Colorado Recalls Two State Senators Over Strict Gun Votes

In an historic recall election Tuesday, voters ousted state Senate President John Morse over his support of tougher gun laws passed earlier this year.

Morse thanked and urged fellow lawmakers to continue fighting Tuesday as voters ousted him from office for his support for stricter Colorado gun laws.

"It has been an honor to represent the 11th Senate District," said Morse, who is the first Colorado lawmaker to be recalled and thrown out of office. "It's been hugely rewarding."

With almost 100 percent of votes counted in the historic recall election of Morse, returns show 51 percent have voted "yes" and 49 percent "no."

read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24064007/colorado-recall-...

Angela Giron ousted in Colorado recall election

State Sen. Angela Giron has been recalled and retired Pueblo deputy police chief George Rivera voted in as her replacement.

With 100 percent of the votes counted, about 56 percent called for Giron to be unseated. About 44 percent voted for her retention, according to final results reported by the Pueblo County Clerk and Recorder.

A stunned Giron conceded just after 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.

"We couldn't have done any more," she told the crowd gathered at Pueblo Union Depot that had shrunk to about 50 from about 200 at the height of what began as a victory party.

"I'm a little perplexed. This is what I know: I know that I have not one iota of regret from what I voted on," she said.

read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24064647/sen-giron-has-th...

Views: 1266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this should happen on a national basis........and we can start with that turncoat CORKER from TN...........i am so ashamed.........

This was very personal. Morse represented me in my neighborhood, I have lived here in this house since 1986, and in Colorado Springs since 1957.  It is an outstanding example of all politics being local and having a national effect.  I walked the neighborhood, manned the phones, called registered Republicans and Independents.  Over the years this has become a highly liberal neighborhood, the only one in El Paso County that is represented at the state level by Liberal Democrats. It is a desirable, stable, historic neighborhood, where people walk, but has recently become politically skewed by people working for government who are among those who can now afford to live here. 

The Democrats, a bare majority in the legislature made a sudden change in election laws to effect this election by allowing just the "intention" to live here a qualification to vote. This opened the door for a large population of very liberal Colorado College students to vote. It does not matter what you call yourself politically, this is by any measure voter fraud. This is an evil thing to do; this is lying cheating and stealing. The primary take away for all Tea Party members is that with communication and education in spite of their best efforts, in spite of their subversion, and foreign financing of their assault on our district, we prevailed.

Several of our precinct walkers ran into Morse precinct walkers one who he was flown in from New York another was imported from California.  They both believed their presence was perfectly reasonable. This was my representative, this was my State, this was my neighborhood, and we were up against big money with the mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, and his army of mercenaries.

We learned a lesson or two, for our fellow patriots in the other states and neighborhoods, to put to good use in the 2014 elections.   

Read about how they changed the law:  http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topics/you-think-your-voting-righ...

This was about a small group of National liberal/progressive/Marxist/Democrats attempting to purchase our Colorado State Legislature.  These individual are trying to buy our country one neighborhood, one city, one county, one state at a time.  All they need is a majority  They are trying to impose their will on Colorado. The former Democrat President of the Senate, John Morse, the object of our recall, said our 2nd amendment rights were a "sickness on our soul".  Ignoring our Constitution is his recommended cure.  Billionaires don't spend their money foolishly.  Within the next year that this man still had to serve, they had something planned to further cripple the Constitutionally protected freedoms essential to the people of Colorado and this Nation. 

The NRA helped us in our fight; there are many Coloradans who belong to the NRA, and that was our money returned to us to help us in our fight. 

One of the Independent couples I called had changed from Republican affiliation.  They were disgusted with Republicans increasing liberal direction.  They were passionate conservatives and inspired me.  On the other hand, two Republican couples told me the man had been "duly elected" and should serve out his term, so they voted against the recall.  They didn't understand, they think this man is the "loyal opposition"; he is not, he is anything but that.  This is not a little decision about whether we need a two-lane or four-lane highway.  The only party we have a voice in currently is the Republican Party.  Help take it back. These people are not nearly as well represented as they would have us believe.

Take part in your city, county, state politics, we can win this country back!

Your people voted him in at the beginning. Did you vote for Morse when he was elected? Did you not know that when he ran he wasn't as conservative as you thought he was! You get what you vote for!

