100% Student Walkout for Common Core SBAC Test at Seattle High School

school

Not a single 11th grade student showed up to take the SBAC test at Nathan Hale High School this week, a Seattle Public Schools spokesperson confirmed.

The news that 100% of the 11th graders opted out of the test was first reported on an education blog.

State Superintendent Randy Dorn released a statement Friday on the potential “fallout” from students opting out of testing. Dorn said there could be academic and financial consequences for the state of Washington if students don’t take the SBAC.

“No test is perfect. But the Smarter Balanced tests, with their emphasis on real-world skills, are better than any standardized test our state has administered before,” Dorn said in a statement.

He said without the testing results, educators will have a harder time identifying learning gaps in the student population and that results will be less reliable. Dorn also pointed to federal expectations, saying that without a 95% participation rate, the Department of Education could cut funding to schools and label Washington as “high risk.” (Read more from “No Juniors Show up to Take Common Core SBAC Test at Seattle High School” HERE)

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe the Northwest isn't as liberal as we've made them out to be. Now if we can get them behind an individuals right to hold religious beliefs and live their lives on that basis, they will be changed. I have many times considered them as being just as sick as the LGBT community they support. 

LET them "cut funding." That's the best way to return local control to the families everywhere in our country and get rid of commie core, as well as commie soetoro. More power to those intelligent children and their families.

that is the most brilliant suggestion ever.  Cut it!  who cares - we will continue without you. Change the education to a new era of local/county/state monies only.  Get you out of our hair once and for all - start a waive across America, starting in Seattle.   

Cut the entire Department of Education and give the money to the states so that they can control education as they see fit. We don't need the feds to tell us what to do and control the funding for education. The states should be free to do that on their own with the support of parents within that state.

Just for the overhead - not to mention massive corruption. It takes $4 in taxes and new debt for every Federal dollar delivered. It only takes $2 for the state to deliver the same service. If the state allows grass roots efforts, those efforts usually cost $1.20 for every dollar of service delivered.

Combine state and local services, and the savings alone are astronomical, not to mention more responsible.

Just to warn all that do this I would do the same - but now the evil government is going to step in and if these tests are not taken you child may be expelled.  I would say go ahead do it.  I would advise all parents to get together and have a back up plan.  Perhaps some parents can stay home and conduct home school but a statement must be made.

Not a single 11th grade student showed up to take the SBAC test at Nathan Hale High School

Makes a pretty-good "statement" FOR the 'Next-Generation'

This "nullification" should spread across the country.  Time to put a stop to Washington, DC controlling America's education system.

dorn why don't you go crawl under judas-hamanobama's desk to fill the best position you are qualified for.  It sure is not as an educator of kids.

And now . . . they're going to retaliate against those students:

West Virginia Students Being Suspended For Opting Out Of Common Core Tests

April 24, 2015  //  By: Rusty  

Parents of students at Liberty High School in West Virginia are receiving phone calls from the school indicating that their child will be suspended if they opt out of Common Core testing next week.

Eric Madia posted his thoughts (HT Conservative Byte) after receiving a phone call from the principal:

I just received a phone call from Liberty High School’s principle regarding my decision to opt Joshua out of the common…

Posted by Eric L Madia on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Superintendent Mark Manchin called into the Mike Queen show on WAJR and confirmed that actions would be taken against students who opt out, saying it would allow kids to opt out of other rules that the school has such as smoking in front of the school.

Manchin also compared opting out to driving 80 mph down the highway.  He added, “We simply can not allow them to opt out.”

“If we allow that door to open, where people can unilaterally decide what parts of public education they adhere to and which they don’t, I think we’re creating a system that will be very, very difficult to work with.”

He added, “Parents don’t have the right to pick and choose the provisions of public education in which they feel they want to comply with.”

Manchin says “We will send a message to all the parents here in Harrison County.”

We spoke to Mr. Madia after his Facebook post who said he will not back down on this issue.

“I am going to instruct my child to not take the test,” Madia said.  “He will not be punished.”

Listen to Manchin continue threatening students and parents with suspension below…

image: http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/3433fa3db281cd166a90c2e96bb4bbb6?s=80&...

About the Author : Rusty

Rusty Weiss is a freelance journalist focusing on the conservative movement and its political agenda. He has been writing conservatively charged articles for several years in the upstate New York area, and his writings have appeared in the Daily Caller, American Thinker, FoxNews.com, Big Government, the Times Union, and the Troy Record. He is also Editor of one of the top conservative blogs of 2012, the Mental Recession.

http://menrec.com/west-virginia-students-being-suspended-for-opting...

Good! Spread your comment.

I F

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service