At Least $4.5 Billion in New Spending for Gun Control

By JIM SWIFT

President Obama and Vice President Biden revealed their proposed reforms intended to reduce firearms related violence.

The proposal contains a mix of executive actions, regulations, and calls for Congress to act legislatively. The total package will cost at least $4.5 billion in new spending.

Among the new spending the president proposed:

•                $4 billion for the president’s proposal “to help keep 15,000 cops on the streets in cities and towns across the country.” (That is roughly $266,000 per police officer.)

•                $20 million to “give states stronger incentives to make [relevant] data available [for background checks] … “$50 million for this purpose in FY2014”

•                 “$14 million to help train 14,000 more police officers and other public and private personnel to respond to active shooter situations.”

•                “$10 million for the Centers for Disease Control to conduct further research, including investigating the relationship between video games, media images, and violence

read more:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/least-45-billion-new-spending-g...

Views: 618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Obama reminds me of my wife--- every idea she has requires $$$$$--- spend-spend -spend!
How many years has the government (the tax payers) been paying out money to keep cops on the job? I guess the next step is to make them federal employees.

Andy, I like your idea about making cops out of the federal employees.  That way, money would be saved because the employees are already working.  Nah, I take that back.  Very few federal employees do any work, just set around and pass the buck.  Guess that wouldn't work. 

I do not want to see any more federal or state employees turned into something they are not! Here in Oregon we have a couple of the new homeland security officers. They have one covering an area about the size of New York state. How can someone even if he is a super cop be effective doing nothing but driving around he state?? What a waist of money. Due to the 35,000 square miles covered by one officer. He said it take him a week or two to cover his area. Seemed like a nice guy, very personable and he seemed sharp, however what can one man do in an area that large. Is that how this money is to be spent? How pointless, he is just there so Obuthole can say look how well we got our country covered. What a doorknob! This crap has got me just about speechless. How can  this country put a jerk like that back into office is beyond me. He was totally useless and did not do a positive thing in the last term, how in hell does  anyone think it will get better? ARG, just stop the world from spinning, I wanna get off.

There's one way the conservatives (not RINOs) can stop this illegal gun grab. The house of Reps control the purse strings.  If Boehner has any Cajones he will refuse to finance  the owebombs gun grab.

If any representative 'rat or RINO votes to give the owebomb money for this illegal gun grab.   Vote him/her out of office.

Good idea if we have to wait until the election.  Maybe we should start a serious recall

of senators and representatives who can't read the constitution. 

As a person who was clocked about ten times in 90 miles and where at least 5 people had

already been pulled over by cops, I don't really think we need more cops on the roads which

is where they will be instead of watching the schools. 

Give the teachers the right to concealed carry all over the US with a new fedral law that prohibits

the restriction of their rights to carry if they have been properly trained in any state that has

good training for their concealed carry permits.  Any permit holder should be clean and teachers

could be screened to make sure they are clean before they enter the classrooms.  Background

checks should be done on teachers anyway.  So should they be done on police officers and

representatives and senators.   By the way the president should also have to present all his

background information before he is allowed to occupy the white house.  Lets get really

serious about these background checks.

We should go several steps further than permitting teachers to CCW. Currently We pay teachers for obtaining further training that's why they go to summer school and get advanced degrees ie HIGHER EDUCATION = MORE PAY.   We should provide training for teachers  like policemen get and then pay them extra for their advanced education IF they will CCW in classes. It would also be a lot cheaper than hiring a full time guard in the school.  An armed guard can usually be detected and avoided by someone determined to commit mayhem BUT a teacher that carries concealed is unknown to the perpetrator and presents a threat that most perps will avoid.  It might also change the attitude of some of the academics and their unreasonable fear of an inanimate object like a gun.

I agree vote anybody that votes for guncontrol out of office,let them work for a living afterwards.

Teachers will carry concealed for free.  Why pay for what you can get for free and I trust the

teachers as much as I trust the cops to know what is going on at their schools.  If we fund more

police, they will be out with their radar collecting funds from the people in a hurry to get to

work or to the next appointment.  Cops do save lives now and then on the roads, but they also

could be more watchful at schools, but that would reduce local revenues since cops do collect

taxes from drivers on a daily basis.  That is one way they fund their existence.   Cops are also

individuals.  Some are great people and good citizens.  Some are not.  I appreciate the good ones

that are honest and uphold the constitution as they are supposed to do.

Then she would be a greater liability for all of us. Maybe you did not see it, but buried within Obamacare is provision for a 6000-maned private army.

The Obama administration: is a class act, Concerning the condition of the Tail Wagging the dog. Those numbers looks like a bureaucratic jobs stimulus!

I see one that is not just a tax and spend proposal which is the checking of records for possible shooters with mental illness of one kind or another. Depression is usually not the main reason for shootings. Mood switching mental illness is fully the main reason including the radical drugs being used by therapists. We actually have to get info from alternate sources for the info on side effects and problems with drugs. Our FDA is useless in doing so. We note we seldom see anything about any mental drugs from the FDA unless they are killing more than a certain number,, and then it is with reservations when the FDA reports! Obama needs to first check out what he has in his Administration instead of taking a stab at our Second Amendment. Biden is another and the fact is, if Obama was impeached as he certainly should be, Biden would follow as another impeached! Do we have real Americans in our Congress and Senate? We know we will find almost none on our Supreme Court.

Drugs are a problem.  I know multiple cases of people on drugs taking their own lives.  That is

tragic, and I am fairly certain that drugs had a lot to do with their taking their own lives.  Would they

have done it without the drugs?  There is no sure way of knowing, but I am very sure that with the

drugs they killed themselves.  Those people were considerate and loved their family members more

than their own lives.  Therefore when the destructive mood hit, they killed themselves.  That is not

a fabrication.  I could name names and places if I needed to.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service