DACA Immigrant Youth Conduct Lobbying Blitz for the Dream Act — Visit 80 House Republican Offices in One Day!

dreamer

Say: “Our Lives Are In Danger, Reject the Anti-Immigrant Plans Being Pushed by Trump and Goodlatte — We Need the Dream Act Now!”

Washington, DC – Today, 150 immigrant youth from across the country took to Capitol Hill to visit the offices of Republicans in the House of Representatives.

When Trump killed DACA, he put the lives of millions of young people in immediate danger. Since then, over 17,000 have lost their protections from deportation and over 850 more become vulnerable to deportation agents every week. All told, millions today, who would qualify for the Dream Act have no protection from deportation today.

Now, Trump is holding the lives of these immigrant youth hostage unless the nation accepts their white supremacist plan to deport more immigrants, eliminate family based immigration and create barriers to keep many Black and brown immigrants out.

The young leaders of United We Dream visited many House Republicans to urge them to reject the Trump plan and pass a narrow and focused solution with wide bipartisan support: the Dream Act. The bill would create a pathway to citizenship for immigrant youth without hurting other immigrants.

See photos on United We Dream’s Twitter.

Immigrant youth from states like Florida, Oregon, New York, Arizona, Kentucky, Texas, Minnesota, Oklahoma, California, Tennessee, Idaho and more visited the offices of Representatives such as Mimi Walters (CA-45), Michael Simpson (ID-2), Erik Paulsen (MN-3), Ed Royce (CA-39), Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48), Darrell Issa (CA-49), Daniel Donovan (NY-11), Tom Reed (NY-23), Chris Collins (NY-27), Paul Cook (CA-8) and more.

Nestor Gomez Jimenez, who would qualify for the Dream Act and resident of Brooklyn Park, MN, said:
“Today, I returned to Representative Paulsen’s office to ask him once more to take action that would protect his constituents, like me, from deportation. I grew up in Brooklyn Park all of my life and have always been involved in my community. I’ve even asked the Representative’s office to hold town halls so they could meet with the immigrant young people in his district who are now living in danger.
“His constituents are tired of waiting while Congress plays politics with our lives. We need Rep. Paulsen to get behind the Dream Act now if he’s serious about his support for us.”
Abril, who is from California and would qualify for the Dream Act, said:
“I talked to staff from Congresswoman Walter’s office. She needs to understand that the Trump plan would hurt immigrant families. I currently live in California where 230,000 individuals out of 800,000 are DACA beneficiaries. Since I have DACA, passing the Dream Act would give me the opportunity to continue my education and become a dentist.”

Today, children of illegal immigrants visited the offices of:

Rep. Scott Taylor (VA-2)
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (IL-16)
Rep. Chris Smith (NJ-4)
Rep. Chris Stewart (UT-2)
Rep. Frank LoBiondo (NJ-2)
Rep. Tom MacArthur (NJ-3)
Rep. Mimi Walters (CA-45)
Rep. Patrick Meehan (PA-7)
Rep. Rodney Davis (IL-13)
Rep. Michael Simpson (ID-2)
Rep. Bruce Poliquin (ME-2)
Rep. Erik Paulsen (MN-3)
Rep. Ed Royce (CA-39)
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48)
Rep. Peter Roskam (IL-6)
Rep. Kevin Yoder (KS-3)
Rep. Justin Amash (MI-3)
Rep. Darrell Issa (CA-49)
Rep. Daniel Donovan (NY-11)
Rep. Tom Reed (NY-23)
Rep. Chris Collins (NY-27)
Rep. Steve Womack (AR-3)
Rep. Paul Cook (CA-8)
Rep. David Joyce (OH-14)
Rep. Mike Gallagher (WI-8)
Rep. Tom Rooney (FL-17)
Rep. Greg Walden (OR-2)
Rep. Sean Duffy (WI-7)
Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA-3)
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-5)
Rep. Mike Bost (IL-12)
Rep. Michael Turner (OH-10)
Rep. David Trott (MI-11)
Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ-11)
Rep. Lee Zeldin (NY-1)
Rep. Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Rep. Darin LaHood (IL-18)
Rep. Brian Mast (FL-18)
Rep. Jim Renacci (OH-16)
Rep. Tom Emmer (MN-6)
Rep. Bill Huizenga (MI-2)
Rep. David Young (IA-3)
Rep. Earl “Buddy” Carter (GA-1)
Rep. Evan Jenkins (WV-3)
Rep. Roger Marshall (KS-1)
Rep. Devin Nunes (CA-22)
Rep. Duncan Hunter (CA-50)
Rep. Rob Woodall (GA-7)
Rep. Kevin Brady (TX-8)
Rep. Steve Russell (OK-5)
Rep. Brian Babin (TX-36)
Rep. Virginia Foxx (NC-5)
Rep. George Holding (NC-02)
Rep. John Ratcliffe (TX-04)
Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX-01)
Rep. Ted Budd (NC-13)
Rep. Jackie Walorski (IN-02)
Rep. Randy Hultgren (IL-14)
Rep. Patrick McHenry NC-10)
Rep. Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Rep. Jim Bridenstine (OK-01)
Rep. Sam Johnson (TX-03)
Rep. Tom Graves (GA-14)
Rep. Michael Conaway (TX-11)
Rep. Andy Biggs (AZ-05)
Rep. Vern Buchanan FL-16)
Rep. Scott Tipton (CO-03)
Rep. Blake Farenthold (TX-27)
Rep. Paul Ryan (WI-01)
Rep. Tom Cole (OK-04)
Rep. Doug LaMalfa (CA-01)
Rep. John Shimkus (IL-15)
Rep. Jack Bergman (MI-01)
Rep. Daniel Webster (FL-11)
Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-3)
Rep. David Kustoff (TN-8)
Rep. Markwayne Mullin (OK-2)
Rep. French Hill (AR-2)

