STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) — A Texas jury has rejected the insanity defense of a former Marine in the deaths of famed "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man.

After a two-week trial in which jurors heard testimony about defendant Eddie Ray Routh's erratic behavior, including statements about anarchy, the apocalypse and pig-human hybrids, they convicted Routh Tuesday night in the deaths of Kyle and Chad Littlefield at a Texas shooting range two years ago.

Routh showed no reaction as a judge sentenced him to life in prison without parole, an automatic sentence since prosecutors didn't seek the death penalty in the capital murder case. As one of his victim's siblings called him an "American disgrace" shortly after, Routh looked back at the man intensely but didn't react otherwise.

The verdict capped an emotional trial in which prosecutors painted the 27-year-old as a troubled drug user who knew right from wrong, despite any mental illnesses. Defense attorneys said he suffered from schizophrenia and was suffering a psychotic episode at the time of the shootings. While trial testimony and evidence often included Routh making odd statements and referring to insanity, he also confessed several times, apologized for the crimes and tried to evade police after the crime.

"You took the lives of two heroes, men who tried to be a friend to you," Chad Littlefield's half-brother Jerry Richardson told Routh after the verdict. "And you became an American disgrace."

Routh's trial drew intense interest, in part because of the blockbuster film based on former Navy SEAL Kyle's memoir about his four tours in Iraq.

read more here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ex-marine-convicted-in-sniper-t...

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now the lawyers will grab as much money as they can filing appeals stating the prejudice of the jury because of the movie "American Sniper".  The late Chris Kyle will be portrayed as the villain whose death sent this poor sick man to prison.  150 years ago it would not have taken 2 years to get to trial.  Justice would have been swift and permanent.  Too bad the death penalty wasn't in play. 

Now where is the rope and nearest tree? What their aint none? So we have to pay for this guys crossbar motel stay, healthcare, pyschology care, sex-change care and counselling, his book; then movie. for eighty years. What happened in old America when you MURDERED two people like this?

ROUTH IS A MEAN , HATEFUL INDIVIDUAL . TOO BAD THEY TOOK THE DEATH PENALTY OFF THE TABLE .

This will depend on what prison because Liberals will want him protected from honorable Americans that made mistakes!

I'll bet Routh was on psych drugs. Check out this documentary exposing the cause of military's 22 suicides A DAY and who's cashing in on them. Ya think?...Semper Fi Nam 66-67

This can be totally true. Just as our ADHD drugs are to support the Pharm industry and ignore most of this if from excessive sugar and hypoglycemia! Out children at risk!

We have so many reports of drugs causing so many illegal acts and Feds refuse to support no payday from the industry if they tell the truth! It is not just in the US but all over the world!

Example: I was in the Philippines where my Father-in-Law was taken for a stint operation. I saw a flier that supported drug medication for ADHD. I saw a nurse and told her it is sugar and hypoglycemia and it needs a diet and not drugs! She shook her head and I said I know and have the facts! Surely this is not always the case, but is 90% of the time! We should note that sugar nations have many on these drugs where parents insisting on healthy diets, there almost no ADHD. 

The UN attests to this with their kidnapping of Malaysian and Filipino children for organ transplants and sex trade.. gee.. I wonder were Bill Clinton is going with his convicted child sexual abuser. We are told an island!

That's step one. Now find out who in the Government hired the bastard - before he gets accidentally shot in the back of the head.

Why? It would be covered up just as Benghazi and the Obama Administation would refuse files and computers used by them for a year or more. Liberal media will attack those that are trying to investigate it and deny the lies of their treasonous Demoncrats!

He murdered Chris Kyle for the reward that was on Chris' head by the Terrorist's.  He will continue his Islamic faith once in prison.  Check his family's bank accounts and see what he was actually paid, I'm sure there will be a monumental Appeal that will exonerate him from his Prison Sentence. I also suspect there will be a very strong presence of Executive Department interest in his freedom.  We'll see...

Hope he gets raped every day in prison

Lets face folks, Obama killed Bin Laden. Shortly after, Seal Team Six was flown in antiquated helicopters above enemy territory, against all protocol for men of their elite standing. They all died. Benghazi, Iraq pull-out, Afghanistan draw down, Muslim Brotherhood in the WH and MSM, I have suspicions that ANY American War Hero would meet the same end. I believe that the Corruption IN the Highest Office in the Land, had something to do with it. Anyone who doesn't question Obama's involvement...IS IGNORANT!!

They do not want to cross that line of death and life, although Liberals do this all the time by supporting to the max, the sucking of innocent babies brains from their skulls!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Gary VarvelPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

SICK: Leprosy On The Rise In Los Angeles 

Ahh, the joys of open borders and Democrat leadership.

California is not just a public toilet but now there is evidence that leprosy is on the rise in Los Angeles County.

Barack Obama changed US law in 2016 and allowed immigrants with blistering STDs and leprosy to migrate to the US.

Medscape reported:

Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is rarely seen in the United States, but cases continue to emerge in Los Angeles County, a new report says.

“Hansen’s disease still exists, and we need to educate medical students and physicians,” coauthor Dr. Maria Teresa Ochoa from Keck Medical Center of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, told Reuters Health by email.

Dr. Ochoa and colleagues identified 187 patients with the disease in a review of medical records from their leprosy clinic spanning 1973 to 2018. Most patients were Latino, originating from Mexico, and they experienced a median delay in diagnosis of more than three years, the team reports JAMA Dermatology, online August 7.

Multibacillary leprosy (MB) cases outnumbered paucibacillary leprosy (PB) cases by nearly eight to one (88.6% vs. 11.4%, respectively), and Latino patients were more likely than non-Latino patients to have MB, as were patients from Central or South America (versus other regions).

Most patients (80.7%) received multidrug therapy, and most (92.6%) received antibiotics for more than two years, especially if they had MB.

Only about half of patients (56.7%) had World Health Organization (WHO) grade 0 disability (no signs or symptoms suggestive of leprosy or disability) at the one-year follow-up, whereas 16.0% had grade 1 disability (loss of protective sensation) and 26.2% had grade 2 disability (visible deformity) at the last follow-up.

Among the patients who lost protective sensation, 87.7% (50/57) did not regain it following therapy.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service