Image result for Coddled and Broken Millennials Now Need “Adulting School”

In recent years, the Millennial generation has caught a lot of flak for being coddled, useless, and overly sensitive. They say this is a generation stuck living with their parents, jobless, directionless, loaded with debt, and reluctant to grow up, because they weren’t raised properly. Now there’s a school to fill the glaring gaps in their education, and teach these grown up kids how to actually function as adults.

The Adulting School in Maine was created by a psychotherapist who noticed that so many of her young clients didn’t know how to do things like paying bills on time and choosing a career.” Rachel Weinstein, the co-founder of the group, explained that “You know, when you see 10 people feeling like they’re the only one, and they’re all struggling with the same thing, you think, let’s get these people together so they can learn this stuff and not feel so isolated and ashamed.”

The school offers social media groups and live events at bars and restaurants, where they teach these people things like how to run their finances, DIY repairs, and networking. During an interview with NPR, several of these adults were struggling to learn how to fold a fitted sheet.

It’s easy to look at this seemingly helpless generation and determine that this is all their fault; but you have to wonder, why weren’t Millennials taught this stuff in the first place? Why didn’t the schools and their parents teach them real practical skills that they would actually use? Why were they pampered and told that they could be anything they wanted? How in the hell did we let an entire generation grow up without learning the basic skills required to survive in this world? This isn’t a generation of a failures. This a generation that society has failed, and the mere existence of this Adulting School proves it.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2017/02/24/coddled-and-broken-millenni...

I can think of SO MANY things they should be taught at Adulting School.

Image result for Coddled Millennials need safe spaces

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Col,

Thank you for supporting what needs to happen. 

And I, especially agree with what you stated about being exposed to third world countries. It sure opened my eyes as to what the rest of the world is like, and people here in America have no clue what the rest of the world is like. 

IF, those that don't know want to see what it is like, watch this video. IT IS EXACTLY the way things are as you see it in this video. I've been to all of those places, in the exact cities they are talking about. PLEASE WATCH IT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0ua23x89I

Of course, only those that have been in the military understand what we are saying. 

God help us. 

We are/were in the top 5% of all nations of all time for wealth and freedom. But we are losing it (freedom) dramatically, according to the freedom index.

Yes this is what Public and Gov run education has produced  but their not the only  Problem it's parents as well or should i say the lack of parenting both  are so self oriented  with their carriers and Jobs trying to get the false reality Dream  that  e_ toy companies promiess  and that the Boob tube tells them that they just have to have  to lead the good life and a life of shear leisure  and all that coast a fortune  and it has been at the grave expense of the children  !!.

John,

You are correct. 

I thank God every day that I had parents that were both Christian and strong leaders. I learned early that when one of them said, "Son, do what I say," I had better do it or there would be serious ramifications. It helped me greatly when I joined the Navy. Made E-6 in just over 4 years and that helped me with where I am today. 

James

Thank you so much . It sounds like we both had good parents and i to  thank them  for the made me the man i am today their both gone to God but live in my heart every day,  I was luckey enough to have a stay at home mother , She supplied the Discipline, structure and   the morality of God and right from wrong and the golden rule !!. and my father  provided the Strap when needed. it gave me the tools to deal with real life  and taught me how to deal with failures and that they where just stumbling blocks that i just needed to work harder to be sucessful  it also helped me in the Army as well gave me the ability to deal with a lot of bad stuff and i also made rank pretty fast e-4 in 3 years which for the Army was pretty good at that time . had to work your butt off  !. I think you know what i mean  But having said that  i'll close with thank God for Good Parents !!.

Remember Mother of the 60's when Dr. Spock was the best pediatrician and recommended us never to punish our children, and to boost their moral in everything?  That led to the 2nd generation, the millennials, good for nothing snowflakes.

Maria,

How true that is. 

A little story that is true. When I was 15, back in the fifties, I back talked my mom. She simply said, you will deal with your father when he gets home. He worked the second shift and when he got home at 11:30 PM, he came to my bed, shook me and said get up. I got up and he said follow me. I did. We went outside and he looked me in the eye and said, "I hear you back talked your mother today and said did you?" 

Before I could say a word, he punched square in the nose, which knocked me to the ground. He then jumped on me and said, "You going to back talk her again?" I kept saying NO. He hit me in the nose several times and got up and said, "Now go apologize to your mother and go back to bed." I did. 

The moral to this is, although nowadays that would have sent him to jail, I thank my mother and MY dad for what he did. It taught me to NEVER disrespect them again. And at the same time not to think I was something I was not. 

Say what you will, but my dad was a PARENT and taught me how to be a man. I love him for that and will always love my mother and dad for "teaching me life." 

They both have now been gone for over 25 years and I still love them and miss them.  

I smarted off to my Mom ....once....she slapped the sh*t out of me.

Jea9, LOL , and Ditto !!

Like the Bible says....

and it appears to work!! :))

These millennials should follow our lead. We do not complain but take responsibility for our own lives. When we don't get ahead in life we try to better ourselves and work harder instead of blaming the "system", government, NWO, or anything else for that matter. Why can't these lazy millennials take responsibility? What's wrong with these youngsters? How are they not following the lead of us hard-working parents? - Btw, Not all millennials are like that. I don't have that problem with my kids.

I don't care WHAT they need.  I am sick of footing the bill for this generation of lazy parasites

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service