As the financial crisis jolted the nation in September, Senator Charles E. Schumer was consumed. He traded telephone calls with bankers, then became one of the first officials to promote a Wall Street bailout. He spent hours in closed-door briefings and a weekend helping Congressional leaders nail down details of the $700 billion rescue package.

The next day, Mr. Schumer appeared at a breakfast fund-raiser in Midtown Manhattan for Senate Democrats. Addressing Henry R. Kravis, the buyout billionaire, and about 20 other finance industry executives, he warned that a bailout would be a hard sell on Capitol Hill. Then he offered some reassurance: The businessmen could count on the Democrats to help steer the nation through the financial turmoil.

“We are not going to be a bunch of crazy, anti-business liberals,” one executive said, summarizing Mr. Schumer’s remarks. “We are going to be effective, moderate advocates for sound economic policies, good responsible stewards you can trust.”

The message clearly resonated. The next week, executives at firms represented at the breakfast sent in more than $135,000 in campaign donations.

He succeeded in limiting efforts to regulate credit-rating agencies, for example, sponsored legislation that cut fees paid by Wall Street firms to finance government oversight, pushed to allow banks to have lower capital reserves and called for the revision of regulations to make corporations’ balance sheets more transparent.

At times in Congress, Mr. Schumer has teamed up with Republicans, like former Senator Phil Gramm of Texas, who aggressively promoted a free-market agenda. Mr. Schumer pushed for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley law, passed in November 1999, which knocked down the walls between investment banks and commercial banks and allowed financial supermarkets to flourish.The law also weakened regulatory oversight by fracturing it among different agencies.

– From The New York Times article: A Champion of Wall Street Reaps Benefits

Great way to start off the new year for the Democrats. New Senate Minority leader, and Wall Street mega-defender, Chuck Schumer just went on Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show and warned Donald Trump that U.S. intelligence agencies could retaliate against him for disagreeing with their claims (based on no public evidence thus far) that Russia hacked the DNC/John Podesta and released it to Wikileaks with the intent of helping Trump win the election.

Here’s what he said courtesy of The Washington Examiner:

The new leader of Democrats in the Senate says Donald Trump is being “really dumb” for picking a fight with intelligence officials, suggesting they have ways to strike back, after the president-elect speculated Tuesday that his “so-called” briefing about Russian cyberattacks had been delayed in order to build a case.

“Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Tuesday evening on MSNBC after host Rachel Maddow informed him that intelligence sources told NBC news that the briefing had not been delayed.

read more:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-04/did-chuck-schumer-just-thr...

Views: 806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That wimp faced piece of crap does not no any better

What most people as well as all of the media is that Senator Chuck Schumer, Senator Michael Bennett, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Senator Jeff Merkely, Senator Tom Udall, Senator Jeanne Shaheen, wrote a letter to the Director of the IRS, in March of 2012, stating that The Tea Party Movement and other conservative groups were illegally taxing tax deductible donations from large conservative donors and unless action was taken made a thinly veiled threat to put forth legislation against the IRS if they did not go after them.  This was the reason why and how the Democrat Party "influenced" the IRS to go after most of the large Republican Donors, Conservative groups, and especially The Tea Party Movement threatening them with IRS audits, extensive unlawful questions, and exposure of donations publicly which most people do not want.  This rigged the 2012 Presidential election and gave it to the Democrats and Obama for a second term.  As was shown it had little effect on State and local elections as they do not rely on large donors.  I know this for a fact when the Tea Party Group that I had been a part of for almost three years suddenly went away, showing the threats worked.  We could not understand how Romney lost until this surfaced.  So now the DNC is claiming that THEY lost this last election because the "Russians" rigged it.  Now that is wild, but the DNC always accuses others of things that they do.  Schumer, Reid, and Franken need to be impeached, period, because they are the snakes of the swamp!

Schumer's got friends in low places! Watch out everybody, the head clown has exited the clown car.. 

A threat against the POTUS carries a 2 year minimum, lock him up...

Chucky reminds me of a mouse crawling up a elephants leg with rape on his mind, that's how effective Chucky is going to be!

