Bill O'Reilly confronts Donald Trump: You can't 'deport people who have American citizenship'

Screen Shot 2015 08 19 at 7.40.45 AMFox News host Bill O'Reilly repeatedly challenged a key portion of Donald Trump's immigration agenda during an interview Tuesday night.

The real-estate magnate and Republican presidential candidate recently unveiled his multipart plan to clamp down on illegal immigration.

Among other things, Trump called for ending birthright citizenship, or the right of anyone born in the US to American citizenship.

As O'Reilly pointed out, however, the Constitution's 14th Amendment enshrines birthright citizenship into US law.

"That's not going to happen because the 14th Amendment says if you're born here, you're an American," O'Reilly said. "And you can't kick Americans out. The courts would block you at every turn. You must know all that."

Trump insisted that the Constitution did not grant citizenship to "anchor babies," a pejorative term used to describe the children of people who enter the country illegally with the purpose of having a son or daughter who would then be granted US citizenship.

"Bill, I think you're wrong about the 14th Amendment," Trump said. "And frankly, the whole thing with 'anchor babies' and the concept of 'anchor babies' — I don't think you're right about that."

O'Reilly was incredulous.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-oreilly-donald-trump-immigratio...

Views: 954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed on the point for citizenship. I'm not so concerned with those who have or are trying to get citizenship - those I prefer. Its the one's who care less and are here just to take advantage of the situation (welfare, etc) that I prefer to leave.

On the point of Jackson's trail of tears - I think that's an excellent suggestion. Although I too loath Jackson for his actions. To me he was every bit a tyrant of the times. Much like the current cur in office. However, I think such tactics can be used to help drive public opinion against such actions of POTUS and hopefully drive the means to stop it in the future (re COS or a responsible Congress).    

Great insight on the 14th amendment. I think this national debate will shape up to something quite pivotal. I am closely following Mark Levin on this. He had a former professor on his radio show the other day that gave a fascinating discussion on this topic. Unfortunately, I am afraid the current batch in Congress (save a few notables) are not up to the challenge - but I could be wrong. The forces of the current Chamber of Commerce (national level) appear to be quite formidable.

Try Natural Born Citizen for Dummies ! Liberals have been trying to connect the Fourteenth Amendment to Article ll Section 1 Clause 5 of the US Constitution for the last forty years or more . Also no were in the US Constitution does it say a non US Citizen can come to the US and give birth and the child becomes a US Citizen . The US Supreme Court overstepped their authority when making the ruling /law . The US Supreme cannot make law . Opinions Yes Laws NO ! Making laws is the responsibility of the US Congress ( We The People )

If you are a liberal (whatever the hell that really means) you offer confusion as an exercise in reasoning. That's what you do.

And, they have been quite successful in the confusion department because their fraternal twin (the republicans) are afraid to face the truth.

I am almost to the point where a full blown, no holds barred, constitutional convention should be held to rewrite the entire wad. If the constitution is that damned hard to understand then what good is it for the average bloke it supposedly serves to protect?

Protect from what? Government over reach? By lawyers? Courts? And Congress?

According to many the document was written only for "scholars" to comprehend, and then let us ignorant peons in on their discoveries. It is a mystery document, hidden, cloaked in language and meaning suitable only for Mensa members who have had adequate training at Harvard Law.

Aren't you proud? And gloriously thankful that we have a constitutional scholar acting as president?

All you gotta do is hop the fence, grunt out a kid in the dirt, and walla, another American citizen!! Easy, ain't it??

David
I am more concerned about the Moslem Refugees that Obama has opened the door to let in. Does anyone know, how many he has let in since he has been President? Where have they been relocated? Are the Government supporting them? Was the Children from South America a distraction while this was going on? Is Obama really a Moslem? He lies like he is.

Robert,

I have very much the same concerns about these people. I know that there have been some relocated to my state and are setting up a number of conclaves hear and there in the country side that should be of great concern.

We're already seeing the expected results of that Obama plan:

Judge seals file in Somali-Muslim suspects' murder trial

http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/judge-seals-file-in-somali-muslim-suspec...

My wife worked at a state prison.  She came home one night, PISSED! She was really mad! She had learned that the 177 illegals in the joint. Were getting S.S. Checks! Some getting TWO CHECKS! S.S. checks and S.S. Disability Checks! And the money was  sent to Mexico! They kept 25 dollars for their crap. And sent the rest off! People, THATS OUR MONEY!  

FAIR AND IMPARTIAL MEIN TOOKAS. FOX TEAMED UP WITH THE BUSHY WOOSHIES TO KILL TRUMP AT THE STARTING GATE. THE ENTIRE NETWORK WAS ORDERED TO GET TRUMP. SEE HILLARY'Y EMAIL DATED 60 DAYS BEFORE THE SET UP DEBATE.

