Attorney General Warns: Not Enough Federal Oversight of Election

Attorney General Loretta Lynch and top Justice Department political appointeesare warning that the upcoming federal election will not have enough federal oversight of state election officials. In recent remarks to the League of United Latin American Citizens, Lynch derided the threat to voting rights because the federal government no longer has the power to send hundreds of federal election observers into state polling sites to monitor state and local officials.

In 2013, the Supreme Court in Shelby County v. Holder struck down the 1965 coverage formula that put sixteen states under federal oversight. These oversight powers included the federal power to send swarms of federal observers into state polling locations to monitor state elections. Alaska, New York, and South Dakota were among the states with counties covered by the law.

The Supreme Court ruled in Shelby that the conditions in 1965 were no longer relevant to the extraordinary exercise of federal power over state elections in 2013.

But that hasn’t stopped Attorney General Loretta Lynch and other advocates from stoking paranoia by claiming the right to vote is endangered in the upcoming election without those observers. Reuters even adopted the sky-is-falling approach, presenting three-year-old news as news under the headline U.S. Curtails Federal Election Observers [!!].

Wade Henderson, president and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights -- a reliable source for chicken-little quotes about voting -- says the federal observers “play a critical role in protecting voting rights, especially for voters of color and others who have historically been vulnerable to rampant voting discrimination.” Because of the Supreme Court's decision in Shelby in 2013, he says, the right to vote is at risk in November without federal observers.

read more:

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2016/07/20/attorney-general-war...

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sir, we have, obviously, both been around the block a few times and have figured out "how it works"!  I'm not quite -- "quite" -- as quick to judge as I was twenty or thirty years ago, but my "batting average" has gone 'WAY up!

Mr. Gowdy obviously got "spooked" by something(s).  I love my [eight] children and [dozen -- so far] grandchildren, and I like to believe that I would "stand by my guns" were I in a position like that of Gowdy, Issa, Chaffetz, or Trump, regardless of threats being made.  May God grant that I never have to risk my progeny for my beliefs; but, if I do, that I will make the right decision.

Ed:

Courage, is a rare commodity today... honor even rarer.  The righteous man is not moved by intimidation or threats.. .nay, he is angered and becomes even more committed to stay the course.

Our nation's problems are primarily the result of a lack of righteous leadership... of men and women whose moral fiber lacks the character to make the hard choices or too stand on principal.  Without quality men and women of high moral character our nation will never recover... we must pray that God sends us such men and women, as nothing else will do.

Yup.

Now I sorta wonder where she has been when the black panthers intimidated people in Penna

A lot of people in PA Carry concealed firearms. If they fk with me I'll shoot them in the face!

This propaganda never ends. It is not the fed's business to step into any state election location. It is the state's business and the county's business and the people's business. Get the hell out. And yes, Christine, it means exactly what you are saying it means, that they will work to destroy our people's ballot choices.

This is ridiculous if anything the States need to provide greater supervision of their elections... too, ensure that local precincts don't report vote totals that are upwards of 147% of the registered voters, or Counties that report more votes than population, or voting precincts that report 100% of their votes being cast for one party only. 

We know for a fact that the Democrats are good at raising the dead on election day just in time to vote... that, prisoners vote absentee, from prison, against State Law... That illegal aliens are automatically being registered to vote, simply because they are issued a State Drivers License.  Citizens are being denied the right to open and fair elections by racist, bigoted, Marxist/Democrat ideology and compromised election officials.

History has shown that the US military has had their absentee ballots disqualified... by Democrat election judges, that Democrat election officials, have been caught with voting machines and ballot boxes in their trunks.. stuffed with questionable ballots.  Wholesale voter and election fraud are no stranger to the Democrat party; yet, this Democrat Administration opposes simple reforms that require photo ID as proof of Identity to vote.  Which party is engaged in wholesale voter fraud... most cases of reported voter fraud are brought against Democrats.

Joseph Staling once said.... it is only necessary that the people know an election has occurred... The voters decide nothing, it is those who count the votes who decide everything.  America's electoral system has been hacked and jacked... hi-jacked... by voter and election fraud.  The Citizen's of America no longer hold the franchise on our ballot boxes.

THIS CORRUPT TYRANNICAL & ROGUE GOVERNMENT UNDER BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS REALLY PROVOKING AMERICAN PATRIOTS TO CARRY OUT AN ARMED REVOLT AGAINST WASHINGTON D.C.!!!

We must not take up arms... the Obama Administration will declare Martial Law ... suspend Congress and the Courts, and begin a massive purge of Patriots from American society.  Obama operatives are agitating for revolution.  We must use the 'ballot boxes' of America and massive registered voter turn out, in such numbers, that the left can not possibly over come the people's vote thru fraud...

If upwards of 80% turn out... the left only has 20% of the electorate that they can manipulate... they have already been caught casting more votes than population in a county in Ohio and reporting 100% of ballots cast for one party in others. Those events are direct evidence of election and voter fraud. Wholesale attempts to rig the system are much more difficult when registered voter turn out is very high.  We must get our family and neighbors out to vote... Turn out must be upwards of 80% or more... That will make it very difficult to steal the election.

Don't forget 200,000 votes were LOST in Warren County with demo SOS, who "didn't have time" to find them.  They were never counted and Warren is STRONGLY conservative and R.

This person is suppose to be the top law officer in the US. Can you believe it?

Yes I can believe it... look where the LAW IS TODAY... It is in the gutter... and who is there with it?  That's right, the Attorney General and President.  The rule of law has been replaced by the arbitrary application of fiat law... issued thru executive order.

This Administration is ruling under the 'Color of Law' ... Law without the consent of the people.  Law imposed under the threat of force... compelling compliance... The law of Tyrants.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Obama Lies Again: – Ignores That The Year After Signing The Stimulus More Than (4) Million Jobs Were Lost

Former President Obama, the only President in US history who had his FBI and other Intel agencies spy on the opposition party candidate, claims that he created the great economy that Americans are enjoying today. The only thing Obama created was debt and massive job losses with his horrible economic recovery.

Yesterday the former President tweeted an effort to take credit for President Trump’s successful economy:

Joe Hoft@joehoft

Of course another @BarackObama lie. He can’t open his mouth without lying. 11 years ago the US lost (4.3) million jobs over the next 12 months. Horrible liar. https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1229432034650722304 

Barack Obama  @BarackObama

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

President Obama’s policies were a disgrace and a failure. He doubled the national debt in spite of zero interest rates from the Fed. His recovery was the worst in US history.

Also, Obama’s assertion is just plain false. The ‘Stimulus’ was passed in February 2009 right after Obama took over the Presidency. He promised to not pass any bills for at least a week to allow for the bills to be read by the people but lied as soon as he was sworn in. The Stimulus was hundreds and hundreds of pages of government handouts to Democrat districts and it was close to $1 million. This was not what America needed and it led to the Tea Party.

Far-left Wikipedia has this to say about the Stimulus:

Note that in his infinite wisdom, NYT economist Paul Krugman is credited with arguing that “the stimulus was far smaller than the economic crisis warranted”. (He also said the markets would crash and burn if President Trump was elected President.)

The data shows that the 12 months after Obama’s stimulus, the US lost 4.3 million jobs:

In Obama’s first three years he netted a loss of 1.5 million jobs compared to President Trump who has added more than 6.7 million jobs.

When it comes to the economy, the billionaire schools the community organizer every time.

Tucker: Bloomberg is trying to buy the election

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service