Obama at the U.N part 2: President Obama Says We "must" Condemn "those who slander the prophet of Islam,"

Today, President Barack Obama delivered four pretty good paragraphs to the United Nations about the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and the underlying principles of free speech and tolerance-of-minority-viewpoints it reflects. In the as-prepared transcript of the speech, the good material in question can be found starting with the sentence "I know there are some who ask why we don’t just ban such a video," and concluding with the accurate kicker, "There is no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan."

I would be inclined to quote more, if it weren't for the Obama administration's own sorry record of video apologetics and premature blamethese past two weeks, and for the fact that the president's welcome-if-overdue remarks today were bracketed by some assertions that can best be described as heinous. First, the noxious preamble:

In every country, there are those who find different religious beliefs threatening; in every culture, those who love freedom for themselves must ask how much they are willing to tolerate freedom for others.

That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity. It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well – for as the city outside these walls makes clear, we are a country that has welcomed people of every race and religion. We are home to Muslims who worship across our country. We not only respect the freedom of religion – we have laws that protect individuals from being harmed because of how they look or what they believe. We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them.

Then, the worse postscript:

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims.

And speaking of that favorite State Department word, rejected--isn't that a word to describe what you do to something that gets in your face, or body? In medicine, the body "rejects" organs or other dissonant substances that have been introduced within it. In basketball, not every blocked shot is a "rejection," mostly those that come when the offensive player is driving aggressively toward the vicinity of the hoop. Innocence of Muslimsdidn't get all up in someone's grill, it lay forlorn and neglected on YouTube until some people (pro and con) decided to get excited by it. Even then, it is a remarkably easy piece of culture to avoid coming into contact with. "Rejected" implies a cultural potency that "Sam Becile" (or as I prefer, "C'est imbecile") could never dream of.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/25/president-obama-says-we-must-cond...

well, I guess he is standing with the Muslims!

Views: 797

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anti-Christ anyone? He is at least very close to it, I also think that his primary handler Soros is the best candidate for the Beast of Revelations.

Oh Ya Wayne...if not him very close to the one who will come.  Complete Evil

I can not believe their are people that still listen to this pice of garbage barack hussein obama . Wake up people ! barack hussein obama is a fraud and usurper who may not be a US citizen let alone a Natural Born US  citizen .

President Obama Says We "must" Condemn "those who slander the prophet of Islam,"

Reckon what he is going to do to those of us whom he condemns, jailed, killed or what?

Take away our future? HOW? What other evil does this evil sob have instore for America?

I Lonnie A. Smith offer a Legal way to deal with these Traitorous Obama tactics. Write me in on your Ballot for United States Sheriff. All Politicians/Traitors and Terrorists will be Served with Justice American Style, since our Senate, House, and SCOTUS have done nothing about this Muslim Dictator wanna be. As I have told Dee, I will not back down nor be bought off. I Stand for God, Country, American's and our Constitution! So Help Me God. This goes for all Politicians, regardless whether they are Republican or Democrat! I'm in for the Long Fight. God Bless and thank you. Please pass it on to Relatives, Friends and others. For the People by the People!

I wrote several things I think Obama and his evil corrupt deadbeats will try to do to the Ammerican people if he becomes president again.   He is also is going to bankrupt the US and put everyone under the governments control.  He will tell us where we can go, what we can do, what we can wear, he intends to kill off the senior citizens and the disabled.  The senior citizens will not have Medicare or any other insurance.  Obamacare has more about what they are going to do to the senior citizens than anything else and Obama has really got alot of evil corrupt things that he is going to do to us. Plus cut our Social Security and he is planning to do that in November.  He hates the white people and especailly the senior citizens and the disabled.

And as someone said, we are killing off a generation through abortion who would be supporting another generation  

You can begin with me because I have nothing but contempt for islam as they all reject the Son of God and will burn for following the false , self-appointed prophet mohammud. They have ears and refuse to listen to the truth.

A Just and Righteous God, be it the God of Budda, the God of Jehovah, the God Catholicism or Christian, a true GOD does not CONDONE murder of innocent people just because they do not believe in HIM. He, God, will take of all of his people on judgement day. It is not up to us or mohammud to pass judgement.

No one could be more innocent than a child nestled in the womb of it's mother.

Message from Israel......  I just heard from my friends who live in Tel Aviv.  They have lived there for 9 years now.  We traveled with them to Israel and all of us fell in love with the land, but they took the step to go.  They now minister to the elderly and homeless Jews as well as families.  They are preparing for war.  They have accumulated supplies and have packed them and placed these supplies in strategic locations where they can be used for shelter and food in the event they are under attack.  My friends have made preparation for their own shelter and have agreed with a neighbor to be able to use their bomb shelter in exchange for food and supplies throughout the war.  Instead of leaving Israel they are hanging in there.  But, their message to Christians in America, is to watch and look up as our Redemption draws near.  I am amazed they have not been asked to leave by the officials in Israel, but because they do so much good, they are recognized.  He is Jewish and she is Gentile.  They are both Christians.  Pray for the people who God has sent to help care for His people at a time such as this.

My prayer would be that if it has to happen to prepare the way as the Bible says: Then make it swift and sure. God Bless Israel and God Bless America (in spite of our president)

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service