Image result for Coddled and Broken Millennials Now Need “Adulting School”

In recent years, the Millennial generation has caught a lot of flak for being coddled, useless, and overly sensitive. They say this is a generation stuck living with their parents, jobless, directionless, loaded with debt, and reluctant to grow up, because they weren’t raised properly. Now there’s a school to fill the glaring gaps in their education, and teach these grown up kids how to actually function as adults.

The Adulting School in Maine was created by a psychotherapist who noticed that so many of her young clients didn’t know how to do things like paying bills on time and choosing a career.” Rachel Weinstein, the co-founder of the group, explained that “You know, when you see 10 people feeling like they’re the only one, and they’re all struggling with the same thing, you think, let’s get these people together so they can learn this stuff and not feel so isolated and ashamed.”

The school offers social media groups and live events at bars and restaurants, where they teach these people things like how to run their finances, DIY repairs, and networking. During an interview with NPR, several of these adults were struggling to learn how to fold a fitted sheet.

It’s easy to look at this seemingly helpless generation and determine that this is all their fault; but you have to wonder, why weren’t Millennials taught this stuff in the first place? Why didn’t the schools and their parents teach them real practical skills that they would actually use? Why were they pampered and told that they could be anything they wanted? How in the hell did we let an entire generation grow up without learning the basic skills required to survive in this world? This isn’t a generation of a failures. This a generation that society has failed, and the mere existence of this Adulting School proves it.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2017/02/24/coddled-and-broken-millenni...

I can think of SO MANY things they should be taught at Adulting School.

Image result for Coddled Millennials need safe spaces

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Millenials do have a job and responsibilities. Every morning they wake up and say, "How can I be a victim today".  Victomology 101.

"...several of these adults were struggling to learn how to fold a fitted sheet."

I am 67 and learned a long time ago, there is NO WAY to fold a fitted sheet.  Doesn't bother me a bit that the dang thing is more wadded up, than folded.

ACTUALLY THERE IS....., FIT ALL 4 corners into each other....! Then finish by folding neatly.........! I was like you..., didn't think you could do it. My wife showed me...!! LOL 

Image result for SMILING GOOFY

Dang... still can't fold fitted sheets... for my round mattress?  Any suggestions... and buying a new bed is out of the question.

LOL....!! YOUR ON YOUR OWN with that one.....!!

Image result for laughing animals images

HOW ABOUT GIVING THEM A SWIFT KICK IN THE BUTT.....!!

Image result for CARTOON SWIFT KICK IN THE BUTT

Born under the Clinton administration grew-up under the Bush administration educated under the Obama administration

hopefully this school will have a class called " how to behave when your candidate doesn't win or you don't get your way "

ONLY if you let me hold the plunger.....

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service