Two thousand years ago, a baby was born in a stable. The stable was in a small town that was part of a defeated nation occupied by the nation of Rome. The nation was Israel, the town was Bethlehem, and the baby’s name was Jesus. Over two thousand years later, people all over the world still celebrate His birth… but why?

The Bible tells us that Jesus was not an ordinary baby. In fact, this baby was the God of the universe clothed in human flesh. That’s right. Jesus is actually God, in human flesh, who came to this earth because mankind had been separated from Him by their sin. Jesus became a man so that He could reunite mankind with God.

We all know that we are not perfect. But did you know that one day we will all stand before a righteous God and give an account for our lives? In that moment, we will either be sentenced to Heaven or Hell. Today, we can be sure that we are going to Heaven because of what Jesus Christ did for us.

Jesus Christ paid the penalty for our sins by dying on the cross. Three days later, He rose from the dead—proving that He is God (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). He now offers free access into Heaven to all who trust in Him and believe in His death, burial, and resurrection (Romans 10:13). That’s why He came and that’s why we now celebrate His birth at Christmas—because “while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Christmas is all about Jesus Christ. He came to this earth, was born, lived, and died in order to make a way for you to get to Heaven. If you’ll admit your need for Him and ask Him to give you eternal life, you can be sure of Heaven today.

You can pray in words like these-

“Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that You are God and that You died to pay for my sins. I believe that You rose from the dead, proving You are God. Right now, in the best way I know how, I ask You to be my Lord, my Savior, and my God. Thank You, Jesus, for dying for me. Help me now to live for You. Amen.”

-Dave Teis: https://www.crossway.org/tracts/what-christmas-is-all-about-2757/

Christmas 1950 To 2017- Vimeo

Views: 143

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Merry Christmas,

LOL Tif

I hope everyone has a wonderful time celebrating the birthday of Jesus. Merry Christmas to all of you.

The Lord has given us a Second Chance, and we had best bow before him, denounce Satan, and live as real Christians. Christmas is a time we stress giving and kindness, but, we should make these things we do all year long.  Merry, Merry Christmas to all, give thanks to God for our miracles, and be grateful for all you have.

Merry Christmas to all. Agree with Jo. Christians need to wake up and open their mouths.

This country kills babies and has attacked God's 1st covenant, that of marriage. It is not ok to let liberals define everything any more. We must speak the word and tie it into our founding documents, and challenge the black-robed tyrants with fact and testimony.

Amen.

Amen Jea9

Merry Christmas... let us remember the reason for the season is CHRIST and not Snoopy or some other generic or alternative theme, for celebrating the season.

A little leaven, leavens the whole lump... A little dissimilation here a little there, and soon the underlying reason for celebrating Christmas is lost in a sea of myth and false constructs, leading our children to celebrate Christmas for all the wrong reasons.

Hope all had a very nice Christmas and New Year, but its time to move on again, so I will close this discussion.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

Deep State Treason:  Former State Dept. Official Under Trump Tells China To Quit Negotiating Until Trump Is Removed In 2020

Deep state traitors no longer hide their deep hatred for the American people —

Mrs. Susan Thornton, the former acting assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration, told her Beijing audience to stop negotiating until President Trump is removed from office in 2020.

Until July 2018, she was Acting Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs at the Department of State and led East Asia policy making amid crises with North Korea, escalating trade tensions with China, and a fast-changing international environment.

The Conservative Treehouse and The South China Morning News reported:

A former official in the Trump administration has said that China can weather the storm brought by the trade war with the United States but might have to “keep steady, keep their heads down and wait” for change in the White House.

Susan Thornton, former acting assistant secretary of state to US President Donald Trump, told a gathering in Shanghai on Wednesday that she hoped a trade deal between the US and China could be concluded by next month.

But the reality was that it would “take a while” for China and the US to talk about cooperation again, Thornton, who in 20 years rose to become the US State Department’s chief negotiator for East Asia and Pacific affairs, told the South China Morning Post.

“I want to be optimistic,” said Thornton, whose 27-year career in Washington ended in July. “I tell all our foreign counterparts they should keep steady, keep their heads down and wait. [They should] try to not let anything change dramatically.”

“If this sceptical attitude towards talking diplomacy continues in this administration, you might have to wait till another administration,” Thornton said at an event held by National Committee of US-China relations and Shanghai’s American Chamber.

Embedded video
EAP Bureau    @USAsiaPacific

Acting Asst. Sec. Susan Thornton and EAP team en route to her nomination hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee! 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service