CA Gov. Jerry Brown Asks Trump For Fed Funds To Cleanup Storm Damage

Image result for jerry brown moonbeam brown
Gov. Jerry Brown asked President Donald Trump for federal funds Friday night to clean up damage a series of deadly storms cused last month that helped end California’s long drought.

Brown is asking the White House for $162 million in federal aid  to contend with storms that caused flash floods, power outages, and damage to various state-funded projects.

An “atmospheric river storm system” that unleashed days of “relentless heavy precipitation” caused the damage, the California Democrat wrote in a letter to Trump.

“The impacts associated with this series of storms were substantial and widespread, devastating much of California,” the letter reads.

Brown declared a state of emergency Jan. 23 in 49 counties of California’s 58 counties. He added three more counties to that tally Friday: Amador, Mono and Riverside.

The state’s second-largest reservoir — at nearly 100 percent capacity — is on the verge of bursting its banks after officials cut down use of the Oroville Dam out of concern the structurally weak dam could rupture.

The governor’s prickly relationship with the new commander-in-chief could hamper the funds. Their disagreements stem mostly from Trump’s temporary immigration ban and from his stance on global warming. The governor vowed to maintain California’s sanctuary state status.

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/11/gov-jerry-brown-asks-trump-for-fe...

Views: 1774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The money would be used to rebuild Berkeley and fund illegal invaders.

I don't think Trump will be fooled!

Hey we can deal with the water but please remove the communist rat bastard Jerry Brown!!! 

HEY "GOVERNOR MOONBEAM".........YOU WANT YOUR BROKEN RESERVOIR CLEANED UP/REPAIRED ??????...GO GET YOUR 15 MILLION "ILLEGAL ALIENS"/PARASITES/LEECHES,  IN KALIFORNIA/MEXIFORNIA/COMMIEFORNIA  TO DO THE REPAIR/CLEAN UP WORK !!!!!..YOU POS !!!!!!

Now that is the best Idea I have heard yet  Put those illegals to work on the wall also ..

Bring back chain gangs and HARD labor.....make prison a place you do NOT want to return to--no free tv, conjugal visits, sex-change operations.

Related image

LIKE THIS !  YOU HAVE A GOOD IDEA !

Great idea, instead of Country Clubs, we finance, put them to work, they deserve nothing!

What an insult, this idiot should get nothing not one penny.

Yes get it from the wonderful people in your state, you all support this so fund it.  The rest of the country is sick of you all.  Go to your supporters in HOLLYWOOD I am sure they will assist Such caring people.

We are sick of you all adding nothing to society but deceit and propaganda.

Get take the money you put assigned to sue the Trump administration from the traitor Holder or maybe George Soros will also help you.

The American people are sick of your corruption and using our money to destroy us and our country!!!!.  Who the hell are you????

Great idea!

In the land of fruits and nuts, we he in the San Joaquin Valley try our best to keep the fruits from the nuts. We are outnumbered, but have right on our side.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service