Bitter Never-Trump George Will: A Most Dreadful Inaugural Address

Image result for george will memeTwenty minutes into his presidency, Donald Trump, who is always claiming to have made, or to be about to make, astonishing history, had done so. Living down to expectations, he had delivered the most dreadful inaugural address in history.

Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s White House counselor, had promised that the speech would be “elegant.” This is not the adjective that came to mind as he described “American carnage.” That was a phrase the likes of which has never hitherto been spoken at an inauguration.

Oblivious to the moment and the setting, the always remarkable Trump proved that something dystopian can be strangely exhilarating: In what should have been a civic liturgy serving national unity and confidence, he vindicated his severest critics by serving up reheated campaign rhetoric about “rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape” and an education system producing students “deprived of all knowledge.” Yes, all.

But cheer up, because the carnage will vanish if we “follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American.” “Simple” is the right word.

Because in 1981 the inauguration ceremony for a cheerful man from the American West was moved from the Capitol’s East Portico to its West Front, Trump stood facing west, down the Mall with its stately monuments celebrating some of those who made America great — Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. Looking out toward where the fields of the republic roll on, Trump, a Gatsby for our time, said: “What truly matters is not which party controls our government but whether our government is controlled by the people.” Well.

I wouldn't read more of this bitterness but if you feel you must:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444077/donald-trump-inaugural...

Views: 674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aren't they just.......interchangeable?

Barry gets to dress up like a girl and Michael, I mean Michele removes her cup and lets it all hang out . . . . 

I do not even want to know !!!

Now I have the idea stuck in my head!!!                :)

Can somebody explain to me.....why so many people in OTHER countries think Trump is going to violate people's rights?   WTH?????   At least there are a few who can see Trump for what he is....like whoever hired this skywriter to troll the march in Australia   ;o))

Skywriter Trolls Anti-Trump #WomensMarch in Sydney

www.dcclothesline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/588394e1c46188251c..." alt="" width="474" height="263"/>

The era of the sh*tlord is upon us!

From RT:

Skywriters emblazoned “Trump” high in the sky over a sunny Sydney as approximately 10,000 people took part in a march in support of women’s rights.

The Sydney march was part of a worldwide series of demonstrations calling for the protection of civil liberties in the wake of Donald Trump’s inauguration as president of the United States. Well over one million people around the world attended marches, with the largest taking place in Washington, DC.

Oh the irony. Women, men and children marching through the streets of #Sydney and #Trump appears in the sky #womensmarch#womensmarchsydney

In an antagonistic move, a Trump supporter in Sydney paid a skywriting company to print the new US president’s name high in the sky as demonstrators marched below.

The job was carried out by Skywriting Australia at a cost of $4,000. A spokesperson for the company told The Guardian that the clients, who wanted to remain anonymous, specifically wanted the message to appear during the Women’s March.

These leftists still think they’re dealing with “conservatives.”

We have sh*tlords dropping $4,000 just to troll them.

There are no brakes on this train!

www.informationliberation.com/files/6b6c2e7cca6f4b71b13acf426212dde..." border="1" width="495" height="461"/>

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2017/01/22/skywriter-trolls-anti-trump...

The LEFT are your culprits and ANY useful idiots they manage to CON along the way.

On the other hand, Hindis in India said this:

Only TRUMP! can save humanity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/11/right-...

They're going to have to fumigate the WH now that the filth & scum has been pushed out. Or has that already been done.

I've said since Trump began his bid for The Presidency that were he to get elected he should very publically TENT the entire WH and fumigate it for the benefit of the people and the Public Statement it would make to the world.  YES !!!   www.TRUMPcommunications.com

George Will is no longer on the Fox News Channel payroll.

Arrogant anti-Trump pundit FIRED!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3908774/anti-trump-pundit-george-will-fire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YGzXYSzzxE

ROFL!!

Image result for beatings will continue until morale improves

Yep! ...........and stay there.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service