The depressing spectacle of Barack Obama inaugurating a second term should not obscure this truth: Conservatives win on issues. They lose in elections because they don’t know how to frame the choices, even on those many issues on which the majority of the public is in their corner.

Consider the most recent poll numbers. Gallup on abortion: “Would you consider yourself to be pro-choice or pro-life?” Answer: 50 to 41, pro-life.

Gallup on whether government “is trying to do too many things that should be left to individuals and businesses” or instead “should do more to solve our country’s problems.” Answer: By 54-39, “is trying to do too many things.” And 51 percent think the federal government “has too much power” versus 40 percent “has about the right amount of power” — and only 8 percent thinks it “has too little power.”

Impression of the National Rifle Association? Fox News, just last week: 56 percent favorable, 33 percent unfavorable. Will tough guns laws help stop incidents like the Newtown school shooting? Only 22 percent say yes, while 71 percent say “the people who commit these kinds of acts will always find the guns to commit violent acts.” And: “Which is more important: protecting the constitutional rights of citizens to own guns, or protecting citizens from gun violence?” Rights defeat protection, 51-40. And CNN, also last week, asked: Would “having stricter gun control laws… reduce the amount of violence in the country, or not?” Not: 61-39.

And by 47 percent to 40 percent, those polled support having “armed guards in every school” ahead of “stricter gun control laws.”

Okay, how about the debt ceiling? CBS last week gave three options: “Raised without conditions” or “raised with spending cuts” or “not raised at all.” The answers: 17 to 60 to 18. Put the latter two together, and a whopping 78 percent want the limit either to remain unchanged or to be raised only with spending cuts attached. And, to repeat: Only 17 percent support Barack Obama’s position of raising the limit without preconditions.

For traditionalists out there, the news isn’t even hideous on homosexual marriage. Forty percent of Americans — only a plurality — support “marriage equality.” The middle ground, if traditionalists want to seize it, is to support “civil unions,” which garners 30 percent support — and which, if combined with the 24 percent who want no “legal unions” of any kind, means a majority still would stop short of having the law fully ratify homosexual marriages.

read more:

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/01/23/conservatives-underperform...

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

conservatives never win any elections because we never run any candidates. it's as simple as that. every election it comes down to a question of ... well we don't want to vote D... and voting I is stupid because we all know they can't win and if they did they couldn't get anything accomplished without the support of the R's .. so you all need to just go along and vote for which ever rino the R's put up to run. and being gutless sheep we all just go along and vote for satans minion because it's the lesser of two evils. well... if you vote for obama's daughter to avoid voting for obama... you still get obama.

as for why we never win any issues... that's even easier to answer... we never win any issues because we're too freaking stupid to win any elections.

so now everyone is going to ask ok then what's my solution? stop voting for obama's daughter.... instead of voting for a republican because it's the lesser of 2 evils and an I just can't win... either vote your principles or just get rid of your principles and quit kidding yourself that you're a conservative.

Old Lucifer and his demon angels are dancing a victory jig over the homosexaulity victory.Any man can see the disgust of homo sexaulity when to men which have the same sexaul oregans get into the bed and perform the sex act .Both with penis's both giving oral sex to each other.What a totally disgusting thing.Jesus said satan was the god of this world so it is to his delight when he can get people to do such depraved acts.

A test is comming to the people of our land. The test will be that if Obama declares all guns illegal and orders all citizens to turn them under penalty of steep fines and prison time how many will comply. Me thinks that many who own guns will comply rather than face prison.

You people just don't get it.  They control the voting machines.  Not only do dead & illegal people vote, but you vote on a mini-computer.  My junior high grandson, could rig these machines.  WAKE UP, your vote does not count.  Why were all of the political "People in the know" so wrong?  The machines voted as the SEIU wanted.

We don't get action because we don't have the mainstream media on our side reporting the truth to our brain dead lukewarm society.  If we can't spread the truth we'll never get any traction.

You are100% correct Devin.

If we had a news media to put the word out to the people you would see a big change in our government and our people.

Re Sarah Palin as President of the US . She would probably be the third or fourth best President this country would ever have .
Sarah' s name would never be associated with impeachment because she has very high standards . Sarah is a woman of
Impeccable integrity , and true grit . She would never send our daughters to the frot lines like the libs would Sarah would
Make our military and country proud once again . Sarah Palin would be the one candidate to make me hold my head
Up high again as an American . May God bless her always .

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service