Cops in Floral Swim Caps Drop Vests and Dive in Pool. Synchronized Swim Routine Has Internet Roaring

Image result for Arlington County Police Department"...we were laughing so hard..."

Arlington County Police Department is going all out to promote this year’s upcoming neighborhood Police, Fire, & Sheriff Block Party. Their methods may be unusual, but they are certainly attracting the attention they were hoping to get all while showing a different side of law enforcement.

It all started when five officers decided to create a video to advertise the festivities. However, what started as a simple project turned into days of effort resulting in one fantastic viral video.

Having no synchronized swimming experience whatsoever didn’t hold back Sergeant Damon Washington, Officer Daniel Gardner, Captain Adrienne Quigley, Officer Ben Manning, and Officer Darryl Wilson from creating a video seen by thousands. The fearless men made something that attracted many residents to their event.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Are you attending Police, @ACFDPIO and Sheriff's Block Party? Here's the details on demonstration times and parking! http://tinyurl.com/y8loa9rs 

“To be quite frank, it’s refreshing to do something that’s absolutely 180 degrees different than what police do on a day-to-day basis,” said Gardner. The video is definitely different from their usual routine, but so much fun to watch!

Making the video wasn’t all fun and games. It took a lot of trial and error when it came to the costume design for the swim routine. “We gotta keep it spicy and I jumped into the pool with the uniform,” Washington said, “but the funny thing is this vest is not a life preserver, this vest is actually a weight.”

“I had to have my other partner Dan or Darryl pull me out of the pool with one of the poles or something so I didn’t drown,” he added. Despite the wardrobe malfunctions, the group seemed to have a great time making the video.

They choreographed the routine themselves, and came back to the pool multiple times to get the shots just right. “It got pretty outrageous and I tell you we had so many takes because we were laughing so hard,” said Gardner.

The event takes place on Saturday, August 26 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Kenmore Middle School. The event gained a ton of local sponsorship, allowing them to feature a kid zone, a helicopter show, K-9 demonstrations, and much more all while providing free food and drinks!

The Block Party is expected to have a huge turnout thanks to the amazing efforts of the different departments to promote the event. “I think it’s an idea of how creative the team can be and new and engaging ways to meet different people and show a different side of policing,” said Quigley.

Manning, the officer featured as the first officer to jump into the pool, made it clear that this project meant a lot to him. “I really enjoy this part of what we do and being able to do real community outreach and show people the other side of police work,” he shared.

The Police, Fire, & Sheriff Block Party is sure to be a hit in the community. Manning announced, “We put this much effort into promoting our event — come on out because imagine what the event itself is going to be.”

https://www.liftable.com/emilyanne/cops-floral-swim-caps-drop-vests...

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This ROCKS!!!

We have a pretty cool PD....  I think I'm going to take this up to City Hall or something and see if some of our guys/gals would do something similar.  I think it's a great way to bring everybody together.

I think it was a brilliant idea, love this.

Love it LOL

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Racism -> Emergency Medical Doctor Rails Against Whites: “White People Can Be Exhausting” – ‘Racism Towards Whites Doesn’t Exist’ 

Esther Choo (pictured above), an emergency medical doctor and professor in Oregon, took to Twitter to rail against white people and after getting called out for her racism, she asserted that it’s impossible to be racist towards whites.

According to Choo’s bio, she’s an emergency physician and associate professor at the Oregon Health & Science University.

Choo is the daughter of Korean immigrants and uses social media to talk about racism and sexism in healthcare, according to her bio.

“White people can be exhausting. Just an observation,” Choo said in a tweet on Friday.

White people can be exhausting. Just an observation.

— Esther Choo MD MPH (@choo_ek) June 21, 2019

When she received backlash for her racist tweet, Choo continued to taunt and disparage whites.

“Observation #2: white people are going to prove my point on this very thread,” Choo said responding to the backlash.

She also bragged that Twitter took her side when people reported her tweet.

“Observation #3: when people try to convince Twitter that white people are experiencing reverse racism, Twitter understands that is not a thing.”

Observation #3: when people try to convince Twitter that white people are experiencing reverse racism, Twitter understands that is not a thing.

— Esther Choo MD MPH (@choo_ek) June 21, 2019

Twitter may not have a problem with racism against white people, but what about the medical community?

Dr. Choo received huge backlash on Twitter.

Joe Biggs   @Rambobiggs

This is coming from an Emergency Medicine Physician who is considered a "leader" in her field. She's scheduled to be a speaker at the American College of Emergency Physicians in October. She runs a website called FeminEM prompting Feminist causes in EM and a racist.

Dan Bongino  @dbongino
 Here for the ratio
Dan Roth@Dan12R

Pretty racist statement, TBH.

See Dan Roth's other Tweets
Blake Anderson@BitcoinBlake

Protected groups being immune to being called out for blatant bigotry is exhausting, just an observation.

Replace “white” with any other race, and Dr. Choo would be out of a job.

Update: Dr. Choo deleted her racist tweets and set her Twitter account to “private” after she received backlash from hundreds of people.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service