Conservatives vindicated by Obamacare's mounting failures

During the healthcare debate of 2009 and 2010, conservatives screamed a simple fact from the rooftops: Obamacare will not work. No one wanted to listen then, but their warnings are now coming into fruition.

Obamacare, as constructed, attempted to fix a dysfunctional health care payment system by creating an even more complicated system on top of it, filled with subsidies, coverage mandates, and other artificial government incentives. But its result has been a system that plucked Americans out of coverage they like and forced them to pay more for less.

Now the insurers are beginning to realize that in spite of all the subsidies and mandates working in their favor, and despite all of the cost-cutting they have had to do at the expense of consumers, they just can't make money in this system.

In a Tuesday conference call with investors, the CEO of America's largest insurer announced that his company would be hastening its pullout from the ..., and will remain in just a handful of state marketplaces. UnitedHealth lost an estimated $425 million last year on its Obamacare marketplace activity, and it's decided that enough is enough.

read more:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/conservatives-vindicated-by-obama...

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get government OFF our backs and tie it down with constitutional chains.

Obamacare wasn't supposed to work. It was designed to destroy the best healthcare system in the World. It was designed to create the public angst needed to drive a single payer system. It was designed to punish the American people for having better than the rest of the World.

You got that right.

Standard libTARD fare, it MUST be a mental aberration to be a democrap!

Now watch as they hit taxpayers with BAIL-OUTS GALORE!!! Some of you actually VOTED for this leftist agenda, how do you like it NOW???

LAST LAUGH IS STILL ON US.  After April 18th now they will be funded from tax fines from those who can't afford insurance to keep doing whatever they want.  And we know that isn't making sure everyone can afford and get healthcare.

The way around that is to claim zero on your W-2 form. The only enforcement vehicle they have is forced deduction from your income tax return. The law prohibits the filing of a lien against you from the IRS.
I suspect they did it this way to punish low income workers by stealing their tax refunds. Many people other understate dependents to drive a larger refund check and then make plans against it. The public outcry then drives future legislation for a single payer system.
Beware of the effort to eliminate the use of cash. Digital currency gives government control over everything. Speak out and you get deleted. Unable to but or sell .... Where have I read that before.

Wake up people

I'm self employed though.

What law prohibits the IRS from filing a lien? Do you know, Tom? Please share info if you have it.

Though largely ignored by a media obsessed with a contentious election cycle, Obamacare's demise is a developing and legitimate news story.

UHC was one of several insurers reporting huge losses as early as 2014.  Despite the administration's wildly exaggerated claims to the contrary, enrollment has been stagnant, often falling below Congressional Budget Office projections.  Other problems include those enrolling simply to dodge the "penalty" and never paying a dime in premiums.  

The industry's biggest challenge is an uncharacteristically gutsy move by Congressional Republicans last December which virtually dismantled the so-called Risk Corridor, the baked-in provision for compensating losses to insurers, or, tax-payer bailouts.  But shed no tears for them.  Even more corrupt than the law itself was the community of drooling corporate maggots slopping away at the public trough, happy to sacrifice scruples for for tax-levied profits. Even a business college dropout could have predicted then that Obamacare would never work. 

Buried in the Obamacare legislation (affordable care act) it details how the IT'S can enforce the penalties. They are limited to deducting the penalty from income tax refunds only. They are prohibited from adding the penalty to your taxes owed balance

problem is though, few are willing to sacrifice (just say NO, do without HC insurance) or simply make the deduction changes necessary to not have a return coming (0% loan to fed/gov) to deduct the penalty from.

Tom Gallagher-- That's a good point.  Restrictions against garnishments helps consumer mores than the underwriting community.  Insurers are crying poverty over last year's average compensations of 12 to 13-cents on the dollar.   

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Boom! President Trump Issues Warning To Deep State: “You’ll Be Surprised At The Names Of People Involved In The Corruption”

President Trump joined Judge Jeanine Pirro by phone last night for an extensive interview.

The president sounded very upbeat in the interview and hopeful that Democrats will act soon on border security and end to their government shutdown. “We’re doing very well with China. We’re doing well with North Korea. You know I was dealt a very tough hand.” On the shutdown President Trump said, “They think it’s politics. I think it’s very bad politics. I think the country wants to have protection at the border.”

The President also discussed the ongoing deep state witch hunt of him and his campaign and administration. Judge Pirro then asked the president if he has ever been actively working in Russia. “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked. I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever had written. And if you read the article you see that they found absolutely nothing.”

President Trump took a swipe at Jeff Bezos, “Washington Post that’s basically the lobbyist for Amazon. He uses that, Bezos has bigger problems than anybody right now.”

Then President Trump dropped this bomb. “The whole Russia thing is a hoax… Everybody knows it… Wait til you see how it all ends up. You watch. McCabe, Lisa Page, Strzok.

You watch. Including some others I should not name. I better not. You watch. It would make front page news if I do. You’ll be surprised at the names of the people involved in the corruption.“

Now THAT is some real news!

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service