Obama: 'You Interpret a Statute Based On...Intent'

The intent of Obamacare is clear, and the law "doesn't need fixing" President Obama told a news conference in Germany on Monday.

"There is no reason why the existing exchanges should be overturned through a court case," he insisted, just days before the Supreme Court is expected to rule on a case that could eliminate subsidies for people who fot their insurance through the federal exchange.

Obama, a former constitutional law professor, said laws should be interpreted based on their "intent":

"And under well-established statutory interpretation approaches that have been repeatedly employed, not just by liberal Democratic judges, but by conservative judges like some on the current Supreme Court, you interpret a statute based on what the intent and meaning and the overall structure of the statute provides for," Obama said.

"And so this should be an easy case. Frankly, it probably shouldn't even have been taken up. And, you know, since we're going to get a ruling pretty quick, I think it's important for us to go ahead and assume that the Supreme Court is going to do what most legal scholars who've looked at this would expect them to do."

The Supreme Court case focuses not on intent, but on the plain language of the Affordable Care Act.

The question is whether the Internal Revenue Service, by regulation, can extend tax credit subsidies to people who purchased health insurance on the federal exchange.

Four words in the law specify that only exchanges "established by the State" may offer subsidized health insurance. But most states let the federal government set up their exchanges for them.

read more:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-you-interpret-sta...

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

waiting and waiting. have heard this story before.

That's right Barry you and your friend Mr. Gruber intended to lie and cheat the American people but you ended up screwing your self, never in American history has there been a bigger Ass Hole then you, O and your wife to !

can't imagine anything more stupid, then to say laws are based on intent.

And what happens when the next person finds the intent to be different,  and how does one deal with a law that isn't what is written, but is open for "intent"

And what happens when a law says that this plan will provide this that and the other thing, and it provides "none of the above".?? Can it even be considered a law if it was made with the intent to deceive people? If the way it was supposedly written, was not deceitful, then it must have been totally confusing which, in itself, should have negated the damned thing from ever becoming law. And the lack of time for voters in this issue, in and of itself, should have caused it to be thrown out, but of course Nancy "THE MOUTH" Pelosi made sure that the law was passed by stating her case and that "if you want to know what's in it, pass it and you will find out." That statement from her, when she made it, reminded me of a sleazy styled used car dealer selling a used vehicle to a consumer without ever allowing the buyer to even try it out first, and then when it turned out that the vehicle was ready for the junk yard the dealer used every excuse in the book to not have to fix it. This was the reason that the LEMON LAWS became law and now I wonder if the administration can be sued via a similar law due to misrepresentation??? Would that be the O Blemon Law???

I see the resemblence but Barney is a good guy .. his intensions were always good .. on the other hand the only good intent  Obama has is for himself ..

I agree. Barney is a good guy, even a Patriot. But we would need to "re-train" him on the Preamble to the Constitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuPQgV8yBM

Funny stuff!

What an ignorant, narcissist, incompetent. lying pos.

ANYONE WITH UNCLOUDED THINKING WOULD CLEARLY SEE THAT THE INTENT HERE, IS DESTRUCTION OF A SUCCESSFULLY,ECONOMICAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.

His POTUS HIDDEN AGENDA... DESPERATE?
Secretive....he's out in the open here.....spineless selfish.....o Lord have mercies on us!

BHO HATES ISRAEL-YISRAEL and our JUDEO-CHRISTIAN NATION USA, he is a NAZI / COMMUNIST / FASCIST / MARXISM / DOMESTIC TERRORIST / and a muslim and muslim brotherhood member and SYMPATHIZER!!

Sure run over to Germany to talk about the U.S.Sure is a great role model for Harvard. Did not learn much there.

I have doubt he ever really "went" to school there.  He may have been enrolled but I have doubt he ever graduated.  If he has a degree, where is the diploma?  If he was born, where is the birth certificate?  If he is what he claims, how come the best job he could find was community organizer (party planner) in Chicago.  I would think an attorney could find a position, no matter how low in a legal firm.  If he is actually a graduate of Harvard Law School, it is certainly a black mark on Harvard.   

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Pat Cross

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Rudy Fires Warning Shot – Going to Release Evidence on the Biden’s Millions in Corrupt Deeds!

President Trump’s personal attorney and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani dropped a bomb this morning warning that he is going to start revealing documents related to the Biden Family’s corrupt and criminal dealings in the Ukraine and elsewhere around the world.

Rudy tweeted:

Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

Rudy Giuliani    @RudyGiuliani

Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

It’s time to take these criminals from the Obama Administration to task.  The Bidens, Obamas and the Clintons were criminal enterprises.

Trump Speaks At March For Life Rally

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service