Cops in Floral Swim Caps Drop Vests and Dive in Pool. Synchronized Swim Routine Has Internet Roaring

Image result for Arlington County Police Department"...we were laughing so hard..."

Arlington County Police Department is going all out to promote this year’s upcoming neighborhood Police, Fire, & Sheriff Block Party. Their methods may be unusual, but they are certainly attracting the attention they were hoping to get all while showing a different side of law enforcement.

It all started when five officers decided to create a video to advertise the festivities. However, what started as a simple project turned into days of effort resulting in one fantastic viral video.

Having no synchronized swimming experience whatsoever didn’t hold back Sergeant Damon Washington, Officer Daniel Gardner, Captain Adrienne Quigley, Officer Ben Manning, and Officer Darryl Wilson from creating a video seen by thousands. The fearless men made something that attracted many residents to their event.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Are you attending Police, @ACFDPIO and Sheriff's Block Party? Here's the details on demonstration times and parking! http://tinyurl.com/y8loa9rs 

“To be quite frank, it’s refreshing to do something that’s absolutely 180 degrees different than what police do on a day-to-day basis,” said Gardner. The video is definitely different from their usual routine, but so much fun to watch!

Making the video wasn’t all fun and games. It took a lot of trial and error when it came to the costume design for the swim routine. “We gotta keep it spicy and I jumped into the pool with the uniform,” Washington said, “but the funny thing is this vest is not a life preserver, this vest is actually a weight.”

“I had to have my other partner Dan or Darryl pull me out of the pool with one of the poles or something so I didn’t drown,” he added. Despite the wardrobe malfunctions, the group seemed to have a great time making the video.

They choreographed the routine themselves, and came back to the pool multiple times to get the shots just right. “It got pretty outrageous and I tell you we had so many takes because we were laughing so hard,” said Gardner.

The event takes place on Saturday, August 26 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Kenmore Middle School. The event gained a ton of local sponsorship, allowing them to feature a kid zone, a helicopter show, K-9 demonstrations, and much more all while providing free food and drinks!

The Block Party is expected to have a huge turnout thanks to the amazing efforts of the different departments to promote the event. “I think it’s an idea of how creative the team can be and new and engaging ways to meet different people and show a different side of policing,” said Quigley.

Manning, the officer featured as the first officer to jump into the pool, made it clear that this project meant a lot to him. “I really enjoy this part of what we do and being able to do real community outreach and show people the other side of police work,” he shared.

The Police, Fire, & Sheriff Block Party is sure to be a hit in the community. Manning announced, “We put this much effort into promoting our event — come on out because imagine what the event itself is going to be.”

https://www.liftable.com/emilyanne/cops-floral-swim-caps-drop-vests...

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This ROCKS!!!

We have a pretty cool PD....  I think I'm going to take this up to City Hall or something and see if some of our guys/gals would do something similar.  I think it's a great way to bring everybody together.

I think it was a brilliant idea, love this.

Love it LOL

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Chip BokThe cartoonist's homepage, pnj.com/opinion

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service