United We Dream is the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the nation, a powerful network made up of over 400,000 members and 48 affiliate organizations across 26 states. UWD’s vision is to build a multi-racial, multi-ethnic movement of young people who organize and advocate at the local and national levels for the dignity and justice of immigrants

Sourced from unitedwedream.org

Views: 15

Reply to This

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Bill and Hillary Clinton Brutally
Mocked After Defending

View image on Twitter

Crooked Bill and Hillary Clinton were brutally mocked Monday after defending the Clinton Foundation on social media.

The Clinton Foundation’s official Twitter account tweeted Saturday, “ICYMI: President @BillClinton wrote on Facebook this week about our work improving lives in the United States and around the world, from fighting climate change to combating the opioid crisis.”

Former President Bill Clinton’s Facebook post served to correct the record about so called fake news smearing the Clinton Foundation. Naturally, he linked to far left sites such as Snopes and Politifact to debunk the smears.

After touting all the charity the Clinton Foundation brings to hurricane victims, farmers in East Africa and combating Climate Change, Bill Clinton unleashed on Breitbart News for spreading conspiracy theories and false information about the Foundation.

Nevertheless, spreading false information about the Foundation continues, apparently as part of an ongoing strategy to distract attention from real problems and, over the long run, to completely erase the line between fact and fiction.

For example, just a few weeks ago on MSNBC, during a discussion of the President’s disparaging remarks about Haiti, his designated defender repeated the ridiculous assertion that I had taken money raised for Haiti for personal use and was responsible for the apparent suicide of a Haitian who knew all about it. Thankfully, the host cut her off, refusing to provide a forum for known false conspiracy theories. I’m proud of the work the Foundation and I have done in Haiti and will give you a more detailed report on that soon.

These attacks on the Foundation began in earnest with the 2015 publication of the Breitbart-inspired book, Clinton Cash. I thought the Foundation staff did a good job debunking the book’s charges, but they were published as written even in “mainstream” outlets, and even now the charges continue to be repeated online and in forums favorable to those who make them.

I have never responded personally to these charges, but out of respect for our donors, partners, and those who work at the Foundation, I think I should—because as we see, attacks, no matter how outrageous, can have a long life.

Bill Clinton also argued Chelsea’s wedding wasn’t paid for by Clinton Foundation donations nor do any of them receive salaries.

No, Foundation funds were not used to pay for Chelsea’s wedding. It’s not only untrue, it’s a personal insult to me, to Hillary, and to Chelsea and Marc. It was a wonderful day that Hillary and I were grateful to be able to pay for.

Clinton also argued the foundation was given 4 out 4 stars from Charity Navigator, Platinum from GuideStar, A from Charity Watch, and a 20 out of 20 score for meeting all of the Better Business Bureau’s good practice standards.

Hillary Clinton tweeted: Want to hear the real story of the @ClintonFdn? Read this: 

Trump supporters savaged the Clintons.

How about when Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Oman donated MILLIONS to your foundation when you were Secretary of State and then you conducted official US business with them? 

What about how Haitian villages that you raised money for are STILL without the homes, schools and infrastructure you promised for them? Where did it go Hillary? Where's that money? Why did you plunder the great people of Haiti? 

Unless it explains

Benghazi 33,000 missing emails  Haiti  Destroyed electronics  Missing money
Uranium One Etc

Then no. Nope.  
Not on Presidents day.  

Care to tell us how much the Foundation pays out in salaries each year? 

Slush fund? Pay-to-play? Salaries for Sid Blumenthal?
Fraud in Haiti?  The vast majority of funds don't reach people in need?
That's the real story, right?   

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service