TRUMP IS THE MAN. I CAUGHT HIM OM MOURNING JOE WHO I HATE AND HE HANDLED THAT INTERVIEW WITH PANACHE. WHEN HE GOT FINISHED THEY WERE LICKING HIS SHOES. THEN HE WENT ON MARIA BARTELEMOS FOX SHOW ALL THIS BEFORE 8:00 AM.

CHARLIE GASPERINO WHO ONCE SAID I HIT BELOW THE BELT BUT TRUST ME YOU DON'T WANT TO HIT TRUMP BELOW THE BELT. CHARLIE DID THAT AND TRUMP CALLED HIM TO TASK AND CHARLIE SWEATED LIKE A CANARY BEING INTERROGATED BY THE POLICE. WHEN TRUMP WAS FINISHED THERE WAS A MILD  BOOT LICKING SESSION.

HE IS VERY GOOD. HE GETS IN CLOSE DENYING HIS ENEMIES THE LONG SWORD KILL. THEN HE WINS THEM OVER. HE IS VERY GOOD. WATCH AND LEARN AND HE IS NOT A PHONY POLITICIAN OF WHICH WE NEED NO MORE.

VIVA EL TRUMPO. NOW THE RINOS ARE POOLING THEIR MONEY TO KILL HIM. AND HE PAYS NOTHING. HE GETS FREE PRESS. I SEE A WALL PAID FOR IN PESOS. O'REILLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE 14TH AMMENDMENT. THAT PIECE OF PAPER YOU WAVED IN SWEET ANDREA'S FACE WAS INSULTING. ANDREA GET WITH MARK LEVIN AND HE WILL SHOW  YOU HOW TO BEAT COMMUNISM.

SPIRIT OF AMERICA PARTY RADIO SHOW.COM ON TUNE IN RADIO.

I am sure that there is something that can be done.  This women are not coming here because they are being persecuted, they are coming here a few months or daysof their due date to give birth in the USA, is planned.    They haven't work in here neither they intend to.  Let them have the baby, give her some diapers and formula and send her back to her country where her boyfriend and her government can take care of her.  Otherwise is baby, after baby, with different men because  the more babies the more they receive.  This is costing the taxpayer's too much and it is an abuse on our people.

TALK TO MARK LEVIN HE IS THE EXPERT. O'REILLY IS NOT

FAIR AND IMPARTIAL MEIN TOOKAS. FOX TEAMED UP WITH THE BUSHY WOOSHIES TO KILL TRUMP AT THE STARTING GATE. THE ENTIRE NETWORK WAS ORDERED TO GET TRUMP. SEE HILLARY'S EMAIL DATED 60 DAYS BEFORE THE SET UP DEBATE.

TRUMP IS THE MAN. I CAUGHT HIM ON MOURNING JOE WHO I HATE AND HE HANDLED THAT INTERVIEW WITH PANACHE. WHEN HE GOT FINISHED THEY WERE LICKING HIS SHOES. THEN HE WENT ON MARIA BARTELEMOS FOX SHOW ALL THIS BEFORE 8:00 AM.

CHARLIE GASPARINO WHO ONCE SAID I HIT BELOW THE BELT BUT TRUST ME YOU DON'T WANT TO HIT TRUMP BELOW THE BELT. CHARLIE DID THAT AND TRUMP CALLED HIM TO TASK AND CHARLIE SWEATED LIKE A CANARY BEING INTERROGATED BY THE POLICE WITH THE LAMP ON.. WHEN TRUMP WAS FINISHED THERE WAS A MILD  BOOT LICKING SESSION.

HE IS VERY GOOD. HE GETS IN CLOSE DENYING HIS ENEMIES THE LONG SWORD KILL. THEN HE WINS THEM OVER. HE IS EL TRUMPO THE ZORRO OF NEW YORK.. WATCH AND LEARN AND HE IS NOT A PHONY POLITICIAN OF WHICH WE NEED NO MORE.

VIVA EL TRUMPO. NOW THE RINOS ARE POOLING THEIR MONEY TO KILL HIM. AND HE PAYS NOTHING. HE GETS FREE PRESS. I SEE A WALL PAID FOR IN PESOS. O'REILLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE 14TH AMENDMENT. THAT PIECE OF PAPER YOU WAVED IN SWEET ANDREA'S FACE WAS INSULTING. ANDREA GET WITH MARK LEVIN AND HE WILL SHOW  YOU HOW TO BEAT COMMUNISM.

SPIRIT OF AMERICA PARTY RADIO SHOW.COM ON TUNE IN RADIO.

Did everyone catch Bill's last jab ( he tried to make it look like a joke ) at Trump at the end of his interview?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service