"Your people voted him in at the beginning".... Maybe they did and maybe they didn't... who knows, if he was elected properly.  Voter and election fraud is rampant in every state... and appears to be sanctioned by the State legislature in Colorado.  

It should be apparent that the State of Colorado Legislature is full of individuals willing to commit voter and election fraud.  The State Legislature passed and the governor signed an election law that allowed same day registration and waived residency requirements to vote in a district.... saying it is only necessary to claim one has an intent to live there. 

Talk about an open and flagrant attempt to overturn the people's will in these contested district, by importing votes, that for all intensive purposes are fraudulent anywhere else in the world... Colorado's Legislature, sanctioned government legislated election fraud.

Read the book,  "The Blueprint: How the Democrats Won Colorado (and Why Republicans Everywhere Should Care)"  It tells how the Democrats went about winning in Colorado.  It is coming to a state near you.

The bumper stickers, "Don't Californate Colorado" are all over here.  Of course people from Illinois like to come, and New Yorkers.  They all come to escape the high taxes, government corruption, bankruptcy and crime.  They want blue skies and fresh air.  I'm not sure why they want to recreate the same thing here, because the old saying is insanity is when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Maybe we need to tell them, "everywhere you go, there you are."  And you can go home now.

No that's just what they do.

The disease can't be fixed. They're making a mess of New Hampshire.

Save yourselves. Shoot them as they cross the border or make sure you don't let them act up.

It's your only two options.

God bless NH, especially Lake Winnipesaukee, where cousins' boat took us to their cabin on the island in the summer.  Picking blueberries for our cereal in the morning, drinking water right from the Lake by pump in the kitchen, swimming like a fish and learning to waterski in the 3rd purest lake in the U. S. A. . . . memories.

When I was younger I had many a road trip to the White Mountains.

Drinking from the mountain rivers and jumping in the little mountain pools.

Brrrr Frrreezing!  Very invigorating but you had to get out pretty quick.

Your extremities start going numb fast.

cm- Your description is so familiar; I was born in Maine, but grew up, went to school, graduated HS and business school,  worked, married, raised a family in NH and lived there for 52 years; moved to Colorado in 1995, but go back every year, to visit my son, younger daughter and grandkids.  Lake Winnipesaukee is lovely, but I spent most of my time on Lake Sunapee, and often traveled to the coast, just to enjoy the salt air, water and "fresh" seafood - -something I can't get here!  It saddens me to see what is happening there, in our great Granite State!

Living in a state that borders Colorado I travel through that state each day and have extensive personal and professional ties there. Bravo to the good people of the Centennial State and may they now begin to unravel the rest of the rat's nest of liberal politicians and laws there. I hope that my state pays good attention to what is taking place there.

What you describe, Mr. Miller, is precisely what I've experienced in the animal rights wars of the last decade.   City and out of town big money, national anti-rights organizations buy enough lawmakers, judges, and voters to push forward with an agenda that local people would never go for but are often unable to see the need to fight.  The next repressive law is always 'for the animals,' the press releases are all written by the Humane Society of the U.S. (HSUS) so all the public sees is that we have to 'stop puppy mills.'  

Many thousands of nice little old ladies give $19/month every month to HSUS in the belief that they are feeding and providing care for abandoned animals.  Not true:  over 99% of that money goes to high salaries for HSUS top officers, fundraising, promoting more anti-animal use laws, and paying lawyers to sue for the same.   If you want to give, give locally -- your local shelter almost surely needs the money and most of them spend nearly all on actual care. 

Animal lovers -- my wife and I breed dogs as a hobby -- have lacked an NRA to help with these fights.  Such organizations as we have are generally local or at best statewide and they're hobby organizations, formed to promote and enjoy a sport rather than fight off a menace.   The AKC is finally catching on but they're very late to the game.  

What I believe is that except in the anti-gun wars we will continue to lose ground until economic or other collapse forces abandonment of all of the anti-prosperity rubbish flowing out of government.   Being ready for that time is a main reason to fight now, in spite of losses in most areas: If we do not fight now we will be few in number and uneducated about the needs when we suddenly have the chance to sweep away the trash.  

The people have spoken, Mr. Morse!  

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Jerry HolbertPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service