$52,293 NIH Study Aims to Reduce Discrimination of LGBT Schizophrenics by Convenience Store Clerks

The National Institutes of Health through its National Institute of Mental Health has awarded $52,293 in taxpayer funding to the Toronto-based Centre for Addiction and Mental Health to study how to reduce discrimination of lesbian, gay and transgender people with schizophrenia by members of the community they are in frequent contact with, like the “convenience store clerk.”

“Inquiry will extend from individuals with schizophrenia to include family members and service providers of participants as well as community members with whom they are in frequent contact (e.g., convenience store clerk),” the grant, titled “Defining Community for LGBT People with Schizophrenia,” stated.

“Sexual and gender minority individuals with severe mental illness (SMI) are amongst the most marginalized individuals in North American society,” the grant stated. “They face multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination that compound the effects of having a major mental illness, hampering recovery and frustrating efforts to meaningfully participate in our communities.”

“Our work will lay the groundwork for our developing a better understanding about how we can reduce that discrimination in community contexts and develop interventions to facilitate community participation among sexual and gender minority individuals with severe mental illness,” it stated.

“Complementing a study of community participation amongst an ethnoracially diverse group of individuals with schizophrenia in Toronto, Ontario, this project will involve the development of a new arm of the study that would focus specifically on lesbian, gay, and transgender (LGT) people with schizophrenia and those with whom they interact,” it stated.

read more:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/52293-nih-study-...

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of Convenience Store Clerks are Middle Eastern, and in the Middle East these Folks are "Offed" so maybe, they should not flaunt their "Queernness".     Just an observation.     Stay out of my face with your aberrations, and I have no problem with you.     The National Institute is just another Govt run debauchery.

Is this all the Gay people do, sit around and think up things to cry about, OK fine you are Gay so what ! I'm straight, if for some unknown reason I went to a gay bar and did not get served I would go to a bar that would serve me see problem solved this is how real grown up adults think you might try it and be a hole lot happier and so would the American people !

We need to set some standards in this nation for ourselves:

1. Abortion is wrong.

2. Marriage is only between one man and one woman.

3. English is our nation's language.

4. Voter ID.

5. Our flag is to be honoured.

6. Ten commandments are to be followed.

Just a tad tired of the whining.

Is this really a problem?  

“Sexual and gender minority individuals with severe mental illness (SMI) are amongst the most marginalized individuals in North American society,” 

Am I confused? I am not cognizant that either gender is in the "minority"!

Aren't there any lgbt schizophrenic investigators based in the USA, that would happily take $52k and have quite parties while they proceed with their investigation.

" study of community participation amongst an ethnoracially diverse group of individuals with schizophrenia in Toronto, Ontario, this project will involve the development of a new arm of the study that would focus specifically on lesbian, gay, and transgender (LGT) people with schizophrenia and those with whom they interact,”

This is really important to the welfare of our country right now.

“Complementing a study of community participation amongst an ethnoracially diverse group of individuals with schizophrenia in Toronto, Ontario, this project will involve the development of a new arm of the study that would focus specifically on lesbian, gay, and transgender (LGT) people with schizophrenia and those with whom they interact,” it stated.

Sixteen such individuals will be assessed three times over a one-year period, according to the grant.

The project “will provide an intensive and nuanced description of community participation for these groups that will offer policy makers and clinicians in-depth information which may help them in improving services.”

“Using interviews, ethnographic observation, and the creation of maps to geographically locate places of risk and resource, we will examine the physical, social, psychological, political, economics, and cultural dimension of community participation,” the grant stated.

The project began on Aug. 20, 2013, but funding for the project began one year later on Aug. 1, 2014. The project and funding will conclude on July 31, 2015.

& just how will this 'grant' be of value to We here in The United States of America?

Unless Obama plans to 'Relocate' those schizophrenia's into the United States

Why the study is in Toronto?

If a person is gay i dont have a problem with that as they have there
Free agency to chose !
I start having problems when they want to shove there way of life down my throat !

with you on that - don't care if people are purple, green, gay, lesbian, whatever nationality - I think multi-nationality communities (could be) interesting - used to be; right now, they're all fighting and literally being paid by 'the government' via grants and non-profs to tell the world they've been unfairly treated (no, they haven't - society is upset because they're acting like mobsters rolling the taxpayers for everything they can get  - it is the disrespect being displayed currently that has caused animosity:  they aren't victims - they are people trying to get something for free with the rest of us paying for them.  Society didn't hurt them - there are a very few bozos out there that are bigots - but maybe 1/2 of one percent at best.  For those who use that minute statistic to rob the rest are criminals in their own and should be stopped.  And makes them/ the mob worse than any one individual that hurt their feelings.  It's so stupid:  greedy and feeble.

Billions of dollars in junk pseudo-science studies are handed out every year by the federal government. This is the new way of passing out pork projects, since they are using all government agencies to prevent any project that helps the middle class. Instead of building roads to help transport goods and allow freedom to travel, they are planning on adding fees and tolls to interstate highways.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Jerry HolbertPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service