Alaska Physician Shuts Down Practice, Citing Obamacare

After a long list of Obamacare failures in Alaska, one physician is shutting down his decades-old practice, charging that the health-care law and other federal programs are “unsustainable” for practicing doctors.

Dr. William Wennen, a plastic surgeon, is closing his Fairbanks practice after 38 years of working in the state. Dr. Wennen blames federal health insurance programs, citing Obamacare, Medicaid and Medicare, for shutting down his practice.

“It is an unsustainable system,” Dr. Wennen wrote to his customers in a letter obtained by The Daily Caller. “I am personally writing off upwards of three quarters of a million dollars annually in free/uncompensated care.”

“My reasons for closing down the office are simply economic,” Wennen wrote. “The governmental agencies that are supplying ‘medical insurance’ to the elderly, the disadvantaged, the indigent and the sick, injured, or disabled have placed an unrealistically low value of worth on physician’s services.”

Medicaid typically has the lowest physician reimbursements of any federal program. Doctors have been protesting pay cuts for services through Medicaid and Medicare. It’s increasingly difficult for customers to actually find health care providers that accept the coverage — especially in private practice, where doctors are more hard-pressed to be profitable than at big-budget hospitals. 

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/21/alaska-physician-shuts-down-pract...

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is one of THOUSANDS that are following along this path because of the governments intervention!

AND SO IT BEGINS.  Keep in mind, a Dr. is not trained in a year or two, and I think the implosion is beginning. 

Obamacare will force many quality physicians to stop seeing Medicare and Medicaid  patients and go into private practice. To fill the vacancies the government will turn to less competent doctors from Central and South America as well as from Africa and Asia. These doctors will also be given immunity from malpractice suits from incompetence. The affordable care act will meet its goals of providing affordable care at the cost of quality care.

Yes! It is already happening! Many clinics are closing or cutting back on services; doctors are leaving their practice either all-together, or simply refusing to take patients with this coverage! Obamacare is ruining our medical coverage/care as we know it!  It is ruining our country!

That was already happening before Obama Care.  that is nothing new

My Father was the head of the AMA back in the '60's. The government asked him to write a paper on socialized healthcare. He wrote a scathing report about why it should not happen. Everything he said was going to happen is happening. I lived in Canada under socialized healthcare. They lost all their good doctors because they came here. The cost of practicing medicine became too great for many many doctors that were left.What you are left with is sub-standard medicine, waiting lines for up to 2.5 years in some cases, a population that no longer knows what good and bad medicine is or was.

My family doctor (after 20 years of going to him, mind you) has left his practice and "retired" because of Obamacare.  I'm sure these aren't the only two doctors who left the profession of their choice because of this government interference!

My doctor has also 'retired', with no replacement in sight at the office.

Blame the ignorant lazy voters that wanted Obama and his Muslim liberals. After 6 plus years we are no closer to putting him in jail for treason and murder, does anyone know why?

Blame it all on our SORRY ASS Congress!

I would assume Congress is being paid off

to allow this hatred of America to continue!

VOTE THEM ALL OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!

I lost my primary/cardiologist doctor of 25 years within the 1st year of ObamaCare and have lost 2 more since. This October I lose my employer health care, which I've had for 35 years from a well know Aerospace company, to a "high" co-pay/"high" deductable plan. My monthly payment has doubled and my deductble has gone from $3,000 to $7,000, family plans go as high as $14,000.

This is good news to a certain extent in that the regulation of Medicine caused by the STUPID Rockefellers through the establishment of the American Medical Society stopped natural medicine which has cures for cancer, viruses, and other disease just might have a comeback when doctors cant see a good paycheck word will get out and students wanting to become medical doctors will seek careers in cheaper alternative medicine....Thanks Obama.........

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service