Sowell Picture: Hoover Institution Cruz Picture: Reuters

A leading tea party intellectual has turned against the tea party movement’s favorite senator.

Economist Thomas Sowell, who has long been revered among conservatives, has slammed Sen. Ted Cruz in his last two columns, accusing the Texas Republican of being self-serving and comparing him to President Obama.

“Freshman Senator Ted Cruz says many things that need to be said and says them well,” Sowell wrote in his syndicated column Tuesday, before going on to compare Cruz to President Obama. “Moreover, some of these things are what many, if not most, Americans believe wholeheartedly. Yet we need to remember that the same was true of another freshman Senator, just a relatively few years ago, who parlayed his ability to say things that resonated with the voters into two terms in the White House.”

Sowell continued, suggesting Cruz is only looking out for himself.

“Senator Ted Cruz has not yet reached the point where he can make policy, rather than just make political trouble,” Sowell wrote. “But there are already disquieting signs that he is looking out for Ted Cruz — even if that sets back the causes he claims to be serving.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/19/conservative-legend-thomas-sowell...

Views: 1218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rand has been busy filing a lawsuit against the NSA for unconstitutional spying on Americans. I consider that to be one kind of warfare that we need. Do not dismiss Rand. He is in the trenches, getting petitions going, which hopefully anger those on the left. The lawsuit is a big deal, and only Ken Cuccinelli is standing with him, along with FreedomWorks. This is muscle and I like it.

I like Rand Paul for president. 

The only question for me is, who will be his vice president?

Personally, I like  Allen West, but, I'd except Sarah Palin as well.

The one thing that bothers me about Rand Paul is. Why did he start National Association For Gun Rights? Did he see all that money and power, Or is it a boloney attract on the NRA, along with others trying to destroy them. I personally believe the NRA does a good job on Gun Rights/2nd. Amendment.  They don't need someone pulling money away from them. Why doesn't he just take there help, and leave the fund raising to them. 

I think Rand Paul is the best candidate for president, but, that doesn't make him perfect.

I don't like his stance on immigration and I don't like him running for president and the Senate.  This country is in such bad shape I won't condemn him for that, but, I think politicians trying to have their feet in two boats at once is not a good idea.  We need people to commit to what their going to do, not hedge their bets.

I'm not sure what's going on with the national Association For Gun Rights.  I don't know if it's good or bad or just another horse of a different colour.  We'll have to wait and see.

Instead of Unification, we have one more person, adding to the dissent.       Where is the person trying to build us up?         This in-fighting is designed to Divide, and is of no use, only weakening our purpose.          I see these comments as no more than one more drag, on our hopes to change the direction of our Country.        Mr. Sowell, either say something to help us, or do as the old adage says "If you cannot say something nice, don't say anything"       I find absolutely no value in your comments or remarks, I consider them irrevelant, and question their orgination.

I see Rove's fingerprints on the Cruz attack. People like Sowell get big bucks every year in speaker fees etc. Rove is in a position to add to Sowell's income or detract from it. When it comes to money, people do what they are told.

Ted Cruz at least is talking and supporting the ideals and principles that the GOP used to adhere to.  I don't know if I agree. Coulter also is saying all should read this  she also believes he is not doing what the people want.  Is this not what all politicians do/??  Remember Obama  he said he would do all the things he has done.  Fundementaly changing America  or in my words destroying it.  So I guess it would be up to the person wshat to believe.

I agree with Sowell. Cruz seems to be positioning himself for political gain. Namely, the White House that like Obama, he is in FACT completely ineligible for. Before you start screaming he is eligible and that I don't know what I'm talking about, read up on Constitutional eligibility and Natural Born. It all starts with being born on American soil.

I agree on the questionability of his eligibility, but I will wait as to what his motives are, after all he is one of a few fighting for conservatism. 

I WOULD SAY HIS ELEGIBILITY IS AS GOOD AS OBAMAS

Precisely.  Which amounts to zero.  And that's why Obama should have been removed from that office a long time ago - should never have been allowed to become a candidate for that particular office (and that particular office ONLY; for good reason, not to go into in detail here) in the first place.  Which means that the Republican Party honchos did a deal with the Democrat Party honchos, for both of them to stonewall on the issue.  Which amounts not only to corruption.  But to crime.

Which they both still need to pay for.

In the meantime: it's a wonderful teaching moment, Joanne.  Cruz should hold a major press conference and announce that he is turning down requests to run for the presidency in 2016 because he is not eligible for the office -"and here's why; and this is also why Obama is an illegal president, and needs to be removed from the office forthwith." 

Otherwise, we lose the rule of law in this country, with the Constitution becoming a dead letter, and the nation is up for grabs by any tyrant who wants to have a go at it; precisely like ancient Rome.  (As they say: Those who don't read history are doomed to repeat it.)

Of course, Cruz could suggest at the same time, if only in answer to a planted question, that if anybody wanted to mount a campaign for an amendment to the Constitution on the Natural Born Citizen issue, he wouldn't stand in their way.  Which would drive the point home even further.  The point, that we have been under usurped authority ever since Obama was sworn into office the first time, by a criminally compliant Supreme Court Chief Justice.  Another crime that needs to be corrected.

This is all by way of saying, that if this nation is ever to return to the rule of law, these are the sorts of things that need to take place.

And tempus fugit.      

Under absolutely no circumstances should the natural born citizen clause be changed in the Constitution.

They knew what they were doing when they did it.

If the Constitution had been followed we would not have Obama today.

We do not want any more Obama's in the future.

RSS

TEA PARTY CONNECT

Political Cartoons by Jerry Holbert

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

HOT TEA VIDEO

WATCH: Rush Watches Comey Testimony, Sees Something That Makes Him Immediately Warn Trump

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service