Cleveland Dem Fudge: Acquittal in police shooting case a ‘stunning setback’

Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) is criticizing a judge’s decision to acquit a Cleveland police officer in a 2012 police shooting case involving an unarmed black couple, calling officers’ actions “extreme, excessive, and unnecessary.”

“The decision of Judge John P. O’Donnell to acquit Officer Michael Brelo is a stunning setback on the road to justice for Timothy Russell, Malissa Williams and the people of Cleveland,” Fudge said in a statement. “The verdict is another chilling reminder of a broken relationship between the Cleveland Police Department and the community it serves. Today we have been told – yet again – our lives have no value.”

Officer Michael Brelo, 31, was found not guilty of voluntary manslaughter and other lesser charges on Saturday in the deaths of Russell and Williams. Brelo was among the officers who fired at Russell and Williams’ car during a chase and later climbed onto the hood of the car and fired at its occupants after the chase ended.

The Department of Justice has announced that it will review the testimony and evidence from Brelo’s trial to determine “what, if any, additional steps are available.”

The Brelo verdict sparked protests that stretched into Saturday night. Several arrests were reported by local media outlets.

read more:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/243033-cleveland-d...

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something like 35 black on black shootings/deaths in Chicago last weekend?  Where's the outrage?  Do those lives not matter or is it just the ones politicians, the media and the usual race s*#+t stirrers pick to use to their ends.   Glad to see the DOJ (J?) getting involved again.  Think they can turn this, old as it may be, into riots too.  Bet the "good reverend" (reverend? really?) and rent a riot gang is on its way.........

Reporting black on black crime increases is not good support for Obama and his drug laden open borders and Fast and Furious! We see the true bias of Liberal media when all media reported a three fold increase in inner city illegal drugs but Liberal media REFUSED to tell us why!!!

Telling the facts does not increase racial division, which Liberal media seems bent on supporting!!!

africa.

WHAT IS GOD SAYING ABOUT ALL THIS...

"Faithful people are gone from the earth, and no one is decent. All people lie in ambush to commit murder. They trap each other with nets. Their hands are skilled in doing evil. Officials ask for gifts. Judges accept bribes. Powerful people dictate what they want. So they scheme together. The best of them is like a briar. The most decent person is sharper than thornbushes. The day you thought you would be punished has come. Now is the time you will be confused. Don't trust your neighbors. Don't have confidence in your friends. Keep your mouth shut even when a woman is lying in your arms. A son treats his father with contempt. A daughter rebels against her mother. A daughter-in-law rebels against her mother-in-law. People's enemies are the members of their own families. I will look to the LORD. I will wait for God to save me. I will wait for my God to listen to me." 
(Mic 7:2-7 GW)

Marcia Fudge is a useless bag of wind, and a racist!

I listened to the judge explain how he came to the conclusion he did, and anyone listening with an open mind would say he was correct! This is not about justice for the blacks but the crucifying of cops over punishing the thugs.

The majority of those protesters arrested in Cleveland overnight already have records! It is a huge criminal element who is protesting, and in Cleveland they are treating them like cattle, and if they step out of line they are arresting them....as it should be!

There is a long list of names who were paid ($800-2500) by Soros to protest in other cities. Sharpton is coming to town.....bringing T-shirts I assume. He too needs to be arrested! 

That officer should never were a police uniform again nor carry a gun i would never want him to pull over any of my family. IT IS NOT HIS JOB TO PUNISH.

The cop did not punish...he was doing what needed to be done to protect himself and the other cops supplied with the information they had. Listen to the lengthy explanation of the judge, and you too will see why he HAD to make the decision he made......he was correct!
This was not a BAD cop, he reacted to the situation presented by the two who led them on a chase that was over 100 miles per hour. If you run from the cops they will assume (and they should) that you are up to something, as if you reach for a gun they will assume you will shoot!
Every cop has the right to defend his own life and go home to his family.

There is nothing worse then a bad cop.

Anyone who heard the verdict and the reasoning for it knew the judge made the right decision. Fudge is pissed because she is a racist black jerk, she wants her name in print even if for no good reason. Publicity of any kind is better than none at all.......for a politician in a black district.

Well, I disagree, there is something worse than a bad cop, it is your wasted liberal mind!!!!!!!!!

A set back for Black Racist, Black Race Baiters, and Black Criminals.  If the facts support the acquittal, then that is the verdict.  What do you have to say about the Career Black criminal in DC who murdered a white family of 4 in cold blood.  I don't see white out in the streets vandalizing local business', car and hurting people.  I don't see them rioting.  I don't see them being racists on TV.  The Black career criminal stole their stuff and thought he was above the law like Obama.  Well no one is above the law in blatant crimes of these types predicated on race, or just plain racial arrogance and perceived "entitlement".  The courts make the facts review and render a judgment and that is what we all live with in a civil society.  If you want a black racist court go to South Africa or Congo.  I'm sure you will find them there and the violence and racist injustice they do to people is much like the black racist and street gangs in the US cities.  It will stop. 

Lance,

I'm in Cleveland, we sat and watched as the judge explained for about 30 minutes every aspect of the situation. There was NO WAY to determine which of the several FATAL shots (delivered within 15 seconds) was first, which one actually killed the two. They came from different guns. The situation, the information the cops had was such that it justified the shooting. The judge also announced innocent by name each and all the cops at the site.....and rightly so.
These were not bad cops....this was a bad situation caused by two crazy idiots, endangering the lives of all the people on the streets during the chase!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

SICK: Anderson Cooper Says Demographic Decline Of White Americans Is “Exciting”

“It’s an exciting evolution.”

Embedded video

[Click To Watch]

CNN’s Anderson Cooper said during an interview with Univision anchor Jorge Ramos that he found the demographic decline of white people “exciting”.

“The idea that, you know, whites will not be the majority, I mean, that’s — it’s an exciting transformation of the country, it’s an exciting evolution and you know, progress of our country in many different ways,” said Cooper.

Ramos agreed that whites becoming a minority in America was inevitable and a positive development.

The Judge@V8POW

Anderson Cooper barely able to contain his excitement about Whites becoming a minority.

Not thrilled about being replaced in the country your ancestors founded: you're a "Supremacist"

Understand White People, you're already in a race war.

“There’s nothing really they can do against this incredible demographic revolution. And in 2044, everyone is going to be a minority,” he said.

The media has repeatedly asserted that even raising the “conspiracy theory” of “the great replacement” or the demographic decline of white people puts you on a par with mass shooters and terrorists.

However, it’s apparently completely fine to talk about the issue so long as you proclaim the demographic decline of whites to be a positive thing.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service