Border agent says Department of Homeland Security is manipulating stats to make the border look more secure

A federal border agent said Tuesday that the Department of Homeland Security is manipulating border statistics to make it appear as if the border is secure, but said in reality that the border is not secure, and that border agents fail to capture as many as two-thirds of all illegal aliens who try to cross into the United States.

“I want to be crystal clear – the border is not secure,” said border agent Chris Cabrera in prepared testimony before the Senate Homeland Security Committee on Tuesday. Cabrera was also speaking on behalf of the National Border Patrol Council.

“That is not just my opinion or the position of the NBPC,” he said. “Ask any line agent in the field and he or she will tell you that at best we apprehend 35 to 40 percent of the illegal immigrants attempting to cross. This number is even lower for drug smugglers who are much more adept at eluding capture.”

Cabrera said he understands that DHS tells Congress all the time that the border is secure, and that DHS stats show that the department is successful in apprehending illegal border crossers 75 percent of the time. But he said those numbers relect an ongoing effort to “manipulate the statistics,” and he gave a few examples.

First, he noted that years ago, if 20 sets of footprints were found, border agents would start looking for 20 illegal immigrants. But he said today, those numbers are being fudged.

Read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/17/border-agent-accuses-dhs...

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Obama has his fingers in every aspect of our national branches of government. His campaign of ( lets kill America campaign ),  doesn't seen to affect our GOP leaders whatsoever. Their idea of combating Obama is to do nothing, and let the American people suffer through it alone until the next presidential election. Why would they care, they have a job. We need a conservative president like president Reagan to combat this hypocrisy.  

So sorry Jeffrey S Davis, it's not that the GOP is doing 'nothing' to stop what Obama is doing.  It's that the RINO GOP is actively enabling him to do what he is doing at every turn.

And you're right we need a conservative Potus.  But a conservative Potus isn't enough.  We need to hold our Oath traitor would be Dicktators to a higher standard.

And when they refuse to obey the oaths they took when they took office, then we throw them out.

Hopefully it's not already too late to do that.

Debra, sorry to let you in on this.  But, it is way past hoping to throw them out!  If you still think voting is the answer?  You are sooo wrong! 

Debra... You are correct... " it's not that the GOP is doing 'nothing' to stop what Obama is doing."  No, the GOP is, in fact, enabling and assisting Obama, to fundamentally transform our Nation.  Boehner and McConnell are carrying Obama's water... they both refuse to IMPEACH Obama for a host of serious crimes; they refuse to use the power of the purse, to defund Obama's illegal programs, running by Executive Order.  The GOP leadership has not act to shut down Obama Care thru the power of the purse and the list goes on and on.

Need I remind you... that Sen. Reid killed the right of the minority to filibuster or too offer Amendments to Bills on the floor (recall the Nuclear Option)... The result was the complete neutering of the GOP and the power of the minority to shut down Sen. Reid and Obama's Administration.

However, as soon as McConnell became the Majority Leader in the US Senate he restored those power of the minority to filibuster and offer amendments on the floor... resulting in the filibuster of nearly every bill offered by the GOP in the Senate. WHY, would McConnell do such a thing? Could it be because he and the GOP leadership is willingly carrying Obama's and the Democrats water... enabling the minority party and Pres. Obama to continue with the fundamental transformation of America?

The GOP is hardly operating as an opposition party... they are not just bipartisan, they have become the 'new partisan wing' of the Democrat Party in both Houses of Congress.   We no longer have a two party system... we have a coalition party, comprised of members from both major party's, a new world order.

Precisely!  And yes I knew about Reid's 'senate reform' aka the 'nuclear option'.  McConnell is as much a oath traitor as Boehner.

' How long have i known about this? ' ' Why just today, watching the news, i heard it for the first time.' ' I learned about it the same time (way) the folks did.'  Learned it?' What does that mean? Learned it? Is our little Barry not being told the truth because he's a black muslim? Those racist bastardly Republicans-nasty tea Party rednecks? As a true nedneck, ' i say, put a round (or two) in it.'

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

C o r o n a V i r u s

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service