Debunking the polling on Obama's Executive Amnesty

Debunking the polling on Obama's Executive Amnesty

Two polls came out earlier this week showing strong support for the Obama Administration's plan to offer an amnesty to at least 1.4 million people. While the polls from Bloomberg and Rasmussen show 64% and 71%, respectively, support the plan, the results were very misleading. During our Thursday webcast, Roy and I took a closer look at these two polls, and here's what we found.

The Bloomberg poll asked 734 likely voters whether they supported Pres. Obama's plan to halt deportations of individuals who were brought into the country before they were 16; are in school, have a high school diploma or were honorably discharged from the military; and have no criminal record. While 64% of respondents said they support the policy, the question never mentioned that the individuals can be up to 30 years old and would get work permits even though more than 6 million Americans the same age with only a high school degree can't find a full-time job or have given up their job search.

The poll also states "no criminal record" while the actual policy only requires no "significant misdemeanors". Responses to other questions in the poll reveal other major flaws; Roy and I discussed all of this during our webcast. (Watch a replay at http://www.NumbersUSA.tv.)

The Rasmussen Poll asked 1,000 likely voters if they support giving work permits to illegal aliens who were brought here before the age of 16. But, like the Bloomberg poll, the question misled respondents by stating "no criminal record". A staggering 71% said they supported work permits for illegal aliens, BUT the poll question gave respondents only two choices -- work permits or deportation. Again, there were several other flaws with this poll that Roy and I discussed in the webcast.

The GOP Senate Leadership isn't taking the Administration's move lightly. Earlier this week, 20 Senators led by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley sent a letter to the President asking for answers. The Senators asked for documentation on the legal basis for the new policy, how much implementation and execution of the policy could cost taxpayers, and how they would handle specific scenarios that aren't addressed by the announced policy.

For instance, the written policy only refers to individuals who "came to the United States under the age of sixteen", but supporters of the policy continuously talk about individuals who were brought here "by their parents". So David North from the Center for Immigration Studies decided to call the hotline set up by the Administration to ask for clarification. What did David find? Six different responses from six different operators, and most of the six weren't very confident with their answers.

As Roy said during the webcast, NumbersUSA will continue to stay out on front on this issue. If one or more of your Members of Congress serve on the Senate or House Appropriations Committees, we've posted brand new faxes on your Action Board. There's an amendment to the House version of the DHS Appropriations bill that prevents the Administration from using deferred action or prosecutorial discretion, and we need the appropriators to keep that clause in the bill! We're also urging support of Rep. Lamar Smith's HALT Act (H.R.2497) that would suspend the Administration's authority to issue an Executive Amnesty. Please check your Action Board and stay tuned for more updates!

Views: 601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Polling 16 yr olds???? Like they really know?? And the two choices of the questions that were asked, its unbelievable!!!!! Sick Sick Adminstration!!!!

Figures don't lie but liars can figure. I've seen too much manipulation of statisitcs in my life to believe any poll.

does this mean we can deport obama, or not deport him.....i am pretty sure he can be a great leader in kenya, and he would not have to worry about the black vote.

What an idiotic move by the Gangsta.

If ilegals under 30 are given permits to stay and work etc, what's going to happen to the parents or brothers and sisters of those over the age of 30; will they be allowed to stay or will they be exposed to ICE the immigration POPOS? when they find out that they can stay but the rest of their family will be deported, or are they going to be on the run?

This is going to hurt all immigrants by tearing thousands of families apart anyways, just to get their vote. Obama is using the immigration situation as an apparent solution that is nothing more than another broken promise of hope and change, that will surely bring a disastrous change to the lives of people tricked to expect hope. Need to wake up. He fooled us once shame on him. If he fools us twice, SHAME ON US.

"the question never mentioned that the individuals can be up to 30 years old and would get work permits even though more than 6 million Americans the same age with only a high school degree can't find a full-time job or have given up their job search."   Amnesty for illegals...How do you like that "American Citizens" look what Obama is doing for you.

The liarinchief has told so many lies that his nose has grown 1000 miles since he has been in office.What I want to know is just whos gonna check all of the illegals?Whos gonna determine what and who is elgible to come to America.Well I guess up to the age of sixteen to thrity there are several million thats in America right now that fits that quoto and thousands more each day come here who falls into that scheme.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service