Tea Party Command Center

Carney: Obama Implementing Executive Actions Following Navy Yard Shooting

President Barack Obama on Monday wearily lamented “yet another mass shooting,” this time in the nation’s capital where the debate that raged earlier this year over tightening firearms laws has stalled amid opposition from gun-rights advocates.

The shooting at the Washington Navy Yard came a week after voters recalled two Colorado legislators who supported tougher gun measures, illustrating the strong political headwinds faced by lawmakers seeking to respond to the violence.

Obama, for one, has been powerless to get legislation passed despite a string of mass shootings during his presidency.

In the wake of the shooting at the Navy Yard, Obama spokesman Jay Carney said the president is implementing executive actions and reiterated his commitment to strengthening gun laws, including expanding background checks to sales online and at gun shows.

read more:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/09/17/carney-obama-implementing...

Views: 1639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If he does, Congress should declair to the SC it is unconstitutional and the NRA should occupy the SC building until they say it is unconstitutional.

Our biggest problem is that the republikrats will sit by and let him do it. Oh, they may piss and moan but they won't do anything to stop it. Giving guns to al Qaeda is treason but what does the "leadership" of the republikrat party do about it???

Bob,  You are so correct and truthful.... the head of the House is complicit and red-faced GUILTY just as the long legged mac daddy, Obama is!  What a shame that all those cowards let US down in the end.  Will they all get their 20 pieces of silver too? ? 

Okay Colorado it is time to go to Washington and fired these so called representatives of the American people.  Colorado shouldm't be the only ones going to the WH.  It needs to be millions and millions of people that go to the WH and fire everyone of them with major fines and prison sentence.

Gawd! The idiot is wanting to take the guns away so people ... not even the Military Base or Navy Yard can protect itself?

I have a unique idea!  How about ARRESTING CRIMINALS who use firearms killing innocent people regardless of the location!!!

Ditto! Also rescind the Obama/holder policy that minorities will not be charged with crimes! That D.C. shooter had a license to own a gun--Duh! What in the hellsbells kind of background checks are being done? That perp had 3 arrests for using a gun maliciously before this dreadful crime! If he was not dead obama would let him go home just like previous Law Enforcement did!

OBAMA..., YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELF....! LEAVE OUR 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS ALONE....!! WE THE PEOPLE ARE LAW ABIDING....!! GO AFTER THOSE THAT BREAK THE LAW....! NOT THOSE THAT HAVEN'T.....! THE 2nd AMENDMENT. " THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED...! "

Thank you! The washington morons will never put 2 and 2 together. They still haven't figured out what an assault weapon is. I wish Daisey would make a BB gun that looked like an AK. Feinstein would shit her granny panties. 

As I said before, they need to be placed in a home for senile Senators!

RECALL!

Win the 2014 mid terms for the Republicans and within a year we impeach Obama and turn our country around. He'll be gone with his ideology!

Why wait until the 2014 elections. The election process is so corrupted that there would be no fair election. It is imperative that we the people act now.

Jim, you and I (and I am sure many others) have the same fear.

I DO WANT TO BE SOOO WRONG.

I think he will "mock" another election to run again.  IF he doesn't, he'll make sure someone like Clinton runs...and it will still be the same evil farce.

RSS

TEA PARTY PROJECTS

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service