Bill O'Reilly confronts Donald Trump: You can't 'deport people who have American citizenship'

Screen Shot 2015 08 19 at 7.40.45 AMFox News host Bill O'Reilly repeatedly challenged a key portion of Donald Trump's immigration agenda during an interview Tuesday night.

The real-estate magnate and Republican presidential candidate recently unveiled his multipart plan to clamp down on illegal immigration.

Among other things, Trump called for ending birthright citizenship, or the right of anyone born in the US to American citizenship.

As O'Reilly pointed out, however, the Constitution's 14th Amendment enshrines birthright citizenship into US law.

"That's not going to happen because the 14th Amendment says if you're born here, you're an American," O'Reilly said. "And you can't kick Americans out. The courts would block you at every turn. You must know all that."

Trump insisted that the Constitution did not grant citizenship to "anchor babies," a pejorative term used to describe the children of people who enter the country illegally with the purpose of having a son or daughter who would then be granted US citizenship.

"Bill, I think you're wrong about the 14th Amendment," Trump said. "And frankly, the whole thing with 'anchor babies' and the concept of 'anchor babies' — I don't think you're right about that."

O'Reilly was incredulous.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-oreilly-donald-trump-immigratio...

Views: 954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not more than two weeks ago professor o'Reilly taught Trump to say McCain is a hero, a short time later professor megan tried to teach Trump some manners, and now o'Reilly wants legal anchor babies ...makes one wonder what country fox news is in ...al jazzeera sounds familiar.

Once again, O'Reilly only has half the facts, making up for that with BLUSTER.

Upon closer examination the actual words of the XIV Amendment, a review of history, the biased Supreme Court (ignored inconvenient facts), the law and the intentions of the XIV Amendment, O'Reilly may be eating one of his favorite Bluster Sandwiches!

Totally Agree with you Don , and everyone.

I don't care about laws at this point. I just want them to leave with their illegal families. Did Obama ever, ever, ever, ever, ever care about the law and the Constitution? He did what he wanted to do. To undo Obama, it is going to take a lot of moxie - and that is why WE LOVE TRUMP!

BILL OREILLY IS FULL OF CRAP !!!!!..........BACK IN  THE EARLY 1950'S....PRESIDENT DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER BEGAN "OPERATION WETBACK"...IN WHICH HE ROUNDED UP AND DEPORTED MULTITUDES OF ILLEGAL ALIENS IN AMERICA !!!!!......OF COURSE, PRESIDENT EISENHOWER, WAS A FORMER ARMY GENERAL, WHO LED THE D-DAY INVASION OF EUROPE !!!!!........EISENHOWER HAS GUTS, SPINE, COURAGE, AND "BIG BALLS" !!!!.......HE WAS ALSO A PATRIOT AND LOVED AMERICA !!!!.........GUYS LIKE EISENHOWER AND GENERAL GEORGE PATTON, AND OTHER AMERICAN HEROES......SIMPLY DON'T EXIST IN TODAY'S WORLD !!!!.........THAT IS WHY AMERICA IS DYING AND SOON TO BE RELEGATED TO THE "TRASH HEAP OF HISTORY" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it easy Ralph Caruso there are more of us who were around when Dwight D. Eisenhower was US President then you realize . I am the son of one of those World War ll veterans who fought with ( old blood and guts ) George Patton . You are correct not too many of those heros left today. But I would like to think there are enough of us patriots left to take back our Constitutional Republic . So hang in there and don't give up . 

Caution! You're about to enter the Liberal Spin Zone. The Facturd starts now! Billy O'Really is nothing but a bloviating pinhead who started to believe his own press a long time ago. He constantly tries to talk over guests on his show that are smarter than him especially if they're women. Notice when he has that idiot Juan Williams and the smart and lovely Mary Katherine Ham on. Between the Bloviator and Idiot she can't get a word in edge wise. Same goes when he has on Laura Ingraham or Kimberly Guilfoyle. Now I saw the interview that this chump had with Trump and he was dead wrong. Nowhere in the 14th Amendment does it confer US citizenship to illegal alien anchor babies. Now the Donald for his part couldn't quite get that fact across to big mouth O'Reilly but he didn't back down and let himself get talked over either. To bad the pinheaded host didn't debate this point to someone like Ted Cruz. The senator from the great state of Texas would've handed Billy his butt on the point. O'Reilly needs to go back on vacation and let either Eric Bolling or Ingraham sub for him.

Bill O'Reilly is a know it all and his opinions are not journalism, his job is to bring out the news not make it with his spin from the "No Spin Zone".

If the parents, one or both, are illegal? Give them the choice of taking the kid with them. Or foster home!

I have never heard that one by Hank. I like it & Lincoln would crap if he saw what was happening in this country today! Hopefully, Trump can pull this country out of the toilet that this administration has put us in! 

To Mr. O'Reilly,

Nobody is suggesting the 14th Amendment be repealed. Congress has full plenary power to define who is, and who isn't, subject to the jurisdiction. They did it before with Indians not taxed. They can simple state that ALL offspring born here of illegal aliens are not considered to be "subject to U.S jurisdiction" under the 14th Amendment.

But you are correct, those who have already received U.S. citizenship at birth, either correctly or incorrectly, cannot be deported as aliens. The goal of any responsible immigration reform at present is to institute changes in our immigration laws that would prevent yet another massive buildup of illegal aliens crossing our borders ten years down the road. Mr. Trumps is correct when he states removing the incentive of birthright citizenship will be a major step in that direction, if not the biggest step.

But, again, I have to ask, where is Sen Cruz on this important subject, and on the subject of Mr. Trump's H1-B proposal?  So far all I see is a tweet from a Bloomberg Politics reporter stating that Cruz supports changing the 14th Amendment, but with Cruz's tendency to use ambiguous language to conceal his true meaning, or to avoid committing himself; his statement could mean anything.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service