Look.  The truth is it was the Haters, like Schumer, Hillary and Barry Soetoro and their pals in the NAACP and ACLU that got all the "hate crimes" legislation enacted, e.g., they hate us so they naturally assume we hate them...  The kind of hate Schumer shows is indicative of the Left in the US in general and my only prayer is that Trump lives long enough (the Left is really extraordinarily hateful bunch and it wouldn't take much for some of their in-house thugs to switch assignments and go after Trump--I imagine there are a few already signing up for the detail).

By the way, anyone know whatever happened to the Iraqi-national, woman that was an "aid" to Barry at the time Brightbart bit the big one?  Lots of those running around too.

I'm always flabbergasted by people who do not get their way, so they fall to the ground kick their feet, scream and cry as if someone in this case gives a shet what they think, or what they want.  Schumer is an old cry baby who should take his Communist membership card, shove it up his rear for safe keeping if he like, but get  the Hell out of our congress.

Mr. Trump may have won the election but unlike you F-en Democrats we the Real Americans are no longer, and will  never allow the likes of a phony illegal to infiltrate our government again. You Bastard Democrats think you got away with all your Muslim brotherhood and Communist allies threatening to overthrow our Constitutional Republic, is something that will never be forgotten, by me and millions like me who served this country, and have watched while you bastard stood behind the illegal fricken phony Barry sotoroe aka Obozo the clown, who by the way isn't worth a damn. 

You old grey haired bastards stood by as he destroyed our country, and you stood by and watched, we know who you are, and I for one will fight with all i got and for as long as it takes, to Restore the country I was born in and will die defending if I have to.    Before any of US are shoved into FEMA camps or forced to surrender our weapons, you can bet, that the actions of the BLM and the Dogs you sent to try and quiet US down, will be no match, you disgraceful treasonous bastards better be looking over your shoulders every day, because we will not go quietly, Your Days Are Over.

Thumbs up to you Joe Sanchez. There are millions of us who think the same way you do.
Chuck Schumer is, and always has been nothing more than a sleezy politician. Makes one wonder about the type of people who continue to keep him in office?

CHARLIE SCHMOONER, THE SHIT-HEAD THAT HE IS, IS DOING HIS BEST TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK LIKE THE ASSININE MORON THAT HE IS.  TRUMP IS GOING TO EAT HIS LUNCH VERY SOON! 

Chucky is an A.H. The most loathsome Americans that I know of are of his ilk. I think President Trump will neuter this Wiener.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Mike LesterPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Pat Cross

ALERT ALERT

New York's Green Light Law - Allows Illegal Aliens To Get Driver’s Licenses

New York passed a law to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses earlier this year but it was held up by challenges.

Now it is set to take effect this week.

In typical leftist fashion, supporters claim this is going to somehow make New York’s roads safer for everyone.

Could it really be about voting?

FOX News reports:

Illegal immigrants to be able to get driver’s licenses in NY after legal challenge fails.

Illegal immigrants in New York will able to obtain driver’s licenses starting next week after a last-minute legal challenge was dismissed — making it the 13th state to allow the practice, but one that critics say is unconstitutional.

The Green Light Law, signed by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this year, allows anyone to apply for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status and does not require a Social Security number.

Illegal immigrants can use a combination of documents that include a valid passport from a foreign country and a valid foreign driver’s license, as long as it has been expired for less than two years.

“After waiting 18 years to have their right to drive restored, thanks to our legislature, New York can now officially join 12 other states in making driver’s licenses legally available to all residents,” New York Immigration Coalition Executive Director Steve Choi said in a statement this week, arguing that it will make roads safer and the economy stronger.

County clerks in New York have concerns and are sounding an alarm.

CBS News in Albany reports:

County clerks concerned by loopholes in Green Light law.

Undocumented immigrants now have the green light to get a driver’s license in New York…but several county clerks in the Capital Region are concerned.

Saratoga County Clerk Craig Hayner said, “We found that everything we were concerned about as far as fraud and all sorts of other things are in that bill, in that regulation and we’re very concerned.”

Hayner tells CBS6’s Lynsey Smith there are a few loopholes in the Green Light Law.

Loopholes, such as a person coming in to get their license and not having to provide their social security number.

“That could lead to criminals coming from other states, coming in and use that as a way to defraud by just simply saying they don’t have a social security number…and that’s a very dangerous loophole,” replied Hayner.

Does anyone believe this is going to make New York safer or that this is really about driving?

Delusional Democrats

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service