Bobby Jindal: ‘America Didn’t Create Religious Liberty. Religious Liberty Created America.’

Havilah Steinman

March 30, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.) singled out President Obama as an impediment to economic growth and a threat to Americans’ freedom.

“This president has tried to trample on our Second Amendment rights, now he’s going after our First Amendment rights,” Jindal said in an exclusive interview with The Foundry. “I think that’s a very dangerous thing.”

Days after the U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments in two religious liberty cases challenging an Obamacare mandate, Jindal said he found the government’s actions troubling.

“America didn’t create religious liberty. Religious liberty created America,” he said. “It’s very dangerous for the federal government to presume they know better.”

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/03/30/bobby-jindal-america-didnt-crea...

Views: 476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Reverend, you seem to be enjoying exposing my "propaganda!" I hope you think radical Islam is a bigger threat than us papists. I was even critical of my own Church in the article, but Jesus made that promise....

Seriously - thanks for your comments - I'd rather respondents were cold or hot - it's those lukewarm folks who just spout epithets about people they don't like that bug me.

You are right about persecution and subjugation of Catholics in the colonies. I'll never forget the time my girlfriend from U/Illinois took me home to meet her Little Rock native Southern Methodist family. When Mom learned I was Catholic, she hugged the wall to stay as far away from me as possible. It was funny watching her climb the stairs sideways!

As for the Carroll's owning property, I believe you can visit the Charles Carroll House even today.

http://charlescarrollhouse.org/learn/catholic-history   The Wikipedia quote and links (word for word) referred to Carroll as a "planter." The implication is as the owner of a plantation - I suppose he could have been a sharecropper.

There's strong evidence that William Shakespeare was a Roman Catholic - reason to lop off his head in Henry's England. That he was so talented, his beliefs were ignored for royal convenience. Perhaps the Carroll's having escaped the persecution of the English had much to offer Washington and other founding fathers.

Are you saying the Carroll's didn't have a hand in the Articles of Confederation, the Constitution and close friendship with George Washington?

Obama is a putz.

Wow that is very profound and very true...good for Mr. Jindal!!   How is it that some peoples of various backgrounds 'get it' as to what America and faith in God is about...yet, so many do not?   Just goes to shoe that it takes us all and those that play the race card or the Muslim card or any other rubbish is just not one of us!

We did not say, 'out of many; One', for no reason!...It meant ALL were to join in and stand for the nation and freedom and if that is not what they want then they need no t come here.   If it had been up to us, not the French I doubt that saying on the base of the Statue of liberty would be there ...you know the one about giving us the worlds 'huddled masses'.....no we would have said apply, learn and become one with us for liberty, freedom and faith! Most came for that reason, but many came to ruin that and that is what we have to fight against right NOW!  We have to take back this nation or she is lost and so are we.....the Lord will judge us harsher because we have know the truth and the difference and yet so many have turned away into the destruction of all we are.....God for give them for I shall not!  I have too hard a time tolerating stupid people who so what they do on purpose!

AMEN to Bobby Jindal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.  Power, true power, is parity between force and wisdom.  The Constitution was borne of wisdom and backed itself with the 2nd.  Communism uses its force to kill wisdom...Semper Fi Nam 66-67

A great American.... Impeach traitor Obama and dump boehner ASAP
Amen!

Our Governor is not that dark looking. He has much lighter skin.

Bobby Jindal is another of our heroes.  Thank you Bobby for speaking truth to lies and deception.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service