Is Jonathan Gruber — the MIT economist who seemingly dropped out of public view after he was caught on camera bragging about how he and other Obamacare architects misled the American public — now advising the Department of Labor?

No evidence indicates that he is, but the authors of DOL’s sweeping new seven-part group of regulations that would sharply curtail choices of assets and investment strategies in 401(k)s, IRAs, and other savings plans appear to share Gruber’s mindset on the “stupidity of the American voter” (a revelation that Rich Lowry aptly described as “an unvarnished look into the progressive mind, which . . . favors indirect taxes and impositions on the American public so their costs can be hidden, and has a dim view of the average American”).

Now President Obama and Secretary of Labor Tom Perez are advancing a new regulatory and hidden-tax scheme while claiming to protect average Americans’ retirement savings from unscrupulous financial professionals. The proposed “fiduciary rule” would restrict the investment choices of holders of 401(k)s, IRAs, health savings accounts, and Coverdell education accounts.

In a speech to AARP, Obama proclaimed:

If you are working hard, if you’re putting away money, if you’re sacrificing that new car or that vacation so that you can build a nest egg for later, you should have the peace of mind of knowing that the advice you’re getting for investing those dollars is sound, that your investments are protected.

Similarly, a DOL “fact sheet” describes the rule as “protecting investors from backdoor payments and hidden fees in retirement investment advice.” The sinister-sounding “backdoor payments” actually refers to a longstanding practice of compensation to brokers from many mutual funds and annuities. This practice is disclosed to investors and enables brokers to charge them less because of the additional compensation that brokers receive.

Yet upon further reading, the DOL rule seems premised on the Gruberite notion that American investors need protection from their own stupidity. According to page 4 of the rule:

[I]ndividual retirement investors have much greater responsibility for directing their own investments, but they seldom have the training or specialized expertise necessary to prudently manage retirement assets on their own.

Therefore, they “need guidance on how to manage their savings to achieve a secure retirement.”

Can’t savers who feel they need this guidance seek it out from a variety of investment professionals under a system with strong disclosure and anti-fraud rules? Absolutely not, says the Obama administration.

read more:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417525/obamacare-your-ira-joh...

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MARXISTS NEVER RUN OUT OF SCHEMES TO FLEECE THE PEOPLE . THEY WONT BE HAPPY UNTIL THEY HAVE STOLEN EVERYTHING WE OWN .

"You didn't make that money-- the government did!"  Obama and his trolls are looking at every pile of money they can get their hands on, drive the country into overwhelming debt, seal saving accounts from those who have worked and managed their money, yap that's the Obama way.

What a low down gangster crook!!!!

he isn't really needed; he uses an [MIT?] computer modelling software that is specifically flawed.  garbage in, garbage out... [he] looks at the output of fatally improper input - disguises it as thought pattern and spews the exact same crap that was planned to be the output from onset - and, here we are... so to speak.  So did a lot of Federal funding/grant monies go into the development of the software to back the necessity of outcome?  Becoming like an old Betty Davis Movie married to (starting with): 2010, A Space Odyssey... Whatever Happened to Hal?

Don't know for sure but when I looked at the Obamacare stats relied on to produce the Obamacare catastrophe, appears so  -  on purpose or just stupid, is the question?

Yet upon further reading, the DOL rule seems premised on the Gruberite notion that American investors need protection from their own stupidity. According to page 4 of the rule:

[I]ndividual retirement investors have much greater responsibility for directing their own investments, but they seldom have the training or specialized expertise necessary to prudently manage retirement assets on their own.

Therefore, they “need guidance on how to manage their savings to achieve a secure retirement.”

Hay, I for one [1] am Glad the U. B. Government is looking out for me & my retirement money - - - - NOT!!!!

The Washington schemers never stop. Once they've forced everyone into one of the seven chosen investment schemes, they can use the government controls congress gave them to bankrupt those schemes, then save everyone with government handouts.

Obama wants all Americans to have the same everything  doing this in his mind its ok to steal what is not his and make it his.  Tyranny it is worse than that.  He is pure evil and his thirst for power and money is one thing he will never be able to satisfy.  He needs to be impeached.  NOW.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

OMG!! WTF!!: Rep. Ilhan Omar Tells CNN That She Doesn’t Know Why Her Anti-Israel Tweets Would Offend Jewish People

Rep. Ilhan Omar defended her anti-Israel sentiments on CNN on Thursday, saying that she doesn’t know why those comments would offend the Jewish-American community.

Omar famously tweeted in 2012 that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

When asked about the tweet by CNN, Omar responded, “oh, that’s a really regrettable way of expressing that. I don’t know how my comments would be offensive to Jewish-Americans.”

Ilhan Omar    @IlhanMN

Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.

Omar added that her comments were “precisely addressing what was happening during the Gaza war,” and that she was “clearly” speaking about the way the “Israeli regime” was “conducting themselves in that war.” 

Embedded video
Adam Weiss@adamMatthew

“I don’t know how my comments would be offensive to Jewish-Americans.”
Oh?!

Without any follow-up or push back, CNN moved on to asking the accused antisemitic congresswoman about her opinions on Rep. Steve King and his “racist remarks.”

While her perceived antisemitism is given a pass — Rep. King is boldly branded without any hesitation.

King has repeatedly stated that he was taken out of context and disavowed white supremacy and all forms of hatred – while Omar stands behind her bigotry. Yet, only King is facing consequences and blow back.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service