43% of Republicans could imagine supporting a military coup in the United States

A law professor at West Point was forced to hastily resign after it emerged that he had authored a number of controversial articles. In one he suggested that legal scholars defending the rights of suspected terrorists could be considered legitimate military targets, while in another he examined a potential military coup in the United States, arguing that officers may have a duty to sieze control of the federal government if the federal government acted against the interest of the country. The United States military has long embraced the idea of civilian control of national affairs, and apart from certain rare moments the American officer corps has faithfully followed the orders of their civilian superiors.

YouGov's latest research shows, however, that officers in the military are held in much greater esteem than their civilian superiors, and that they are widely viewed as having the best interests of the country in mind instead of their own selfish concerns. 70% of Americans believe that military officers generally want what is best for the country. When it comes to Congressmen, however, 71% of Americans believe that they want what is best for themselves, along with 59% for local politicians. 

29% of Americans could imagine a situation in which they would support the military seizing control of the federal government, while 41% could not imagine such a situation. 

Republicans (43%) are more than twice as likely as Democrats (20%) to say that they could conceive of a situation in which they would support a military coup in the United States. Independents tend to say that they could not (38%) rather than could (29%) imagine supporting a coup.

read more:

https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/09/09/could-coup-happen-in-unite...

Views: 1391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Correct again... but those in power decide who are patriots and who are terrorist.  Guess which group the Tea Party and Patriot's will be identified as by our government?

One man's Patriot is another's Traitor... those with the power to enforce the law, decide who is the traitor and who the Patriot.

GOD, I hope so.

I'll be there if they need any help.

As a West Point graduate with multiple classmates still serving as General Officers (I'm not one of them) I understand the ethics that guide the senior leadership in the military. We all swore allegiance to the Constitution, not any individual. I cannot imagine a coup by the military. That is Hollywood-style "reality". Not actual reality. 

Similarly, if any illegal orders are issued by the civilian administration to the military which violate the Constitution, they will not be obeyed. The military will never become an oppressor of the people.Sure, Point to Kent State if you will. One poorly trained, young, inexperienced National Guard 2LT that panicked has little in common with senior military leaders. The worst that would happen is that the troops would sit in the barracks playing X-BOX.

In 1971 I was part of the Army/Marine force that kept the peace during the Moratorium Day antiwar demonstrations. It was all about keeping peace. The military will not conduct a coup against the government. Nor will they play a part in oppressing the people. Neither of those missions are in the military's playbook.

Robert, what you've stated is certainly the hope (and expectation!) of every thinking patriot.

That's good to know, thanks Robert.

I don't see a military coup happening any time soon, if at all. 

But I can see Machiavellian intrigues inside the civilian political sector forcing an incumbent President out ... Comrade-Imam Obama runs the Executive Branch like a monarch's court and it comes complete with factions & cliques each with its own agenda.
How I/we react to such an intrigue would probably depend upon who the players are -- but to be certain, such events are not healthy for the republic -- think back to Lyndon Johnson: his internal power base evaporated ... his tormentors allowed him to finish his term but forbade to seek reelection ... that was a palace coup.
It could happen again.

Barack Obama is running the federal government OUTSIDE OF THE CONSTITUTION......WITHOUT LEGAL AUTHORITY TO CARRY OUT HIS DISTRUCTIVE ACTIONS.  This makes him, by his own actions, a criminal, a rogue, an enemy of the American System of Government and the American  People.  Our problem is that we have never encountered deadly enemies inside our government structure who have complete power over us.  We do not, it seems, have the mechanisms to deal with this situation.  It is a serious and deadly situation and we are powerless to dismantle it before it destroys us.  It may mean, whether some people on this board like it or not, taking measures that are outside the box for the sake of our people and our country.......otherwise, all is going to be lost.

Wrong... The Constitution has several remedies capable of addressing the current problems.  However, the leadership in Congress is UNWILLING to use those remedies... Impeachment, restricted funding, special prosecutors, and courts, etc. are capable of correcting the problem.

We all need to wake up to the fact that BOTH PARTIES are in collusion to fundamentally transform America... Boehner and McConnell are not interested in derailing Obama.  They are supporting him and their RUSE to the CONTRARY is falling apart. To anyone with an eye to see it is obvious that the GOP leadership is assisting Obama in the dismantling of our Republic. 

The latest evidence is the Corker's Bill... This is a 'Republican Authored Bill' that basically clears the way for the ratification of the Iranian Nuclear Agreement against the will of the people. However, it has been exposed and the outcry is so great, that the GOP leadership has backed off temporarily... as they work to spin a new tale.  Look for the GOP to claim they can DO NOTHING now... that its too late, and that Obama will simply ignore them.  Look for McConnell and Boehner to tell us that the President has unilateral authority to act, without Congress, which is not the case.

The GOP leadership has been speaking out of both sides of its mouth... They are completely on board with Obama's fundamental transformation of America.  However, they are attempting to keep their betrayal hidden from the Public. It's not working.  Now the question is what do we do?  Revolution is brewing in the basements of America.

Ronald........I think we are saying the same thing, but using different wording.  The "weak link" is of course the massive numbers of bought, criminal professional politicians who REFUSE to take any action against this threat.  We can't seem to rid ourself of this "weak link" which otherwise might be the remedy we are seeking.  The procedures are there in the Constitution, however the "weak link" nullifies their use.  Therein lies our inablity to effectively oppose the destruction of this country.  So, do we just sit on our thumbs and watch the climax of this tragic story or do we seek effective methods to save it?  Just wondering.

I've been predicting another revolution since '99.  WE the People have brought this mess upon our selves.  WE the "Silent Majority" went for years on end  - - NOT VOTING - - and allowed this bunch of corrupt Politicians to take control of the country and our lives.  NOW every one is uptight.  You should be!  Republicans/Democrats - - does anyone see any difference any more???  Key word - Politicians!!!  

WE the People need to clean house, all 535 of them, plus the White House and the damned Supreme Court.  You that are afraid of voicing your opinions because of the NSA - - - You best oil up your AR-15, cause they'll be coming after all of us in the Tea Party.  We are marked as Domestic Terrorists, me I get double "XX" cause I'm ex-military and ready to defend the Constitution at ALL costs.

May God have mercy on the USA...................

Could a coup really happen in the U.S.?  It has already happened.  It happened when the constitutionally ineligible candidate, Barack Obama, won the presidential election in 2008, and it was reinforced in 2012.  Constitutionally ineligible, because he is not a 'natural born' citizen.  He is a DUAL citizen; and the whole POINT of the constitutional requirement for the person in that office - and that office ONLY, may it be suitably noted, for the clue that it is to the crime that has been committed - to be a 'natural born' citizen, rather than any other kind of citizen, was to make sure that that person - who would as well then become the Commander in Chief of the nation's military forces (BIG CLUE) - had NO DUAL/CONFLICTING LOYALTIES OR ALLEGIANCES.  

(A natural born citizen is one born on the soil (jus soli) of two (in this case, U.S.) citizen parents (jus sanguinis).  Thus, no conflicts of loyalties/allegiances.  SOLE ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.S.)

We would just be taking our county back from its hijackers.  Its erstwhile hijackers.  And so, what is required is a counter-revolution.  To oust the NWO statist revolutionaries from their positions of power, in their ill-gotten gains.

And it had better happen sooner rather than later.  Later may well be too late.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service