Image result for medicaid gopWhile Democrats have been pounding the drum against proposed changes to Medicare, Republicans appear far more likely to pursue an overhaul of Medicaid, the healthcare program for the poor.

Medicaid has grown in size in recent years, with ObamaCare extending coverage to millions of low-income people who hadn’t qualified before. 

But Republicans warn of the program’s growing costs and have pushed to provide that money to states in the form of block grants — an idea President-elect Donald Trump endorsed during the campaign.

Vice President-elect Mike Pence signaled in an interview with ABC this month that the incoming administration planned to keep Medicare as it is, while looking at ways to change Medicaid. 

“I think President-elect Trump made it very clear in the course of the campaign that, as president, we're going to keep our promises in Social Security and Medicare,” Pence told ABC.

“With regard to Medicaid, though, I will tell you, there's a real opportunity, there's a real opportunity as we repeal and replace ObamaCare to do exactly what the president-elect also said on the campaign, and that is block granting Medicaid back to the states.”

Block grants would mean limiting federal Medicaid funds to a set amount given to the states, rather than the current federal commitment, which is more open-ended. 

Pence implemented policies as governor of Indiana that would require Medicaid enrollees to pay a small monthly contribution towards their coverage into a health savings account. 

That idea could soon be going national. Trump’s nominee to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Seema Verma, helped Pence develop the changes to Medicaid in Indiana. 

read more:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/312051-gop-zeroes-in-on-change...

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BRAVO! 

And they should, medicare his limit amounts, medicaid should too !

How well I know.  A disabled widow living on under $900. per month and now they tell me that Medicaid QMB which had ALWAYS covered every bit of my Medicare premium expenses, will no longer cover part B so they want to take hundreds more out of my little check to pay for that.  That's a crime!  I cannot even afford myself the luxury of owning a car, and now they want to reduce what I have for food money too, forcing me to pay what had formerly been covered through Medicaid?  I've voted Republican since casting my first ballot back in 1973 because it is the party of life that has always protected the babies.  They should want to protect the elderly as well.  Health coverage and food are about as basic as it GETS.

As a disabled widow, I believe you will have no problems, at least in staying on Medicaid. Obama's been so devastating to our country, that more people lost their jobs and are on welfare and food stamps than ever in history! They also couldn't afford Obamacare so they got dumped into Medicaid. This is one reason why our debt is in the trillions! But once Congress mandates most governance to be reinstated to the states, each state will determine who really needs medicaid....they won't be able to afford to put everyone on it! Once the economy opens and these people get back to work, the states will have a better chance of covering those in need while removing those who aren't. You won't be in that latter group.  Likewise, once it gets to the states (maybe even before), it will be recognized just how rotten this last administration has been and people aren't getting what they deserve, there may be some swing in bringing back QMB/Part B. Whatever happens, we know Congress and the states are going to do what's best for the people.  This is their time to shine and you'll be one of the lucky ones who won't be losing any benefits and maybe even getting more. It'll come sooner or later, I have a feeling.

Victoria, the demonkrats want everyone under their thumbs but Trump wants self-sufficiency to be the norm again.  The biggest problems I see with government programs is that they are designed to punish citizens and benefit illegal aliens, the imported moslem terrorists, and the lazy "gimme gimme" people in our society.  I paid into social security and medicare for 50 years and now that I need it demonkrats call me a "burden on society" and claim that I am "stealing from future generations".  they are the thieves, having stolen that money for their own use, to buy votes and to pad their crooked pockets!!!!!

Get the crooks out of the system and it will work. I mean companies who advertise products that they will bill medicare, the doctors who write phony bills, the pharmacies who write phony bills and the crooked people who milk medicare for a profit they can make....

keep a good eye on this i really dont trust GOP any more...they threw me under the bus a long time ago

Michael, I don't trust the gop any more than I trust the demonkrats.  they are 2 wings of the same nwo buzzard!!!!!

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2015/06/the-new-world-order-so...

No matter how one looks at this problem it is going to be mess what with Our Federal government involved

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

‘Breaking: Supreme Court Sides With Trump Over Sanctuary Cities In Deportation Case

The US Supreme Court sided with President Trump over sanctuary cities today in a 5-4 decision.

The court ruled the government has the power to detain people who are facing deportation because of the crimes they committed.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined justices Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh in the majority.

Bloomberg.com reported:

A divided U.S. Supreme Court bolstered the government’s power to detain people who are facing deportation because of crimes they committed, siding with the Trump administration in a clash with implications for so-called sanctuary cities.

The case focused on non-citizen legal residents who serve a criminal sentence, get released and later are arrested by federal immigration agents.

The 5-4 ruling Tuesday said those people aren’t entitled to a bond hearing, and the possibility of re-release, while the Homeland Security Department presses its case for deportation. The ruling reversed a decision by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

In announcing the decision from the bench, Justice Samuel Alito said the lower court had made a “policy judgment” using reasoning that “makes a mockery” of the federal immigration laws…

…Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh joined the majority, but they splintered in their reasoning.

Thomas and Gorsuch didn’t agree with all of Alito’s opinion. They said courts lack power to consider issues involving the detention of non-citizens until those people are facing a deportation order.

TRUTH - New Zealand Shooting

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service