Obama at the U.N part 2: President Obama Says We "must" Condemn "those who slander the prophet of Islam,"

Today, President Barack Obama delivered four pretty good paragraphs to the United Nations about the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and the underlying principles of free speech and tolerance-of-minority-viewpoints it reflects. In the as-prepared transcript of the speech, the good material in question can be found starting with the sentence "I know there are some who ask why we don’t just ban such a video," and concluding with the accurate kicker, "There is no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan."

I would be inclined to quote more, if it weren't for the Obama administration's own sorry record of video apologetics and premature blamethese past two weeks, and for the fact that the president's welcome-if-overdue remarks today were bracketed by some assertions that can best be described as heinous. First, the noxious preamble:

In every country, there are those who find different religious beliefs threatening; in every culture, those who love freedom for themselves must ask how much they are willing to tolerate freedom for others.

That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity. It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well – for as the city outside these walls makes clear, we are a country that has welcomed people of every race and religion. We are home to Muslims who worship across our country. We not only respect the freedom of religion – we have laws that protect individuals from being harmed because of how they look or what they believe. We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them.

Then, the worse postscript:

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims.

And speaking of that favorite State Department word, rejected--isn't that a word to describe what you do to something that gets in your face, or body? In medicine, the body "rejects" organs or other dissonant substances that have been introduced within it. In basketball, not every blocked shot is a "rejection," mostly those that come when the offensive player is driving aggressively toward the vicinity of the hoop. Innocence of Muslimsdidn't get all up in someone's grill, it lay forlorn and neglected on YouTube until some people (pro and con) decided to get excited by it. Even then, it is a remarkably easy piece of culture to avoid coming into contact with. "Rejected" implies a cultural potency that "Sam Becile" (or as I prefer, "C'est imbecile") could never dream of.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/25/president-obama-says-we-must-cond...

well, I guess he is standing with the Muslims!

Views: 797

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard him say that and thought you horrible man!  I refuse to tolerate the "prophet".  My God, please, This is a Christian Country. PERIOD.  We do not have to respect the "prophet".  PERIOD.  How dare he say that.

So obama will make it a hate crime for Americans to speak out against Islam and Islamists will do and say whatever they want to say of do to Christians, Jews or any other  non-muslims.

obama is guilty of treason.

Just another Obama tactic to Destroy the Constitution, another term for this Muslim Leader and his band of followers on Capitol Hill, The Constitution and Our Rights as we know them will be replaced by the Muslims Rule and Sharia Law, Leave the Constitution Alone, Obama! I still remain Dedicated to Our Country, American's and Our Constitution, and God. Write me in on your Ballot, Lonnie A. Smith for United States Sheriff, I'm in for the long fight for Our America! Thank you. And God Bless.

"The future WILL not belong to those who slander the Savior Jesus Christ"

I refer to Biblical Prophecy:

Zechariah 12:8-10 reveals: "In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourned for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn." And one shall ask Him, "What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends" (Zechariah 13:6).

I pray that the president doesn't make the United States one of those nations.

Bill, from what I have been told, United States is not mentioned in Revelation.  No one can figure out why.  Well, maybe we have the answer.  I feel like Lot begging God if there are 100 people, 50 people, 25 people will you save our Country?  I am finding it hard to believe that a man who has two daughters will sacrifice them for this.  But, maybe they will be out of dodge when it happens.  I keep thinking tonight will be the night when the Lord will remove us from this, but it is not evil enough yet.  He said those days would be worse than anything since he created the earth.

Patrick, Yes, I get the picture.  In fact, I have wondered who the women was. I have been reading this now for days trying to figure it out and you gave me the answer.   I also thought the eagle was America.  We must stand strong and not allow the serpent to move us or allow his persecution to affect us or sway us from Our First Love.  We Are So Close aren't we to those days we were told of.  We have read it and read it and now the time is coming.  Who will Stand?  Are we strong enough to take this on and face the evils that will stand before us trying to convince us we are not strong enough and we should give into the Evil one.  Will physical pain make many turn against the Lord God Almighty?  Or will we allow the pain to endure for a moment and be able to overcome.  Patrick thank you for answering my question.  I will pray we can all endure the coming End Times.

Lee.  Of course the US is not mentioned by name but it is a nation which currently appears to be turning it's back on Israel (Jerusalem).  Secondly the scripture quoted is from Zechariah in the old testament not from revelations.

Is there any doubt as to who are what he is?  He continues to blame America America for everything and falls on his sword for Islam.  What a disaster for a President.

Larry, no doubt in my mind who he is.  I believe he is the person who will bring about the Anti-Christ.  I am frightened at the same time anxious and also happy to finally be headed toward THE DAY when we vote.  I hesitate to say Hate but I hate this man for what he is doing to our Country and to Israel.  I emailed my friends in Israel tonight and told them there are many Americans who do not agree with the President and will fight to defend Israel

I'm with you Lee. I stand by Israel and am ashamed that American people elected this traitor to our highest office.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service