Dem: Rejecting Iran deal would be 'absolute blow' to presidential legitimacy

Sen. Chris Murphy is warning that a congressional rejection of the Iran nuclear deal would be an “absolute blow” to presidential legitimacy on the world stage for years to come.

“This would be an absolute blow to the legitimacy of this president, and of any president to negotiate a diplomatic agreement,” the Connecticut Democrat said Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“This is an exceptional moment where you have the United States, our European partners, Russia and China all agreeing on a path forward, and if the United States congress was to override that, I don’t know how any president in the future can ever sit across our allies and adversaries and negotiate a deal.”

Murphy chided Republicans for a “casualness of opposition” given those consequences and questioned whether the party believes in diplomacy.

“Republicans in Congress just simply don’t believe in the legitimacy of diplomacy as a tool in the toolkit of the American president,” he said.

“They do zero oversight on our war we are fighting right now against ISIS, military engagement in the Middle East, but they do oodles of oversight on a diplomatic agreement with Iran.”

Lawmakers are just beginning what’s likely to be a polarized debate over the controversial nuclear deal. Congress has the power to reject the deal, but that would have to overcome a presidential veto—so two-thirds of Congress would have to band together against it.

read more:

http://thehill.com/policy/international/248148-dem-rejecting-iran-d...

Views: 397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be ashamed to be even domiciled in Connecticut with morons like this Murphy character and Richard (I lied about being in 'Nam) Blumenthal getting elected.

always about the party... never about the country. The sad reality in both directions, and it's killing us.

Absolutely, Who the hell cares about his legitimacy or his frickin legacy? We're talking nuclear war initiated by a crazed unstable leader. If this the way the democrats are going to look at this, then it's time for a million man revolution to oust these dimwits and their insane and asinine policies.

SO THIS DEAL SHOULD BE EXCEPTED BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A BLOW TO OBAMA PRESIDENCY OR LEGACY !!  WHAT A REASON TO PUT THE WORLD IN JEOPARDY OR ISRAEL !!   THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE PUSHING THIS WILL DO OR SAY ANYTHING TO GET WHAT THEY WANT !!!!  NO ! NO ! TO ALL OF THIS !!  THEIR WORKING TOWARDS SOMETHING WHICH IS GOING TO HURT THE WORLD !!  {  OBAMA AND HIS CONTROLERS !!!!!  }   NOT GOOD FOR THE USA !!!!

What legitimacy?  He can't even prove he's an American citizen.  

Amen...!!!

Amen and absolutely!

why would anyone, with any sensibility about them whatsoever, entertain the idea of supporting some deal, in the guise of a great treaty, with a terrorist entity openly sworn to destroy you while being represented by a supporter (if not an actual card carrying member) of Islam and his sec. of state who is a known anti-American champion for that which will ruin our sovereignty as a free people?

Why?

The answer, of course, is they would not.

Terrorism is defeated only by confronting it, and destroying the ability of terrorist to terrorize. In other words, kill the bastards.

The deal with Iran should have been " you have one week to stop funding and promoting terrorist groups and to destroy your nuclear capability. One short week. If you do not comply we will destroy you. The clock starts now, so get your sorry ass in gear."

Yet this idiot, Murphy, is concerned about future presidents making future deals with future enemies and world opinion, as in U.N. opinion. And this wet-end is a U.S. Senator!

This is an example of our leadership?

Everyday the United States should announce its intent to wipe Iran from the face of the earth. This is what they say about us and Israel, is it not?

The Demorats and the rhinos ar ignorant.  Any deal with Iran is stupidity, the stupid jungle bunny in the WH is so stupid.  As soon as sanctions are lifted, Iran will turn against us.  They did it once they will do it again.   Every politician is a traitor, letting this stupid half jungle bunny do what he wants.  The best thing this country needs is a coup, all americans pick up their arms and storm DC.  I pray that no prisoners will be taken.  If this happens I will join the fight against this traitorous government..  The constitution gives us the right to bear arms against foreign or domestic enemies.  The worst enemy this country has is our own government.  I think it we need to get rid of all the politicians and have new ones put in place.  And get rid of all the worthless government employees that have been hired to do the jobs our senators and Representatives have gotten to lazy to do themselves.   I gladly fly my confederate flag also.   It represents a part of this country's history.  Too many idiots don't realize that history is taught to hopefully learn not to do the same mistake twice.  The half jungle bunny in the WH as gotten to many people brainwashed as hitler did.  This country has more stupid and ignorant people in it then it had in it's whole history.  No one won't do anything to Obama because he is half black and if they try it would be considered racist.  I don't care what anybody says but this half jungle bunny and his wife are  the most racist and everybody is afraid of this.  This country is slowly being destroyed and it's because of the racism this jungle bunny is spreading around.   This is just comments just to show that Our idiot in the WH has said more racist remarks then what I put here.  Don't complain about my comments until you start complaining about the racism obummer has caused and the blacks are to stupid to realize that it is mostly against them.

You already know that if the deal was made by Obama the Kenyan muslim and Kerry who lied about his days and fellow soldiers in Vietnam that the deal would be no 'deal' for the US. Liberals like Kerry only have their own ego in mind and Obama has a very sinister covert plan to destroy the US as we know it. Oh I forgot it is called hope and change! What a joke! Wake up Chris Murphy we have no presidential legitimacy anywhere in the world. Obama has pushed away our allies and emboldened our enemies; no one respects him and that includes most Americans!

Anna, he has rendered the USA a toothless lion.

well we have a illegal illegitimate wanna be president who is a muslim commie half breed so what difference does it make, as the bitch hillary would say

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Angry Dem Impeachment ‘Witness’: Pam Karlan Donated Thousands To Hillary And Was On Clinton’s List For Potential SCOTUS Nomination

Image result for Pam Karlan

The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, kicked off its first impeachment circus Wednesday morning.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

One of the witnesses the Dems rolled out is an angry Hillary Clinton donor who was on Crooked’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

No wonder why this unhinged, dowdy woman is so pissed off!

“Professor Pam Karlan donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination. So she certainly has no vendetta against President Trump,” GOP Rep. Mark Walker said.

Congressman Walker also pointed out that Noah Feldman, the Dems first partisan witness in Wednesday’s hearing tweeted about impeaching Trump right after he was sworn in.

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

Meet Noah Feldman, House Democrats first partisan witness.

Look at the date of this tweet. He has been trying to get @realDonaldTrump impeached since 46 days into his presidency.

His reason? Trump criticized President Obama.

This is a sham impeachment with sham witnesses. https://twitter.com/NoahRFeldman/status/839185127494254592 

Noah Feldman @NoahRFeldman

Trump's wiretap tweets raise risk of impeachment http://bv.ms/2mY1ueX  via @BV

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

The next witness, Karlan, has donated thousands to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

So she certainly has no vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

These witnesses are as serious as House Democrats impeachment case: not at all.

The entire sham show trial is stacked with partisan hacks who have wanted to impeach Trump from the moment he won in November of 2016.

Norm Eisen, the Democrats’ counsel who is blasting Trump and questioning witnesses in Wednesday’s show trial, tweeted about impeaching Trump before Donald Trump was even sworn into office!

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service