday morning, the U.N. announced it had no such intention and that the document merely reflected the author’s opinion. Even so, the BBC and Branson himself suggest the document was withdrawn following resistance from at least one country.

As Richard Branson wrote in a blog post before the official release of the report:

In an as-yet unreleased statement circulated to the BBC, myself and others, the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), which has shaped much of global drug policy for decades, call on governments around the world to decriminalise drug use and possession for personal consumption for all drugs.”

The report was to be released at an international harm reduction conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Branson continued:

It’s exciting that the UNODC has now unequivocally stated that criminalisation is harmful, unnecessary and disproportionate, echoing concerns about the immense human and economic costs of current drug policies voiced earlier by UNAIDS, the World Health Organisation, UNDP, The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN Women, Kofi Annan and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.”

However, Branson, a long-time opponent of the Drug War, wrote that as he drafted his blog post, the briefing had already drawn harsh opposition. “But as I’m writing this,” he said, “I am hearing that at least one government is putting an inordinate amount of pressure on the UNODC.”

He concluded:

Let us hope the UNODC, a global organisation that is part of the UN and supposed to do what is right for the people of the world, does not do a remarkable volte-face at the last possible moment and bow to pressure by not going ahead with this important move.”

By Monday, the U.N. had disputed Branson’s announcement of the document. The briefing paper on decriminalisation mentioned in many of today’s media reports, and intended for dissemination and discussion at a conference in Kuala Lumpur, is neither a final nor formal document … and cannot be read as a statement of UNODC policy,” a spokesperson announced.

read more:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-20/did-united-nations-just-ca...

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would not be surprised. And look how many will walk away from prisons. 

Just as George Soros and his progressive pawns (i.e. Democrats) have been wanting.  Time to kick the UN back to the third-world sheethole it represents.

ANYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY EVER TAKE AN OATH TO SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE UNITED NATIONS?

none of them did. Their oath was to defend America. Maybe they forgot. 

The biggest drug dealers in America is the AMA. Our medical care is really disease care. The truth is its called reductionism, that's why there are so many types of Doctors each one treats a special disease. Rather then treating the entire body. There trained to use drugs to fix the problem, the only thing is 99 % of the time it don't work and the person then need the next step or different doctor for another problem. Over 400,000 people die every year from mistakes by doctors giving drugs. Remember 58,307 names are on the Vietnam Wall and that's the war that divided America and that was over a 10 year span.

I am not permitted to just blast the information because the technology I am now using while  classified as FDA Class 1,  the Class 2 designation is in process  and a lot of on line exposure could affect that. When I learned of this I could see prescription medication would no longer be needed as they are today. I can share information with those who request it and I am happy to do so. 

OK, let's administer a large dose of 100% pure heroin to every junkie. It will cut down the junkies; they'll  all be dead. with needles in their arms.. Next the meth heads. Throw a free meth party in a padded room, and every one is issued knives. there's a pile of meth on a table, but wants it all?

The lessons learned from prohibition are clear. Drugs currently classified as illegal should be legal and regulated. While we are at it legalize and regulate prostitution. Both drugs and prostitution would be safer We would have revenue contributing businesses that are safer and eliminate most of the cost of enforcement which has never been shown to work - ever. 

Not to mention exploitation of our school children that are recruited and sold every drug known to man. Legalization would reduce the strain on every part of society and the people who are strung out are going to be strung out anyway. I apologize to pharmacists, but all drugs should be legal, including meth and heroin and just let the drugies kill themselves off and mothers buy the antibiotics for their children's strep throat without a costly doctors visit.
Grow pot here, more jobs. Make meth here, more jobs. Put the Mexican drug cartels out of business. Drugs for Americans are killing Mexicans because of gangs and corrupt government.
Steve,
I have a question, what drug has ever healed Cancer, Heart problems, diabetics, MS or any other health problems. The FDA is being paid by Big Pharmic. Treating disease is worth Billions healing isn't profitable. Our country is being broken by the health providers. Our elders are the ones who paid into our system, and there being cut out of care. Doctors tell people they don't need vitamins or minerals and that's what the body is made of along with Protein and fats, and water. But we don't need that. Who's really being Lied too and it's all about Money! I'm 63 been taking supplements for 40 years I'm drug free I'm not taking anything and I'm healthy and most people my age are on 4-6 Meds or drugs. And are not healthy, I live in the mountains and I walk up and down the Mountain and back everyday. I'm sad to see my friend sick and dieing from the drugs Doctors place them on. When will the people wake up in America. If anyone is willing to watch a YouTube film try Hells Kitchen by a Dr. J Wallach. There is truth out there if your looking. We have to take care of our own health, we are the only ones who profit that way.

Don't you folks get it, the legalizing of pot in those few states are just test beds for national legalizing of all illegal and regulated drugs. They have tried everything else to either make a butt load of tax money and allowing people to legally sell this crap. I may be wrong but in the next 10-15 years illegal drugs will be sold just like alcohol.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Gary VarvelPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

SICK: Leprosy On The Rise In Los Angeles 

Ahh, the joys of open borders and Democrat leadership.

California is not just a public toilet but now there is evidence that leprosy is on the rise in Los Angeles County.

Barack Obama changed US law in 2016 and allowed immigrants with blistering STDs and leprosy to migrate to the US.

Medscape reported:

Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is rarely seen in the United States, but cases continue to emerge in Los Angeles County, a new report says.

“Hansen’s disease still exists, and we need to educate medical students and physicians,” coauthor Dr. Maria Teresa Ochoa from Keck Medical Center of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, told Reuters Health by email.

Dr. Ochoa and colleagues identified 187 patients with the disease in a review of medical records from their leprosy clinic spanning 1973 to 2018. Most patients were Latino, originating from Mexico, and they experienced a median delay in diagnosis of more than three years, the team reports JAMA Dermatology, online August 7.

Multibacillary leprosy (MB) cases outnumbered paucibacillary leprosy (PB) cases by nearly eight to one (88.6% vs. 11.4%, respectively), and Latino patients were more likely than non-Latino patients to have MB, as were patients from Central or South America (versus other regions).

Most patients (80.7%) received multidrug therapy, and most (92.6%) received antibiotics for more than two years, especially if they had MB.

Only about half of patients (56.7%) had World Health Organization (WHO) grade 0 disability (no signs or symptoms suggestive of leprosy or disability) at the one-year follow-up, whereas 16.0% had grade 1 disability (loss of protective sensation) and 26.2% had grade 2 disability (visible deformity) at the last follow-up.

Among the patients who lost protective sensation, 87.7% (50/57) did not regain it following therapy.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service