HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius taken aback by ‘relentless’ ‘Obamacare’ politics

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said that she has been taken off guard by the concerted and continuing opposition to “Obamacare” and that her office has been pushed into public relations mode to persuade states to join the exchange.

The White House by and large thought the Supreme Court’s favorable ruling would have squashed all debate, she said, as The Hill reported.

“The politics has been relentless and that continues,” she said in a Reuters report. “There was some hope that once the Supreme Court ruled in July, and then once an election occurred there would be a sense that, ‘This is the law of the land, let’s get on board, let’s make this work.’”

But states are still battling — and that’s a surprise, she said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/10/hhs-secretary-kathl... 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Views: 803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She sucked as Govenor of Kansas what would make anyone think she could do better here?

Yes, she was terrible and because of her Kansas became known as the baby killer state. We had one of the most ruthless of the 3 late tri-mester Abortion Doctors in the USA, George Tiller, in Wichita, Kansas. People came from all over to have this serial killer abort their babies up to the 36th week! Sebellius allowed Tiller to continue murdering babies and never opposed this practice or had him arrested.  She continues to support Dr. Carhart in MD who is a late term abortion doctor. It was like having Heinrich Himmler as your neighbor! The only reason she was re-elected was her daddy's money and because she was the 1st Woman as KS Governor and idiots thought that was great. Normally, we are a RED state, primarily, thank God. She was an embarrassment to our state.

Why do you think Obama appointed her in charge of Human Health Services? Because he is just like her and drools over the thought of mass-murdering babies!

"Enter Kathleen Sebelius. When she was governor of Tiller’s home state of Kansas, Sebelius hosted Tiller and Carhart for dinner at the governor’s mansion. She wanted to honor them for the work they were doing, which largely consisted of late-term abortions on children who could all survive outside their mothers’ wombs, killed by a procedure so gruesome that the late Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan—a pro-choice Democrat representing New York—condemned it as “infanticide.” This is the same Sebelius who now, as secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is the lead federal official for taking over the U.S. healthcare system with Obamacare. She is also the official who issued the HHS Mandate—the federal regulation requiring almost all employers in America with 50+ employees to cover abortion-related services, which is now slowly heading toward the Supreme Court for violating the religious freedoms of people of faith."

a href="http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/12/Woman-Dies-in-Partial-Birth-Abortion-Performed-by-Doctor-Linked-to-Sebelius">http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/12/Woman-Dies-in-Pa...;

Intellectually vapid. Sebelius is typical. 'ObamaCare' is a Lie. And will be Repealed. 

I hope your right JC no one can afford his affordable health care program that everyone knows he will get kickbacks from

Sooner the better. My insurance went from 189.00 to 650.00 month. Gee thanks Obummer.

What makes it better i only get 725.00 month SS. Just take it all !!! I can eat grass. I wont take any of there help !!!! They can stick it.

I hear you Im on ssdi and its a joke I started working at 15 and now Im screwed how can anyone survive when they take all your cash ment for housing I guess Odumba wants us all to live underground like the homeless do in Kansas City

No...he wants you eliminated..only the "elite" survive....and we are not it! Or there is a green/sustainable 200 sq ft cell in your FEMA camp waiting for you...

OMG Ted that's scary... is that for one or family? trying to get an idea what I have to look forward to...

They havent zapped me YET but its supposed to double when it does then Ill drop it like a hot potato Ive had it with this administration the reason he wants this in place is to get kick backs some how and some way he wants all our $ my dad said the rich man dance and the poor man pays the band now I know what he ment by that

Tough bananas Kathleen. Communists are not wanted here.

May you go down in the flames of defeat!!!

The ruling is questionably favorable. Even a wise trick.

Sebelius is about as useful as udders on a bull.

RSS

TEA PARTY SUPPORT

TEA PARTY REPORT - 10/30/14

TEA PARTY FACEBOOK

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service