Dems Try to Kill Funding for Schools with Native American Mascots

Political correctness is apparently more important than educating children. At least that’s the message I take away from a Colorado Democrat’s plan to defund schools that have “unauthorized” mascots. Wielding the self-righteous tomahawk of political correctness, Democrat Joe Salazar has decided to leverage Colorado’s pawns kids as a bargaining chip in his effort to rid the world of “offensive” Native American mascots.

Under the Thornton legislator’s plan, schools will be required to seek permission from Native American tribes for their western-themed mascots, or go without any state funding. (On the bright side, I can now honestly say I’ve seen a Democrat propose a substantial cut to the state’s education spending.) Glossing over the fact that mascots are rarely chosen through malice (after all, no one is asking to use Salazar as a mascot), deciding to strip all K-12 funding because of a team name seems a little draconian.

Salazar has defended his school de-funding program, claiming it is necessary for an inclusive, and sensitive, public policy agenda. After all, we can’t have schools going around naming their teams after some noble piece of Western heritage… I mean, there’s a possibility that someone might get offended, right? Don’t we all have the right to never be offended? Isn’t that listed somewhere in the Bill of Rights, or something? (Seriously, I will pay handsomely for an effective sarcasm font.)

“Legislation doesn’t really change attitudes. Instead it changes behavior,”Salazar said. “You want to continue using your racist and your stereotypical imagery? Then we don’t have to fund that.”

Ok. I get it, Joe. Everyone’s racist (except you, apparently). But thank heavens you’re here to pull funding from our children’s schools because of some misguided belief that any mention of Native Americans is likely derogatory; that should straighten us out real quick.

read more:

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/michaelschaus/2014/09/12/dem...

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just godda say is this is goddam awesome to us over in the UK. i will post onto my facebook page if anyone is interested.don't bother checkin there is no one out there remotely interested in anything other than political correctness in the UK except for Me and I am one of a few of spiritually aware people as are the American Native People.  

we still have our guns - if SHTF we'll be there for you guys. 

Great news, keep 'em comin'  Thanks for this.

another attempt to erase the memories of our country's past and the beauty of a people who have always been one of the greatest symbols of strength in this world.  Sad if they succeed.

Democrat elects are control freaks. We all note that if something is not screwed up they will find a way to do it! If it looks like it gives freedom of choice, excluding the killing of children, they are against it. Just another attack on American rights and our freedoms!

Of course, there is a way for schools to keep their vital funding, and their apparently racist mascot: They have to ask permission from potentially afflicted parties. In other words, all Native American mascots will be considered offensive, obtuse, racist, and cartoonish… Oh, unless you have a permission slip. Then, I guess, we can continue to expose our kids to an otherwise “demeaning” team nickname.

Appearing on the Dan Caplis Show (710 KNUS), Salazar again defended his plan to kick kids out of school if their administrators don’t get hip with political correctness. Heck, he even tried to blame the schools in the event that some administrators decide to keep their traditionally honored mascots:

“Is the school willing to not educate these kids by continuing the use of derogatory, or discriminatory imagery of Native Americans?”

Caplis was quick to point out that despite Salazar’s extortionist tone, in the end there is only one reason such a school might lose funding: Because Salazar feels like imposing his brand of social justice by holding education hostage.

“There are people out there who still reside in the world of ignorance” Salazar justified.

Yeah, there is a whole demographic of ignorant people wandering around the nation. And they’re called “Progressives”. Defunding a child’s education, because his school dares to cling to an image of Western history that may (or may not) offend someone, isn’t exactly being “enlightened.” I mean, are we really living in a world where it will soon be illegal to accidently offend anyone?

Because, if that’s the case, I think you’re quickly making a criminal out of yourself, Mr. Salazar.

Should kill all funding and eliminate the Department of Education. THe education has gone to hell since Carter established the Department of Education 30 years ago. Before he created the Dept of Ed the United States had the #1 ranking in Education and now thirty years later they are ranked 20th. Get rid of the dept of ed and the funding and allow the states to rule their own schools the way they want to versus having Obama's wife (MooShell) making decisions on what they can eat.... very stupid ...These guys cannot even balance the budget!!! Allowing Mooshell a say about what foods they should eat in Alabama or the Federal Gov peoople that cannot even protect the border try to manage the School system in Oklahome or California and Mississippi!!!!  We are idiots for allowing this to continue!!!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Mike LesterPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Pat Cross

ALERT ALERT

New York's Green Light Law - Allows Illegal Aliens To Get Driver’s Licenses

New York passed a law to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses earlier this year but it was held up by challenges.

Now it is set to take effect this week.

In typical leftist fashion, supporters claim this is going to somehow make New York’s roads safer for everyone.

Could it really be about voting?

FOX News reports:

Illegal immigrants to be able to get driver’s licenses in NY after legal challenge fails.

Illegal immigrants in New York will able to obtain driver’s licenses starting next week after a last-minute legal challenge was dismissed — making it the 13th state to allow the practice, but one that critics say is unconstitutional.

The Green Light Law, signed by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this year, allows anyone to apply for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status and does not require a Social Security number.

Illegal immigrants can use a combination of documents that include a valid passport from a foreign country and a valid foreign driver’s license, as long as it has been expired for less than two years.

“After waiting 18 years to have their right to drive restored, thanks to our legislature, New York can now officially join 12 other states in making driver’s licenses legally available to all residents,” New York Immigration Coalition Executive Director Steve Choi said in a statement this week, arguing that it will make roads safer and the economy stronger.

County clerks in New York have concerns and are sounding an alarm.

CBS News in Albany reports:

County clerks concerned by loopholes in Green Light law.

Undocumented immigrants now have the green light to get a driver’s license in New York…but several county clerks in the Capital Region are concerned.

Saratoga County Clerk Craig Hayner said, “We found that everything we were concerned about as far as fraud and all sorts of other things are in that bill, in that regulation and we’re very concerned.”

Hayner tells CBS6’s Lynsey Smith there are a few loopholes in the Green Light Law.

Loopholes, such as a person coming in to get their license and not having to provide their social security number.

“That could lead to criminals coming from other states, coming in and use that as a way to defraud by just simply saying they don’t have a social security number…and that’s a very dangerous loophole,” replied Hayner.

Does anyone believe this is going to make New York safer or that this is really about driving?

Delusional Democrats

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service