Conservative legend Thomas Sowell turns on Ted Cruz

Sowell Picture: Hoover Institution Cruz Picture: Reuters

A leading tea party intellectual has turned against the tea party movement’s favorite senator.

Economist Thomas Sowell, who has long been revered among conservatives, has slammed Sen. Ted Cruz in his last two columns, accusing the Texas Republican of being self-serving and comparing him to President Obama.

“Freshman Senator Ted Cruz says many things that need to be said and says them well,” Sowell wrote in his syndicated column Tuesday, before going on to compare Cruz to President Obama. “Moreover, some of these things are what many, if not most, Americans believe wholeheartedly. Yet we need to remember that the same was true of another freshman Senator, just a relatively few years ago, who parlayed his ability to say things that resonated with the voters into two terms in the White House.”

Sowell continued, suggesting Cruz is only looking out for himself.

“Senator Ted Cruz has not yet reached the point where he can make policy, rather than just make political trouble,” Sowell wrote. “But there are already disquieting signs that he is looking out for Ted Cruz — even if that sets back the causes he claims to be serving.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/19/conservative-legend-thomas-sowell...

Views: 1219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Money and threats do change people.

Is Mr. Sowell in the Senate?

Is Mr. Sowell a Senator.

Is Sowell running for office?

Is Sowell some sort of policy maker?

Does Mr. Sowell cast a vote on ObamaCare, Debt ceiling or any other legislation?

I thought Ted Cruz was the Senator that was in office doing what he was asked to do?  FIGHT!

Are you going to put Mr. Sowell in office or are you going to try and find another Ted Cruz to put into the Senate.

Why in God's name would anyone turn anyone from Mr. Sowell. 

Mr. Sowell is not in office, he doesn't vote in the Senate.

He's not running for office, so he won't ever vote in the Senate.

In this instance, Mr. Sowell giving us the same advice that John McCain is giving us and it's advice that's approved of by the Democrats.

Just because Mr. Sowell is conservative economist does not mean that he is right about every political thought he has.

Speaking of RINOs, I want Ted Cruz to take the fight to the spineless traitors that are aiding and abetting Obama and Obama's policies.

You on the other hand agree with Mr. Sowell, that Ted Cruz should shut up and stand down, because he's making waves.

This is not about Sowell.  Mr. Sowell is not in the Senate or the House.

Mr. Cruz is.  He's one of the very few making a stand and making the fight.

I want more Cruz's in the Senate, not fewer of them and I sure as hell do not want a watered down Cruz just before we send him some backup in 2014.

What RINO stands with Ted Cruz?

All the RINOs are against Ted Cruz and want him to shut up.

I have a list of 25 of them that would not vote against closure and sold Ted Cruz down the toilet.  They voted for closure and got ObamaCare funded.  Ted Cruz was trying to stop it and would have, had the RINOs stuck with him.

You in the meantime are not standing on Cruz's side, your standing on the same side as the established leadership of the GOP which in this instance, is the same side that Mr. Sowell is on.

I'm sorry, but Mr. Sowell is wrong on this and so are you!

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, R.J., but if you are alluding to the idea of Ted learning to get along with "his fellow Senators" which action "may lead to Pres. consideration," forget it.

There will be no greater hue and cry go up against his candidacy for the presidency than amongst true conservatives, aka constitutionalists.  He is NOT ELIGIBLE, for not being a NBC.  I know that some Republicans are trying to fudge that little qualification a little - after all, the Republican Party colluded with the Democrat honchos in allowing Obama to be a candidate; and hence the trouble we're in now, with a man in that office who took that signal as carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to, with the Constitution reduced to being a mere "piece of paper," to quote the just-previous pretender to the throne, in this age of aspirants to leadership in their respective authoritarian New World Order ambitions.  But neither of these totalitarian camps will win the day.  So "Teaparty thinkers" should get clear on what their job is.  Which is to make sure that neither camp does so.  So let's stop with the pussy-footing around of the issue.     

Admit it they are frightened of Senator Cruz. He is Honest ,Intelligent and Not afraid to Stand up for the Constitution. He understands the Tea Party and We understand him.

I'm having trouble with this whole deal, I will wait and reserve my opinion as time goes by and more is learned about Ted.

RSS

TEA PARTY CONNECT

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

HOT TEA VIDEO

TOTAL CLASS ACT! Melania Trump Speaks Italian with Hospitalized Children in Rome

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service