Cruz: 'Do Democrats Understand They Need to Control the House to Impeach?'

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Md., on Feb. 23, 2017. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told the Conservative Political Action Conference outside D.C. today that "many times" since Jan. 20 he has "raised a glass and toasted Harry Reid."

"Because Harry Reid employed the so-called nuclear option, broke the Senate rules to change the Senate rules, lowered the threshold for confirmation from 60 votes to 51 votes. And it is a direct result of Harry Reid that we now have the most conservative Cabinet in decades," Cruz said. "...Let me on behalf of CPAC thank Harry Reid, thank you for Attorney General Jeff Sessions. And also, we should be thanking Harry Reid for EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. For Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. And very, very soon, I look forward to thanking Harry Reid for Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch."

"Should we thank Keith Ellison, too?" Cruz quipped to applause from the crowd.

Democratic National Committee leadership elections are Saturday, and Cruz dubbed the Minnesota congressman "likely to be the next chairman of the DNC."

"And I'm sure the vast majority of Americans, given his background with Farrakhan, will be very excited about that. Shall we get behind him at CPAC? What do you say?" the senator continued. "Listen, I will commend the Democrats for one thing. If they name Keith Ellison as the head of the DNC, then I'll commend them for truth in advertising."

Cruz panned impeachment talk a month into President Trump's term.

"Impeachment is a constitutional function. Yes, the left keeps talking about impeachment. I mean, they were talking about impeachment before the inauguration," he said. "And, you know, I think impeaching Obama in January probably would have been a mistake."

read more:
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/02/23/cruz-do-democrats-...

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Image result for wizard of oz flying monkeys video animation

The Abomination Keith Ellison is a muslim and muslim brotherhood member and Sympathizer with CAIR-HAMAS-ISIS!! And he went too Saudi Arabia and stuck his head in the unholy / ungodly kabba stone!!

United We Stand with the Holy Land of Israel-Yisrael and our Judeo-Christian Nation United States of America, Divided We FALL!!

Please Pray for the Holy Land of Israel-Yisrael and our Judeo-Christian Nation United States of America Everyday!! "Pray Without Ceasing." ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV )!!

Happy Shavua Tov ( Good Week ) Everyone!!

Love Always and Shalom, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann

What will Rep. Ellison do when the State Department re-lists the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization?  Should Speaker Ryan move to have him EXPELLED from Congress.. .I believe he should.

Ryan do something right?  Only in a Tom Clancy novel.

Sounds like a plan to me...

Related image

Marilyn Calkins

I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE

AND

WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP

WE WILL GET TO USE IT ALOT

THANK YOU

They obviously expect support from the GOP... Nixon was blind sided by Watergate and he was quite an astute politician... Trump needs to be very aware of what is going on in the GOP ... he still has many 'never' Trump agents who would love to find Trump gone and Pence in charge.

Ronald A. Nelson Col.USA (Ret)

PRESIDENT TRUMP

NEEDS ALL OUR SUPPORT

AND

WE HAVE TO SHOW IT EVERY DAY

RSS

TEA PARTY CONNECT

Political Cartoons by Jerry Holbert

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

HOT TEA VIDEO

WATCH: Hillary Says Trump To Be Impeached ‘Like Nixon’, But She Forgot 1 Little Detail

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service